Age Of Conan players?

neobuyer

Master of Disguise,
Anyone? I did a search but came up empty.

Just got to LVL 40, so I can try crafting and ride a mount.

Fritz

Annex Florida Coalition, Goodwill Ambassador,
15 Year Member
I picked up AoC recently, the game has been pretty solid so far, its actually better than I was expecting in the gameplay department. The combat mechanics are very slick for a mmo and more akin to a standard action game. Attack swings ca hit multiple targets so you have to pay attention to positioning to make sure to get in blows on multiple mobs. There is a physics engine so you can't run through/stand on top of enemies or other characters. The quest have been interesting with some of the standard fare mixed in, ie fetch quests.

Sound wise, excellent music and sound effects. The voice acting is hit or miss, you can tell some of the actors were reused for multiple characters.

Graphics are overall excellent. The main character models are very detailed and move very naturally. Enemy models/animations are solid. Some of the NPC's are a little odd looking, a la Oblivion. The outdoor areas are lush with vegetation. Some of the textures look a little off but nothing major.

If you haven't played it, its a good filler while waiting for Diablo 3 and Guild Wars 2.

The game + expansion is 9.99 at GS and Frys and comes with a free Month. Its also F2P but with some restrictions.

Edit: I forgot to mention, nearly all the characters playing AoC are neobuyer accounts, so take heed.

Last edited:

GUGFA

n00b
Bough box about 4 years ago. 31Gb free space to install ??? And after i installed this crap, game started to download 10Gb+ update via laggish client, which supports only one direct connection to server and didn't supported resume. Canceled this shit and removed from PC.