AES on high definition LED TV

bayram

n00b
I have my Neo Geo AES hooked up to a 32" Samsung HD LED screen, through scart cables. I have done the RGB mod. The picture is clear with vibrant colors, but its also pretty pixelated. Is the pixelated pic due to the HD monitor?

Wolfie79

Quiz Detective
I would love some pictures in high res (even if too big to put here and you could upload to photobucket or directly to me email address), for the simple reason i`m still undecided :(
If to either keep my cab as it is and play MVS carts on it, or else invest in a supergun+consolive my MV1B mobo and connect to my 40" LCD ....

HeavyMachineGoob

My poontang misses Lenn Yang's wang
10 Year Member
Yes, the pixelation is due to the HDTV (crappily) upscaling the Neo's image up to the display's native resolution, which is usually 720 or 1080 vertical pixels, compared to 240p (right?) from the Neo.

The only option is to find an external upscaler (like the XRGB), which will help retain picture quality, but for the most part you won't get the same kind of soft, yet sharp image you normally get from an SD CRT.

Personally, I don't mind pixelated video games. I mean, they're pixelated to begin with! No blur or or fuzziness just means the picture is more true. People who use emulator filters don't really appreciate vintage games...

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
One of the tech gurus said that it is possible to tap the Neo signals from their digital sources and would install like a mod chip with a lot of wires and would require some fine soldering work.

bayram

n00b
Yes, the pixelation is due to the HDTV (crappily) upscaling the Neo's image up to the display's native resolution, which is usually 720 or 1080 vertical pixels, compared to 240p (right?) from the Neo.

The only option is to find an external upscaler (like the XRGB), which will help retain picture quality, but for the most part you won't get the same kind of soft, yet sharp image you normally get from an SD CRT.

Personally, I don't mind pixelated video games. I mean, they're pixelated to begin with! No blur or or fuzziness just means the picture is more true. People who use emulator filters don't really appreciate vintage games...

Yea i know what you mean. I just want my tv to display the truest picture possible. I love the colors and the picture is clear. Pixel love :D

bayram

n00b
One of the tech gurus said that it is possible to tap the Neo signals from their digital sources and would install like a mod chip with a lot of wires and would require some fine soldering work.
do you know of anybody who have actually done that?

ChuChu Flamingo

We have purposely, trained him wrong, ...as a joke
10 Year Member
With the proper scaler, they can look almost as good as a decent arcade monitor.

The one thing I hate about playing old games on digital displays is input lag. No getting around it.

Last edited: