AES SHELL DIMENSIONS HELP

Hi. Im trying to reproduce the AES shell, but i dont own one myself, so i need someone who can measure, from the real shell, the distances represented on this image (red lines):

AES_FRONT1.jpg

Any help would be appreciated.

Last edited:

BIG BEAR

SHOCKbox Developer,
20 Year Member
Im pretty surprised China hasn't churned these out already given that they've made an MVS one already.
BB

BIG BEAR

SHOCKbox Developer,
20 Year Member
I’d like to see a plastic console shell for a 4 slot or 6 slot, I wonder how that would look...
3d
I was considering trying to make this happen for the 2 slot and 4 slot,not so much for the 6 slot because it's not common enough.
BB

Tarma

Old Man
20 Year Member
Knock-off AES clones inbound!

Well done community!

🙄

Neo Alec

Warrior of the Innanet
20 Year Member
Hi. Im trying to reproduce the AES shell, but i dont own one myself, so i need someone who can measure, from the real shell, the distances represented on this image (red lines):
Any help would be appreciated.
This is a really dumb way to do it, in my opinion. If you're going to make a proper mould to make reproduction shells, then you have to buy a real system and use that. Maybe a beat up broken one. The dimensions alone aren't enough to get all of the curvature and shape right. Think of it as an investment in your project. Or you can just waste your time making something subpar I guess; that's up to you.

I wish you good luck. I've been kind of hoping someone would make some.

This is a really dumb way to do it, in my opinion. If you're going to make a proper mould to make reproduction shells, then you have to buy a real system and use that. Maybe a beat up broken one. The dimensions alone aren't enough to get all of the curvature and shape right. Think of it as an investment in your project. Or you can just waste your time making something subpar I guess; that's up to you.

I wish you good luck. I've been kind of hoping someone would make some.
Yeah im thinking of buying one in the near future. Meanwhile im trying to start a 3d model with the available data and then adjust the dimensions.

Raph4

Retrogoobing Newscaster
10 Year Member
Yeah im thinking of buying one in the near future. Meanwhile im trying to start a 3d model with the available data and then adjust the dimensions.

- take photos
- measure
- learn his specific shape

AES is not a simple flat square. Its profile is inclined and curved.
Create blueprints and take measures on it can really help you for begining.

Good luck

Spoiler:

neogeo_3dsmax_filiaire.jpg