AES joystick problem, fixable?

The Chief

U.N. Apologist,
20 Year Member
So I went to play a game of KOF97 with a friend today and he was complaining about the right direction of the joystick not working. I took a look at it and sure enough nothing happened when the joystick clicked right. It is an old school style joystick.

Is this something I can fix and if so what is the best way to remove and reapply the rubber pads on the bottom of the control. Any help is appreciated.

Thanks
The Chief

liqu

n00b
I also have promblems with two of my old school sticks, on both of them the A button is the problem, it doesn't seam to register when beeing pushed, anyone know how to fix this?

Amano Jacu

Charles Barkley
Oh well, I guess all these old AES sticks are getting too old... The directions on mine work OK so far, but the A button is also starting to fail. It usually works, but sometimes you press it and nothing happens so you have to press it hard. That's a big problem when playing Metal Slug.
I opened it but the buttons mechanism is very well closed so I can't try to fix it.
Info on how to solve these probles will be greatly appreciated.

Retroplayer

Crazed MVS Addict
With the direction problem, are you sure it is not the micro switch that has failed?
As they are very easy to get and replace.

Winston Goh

Camel Slug
Originally posted by Retroplayer:
<strong>With the direction problem, are you sure it is not the micro switch that has failed?
As they are very easy to get and replace.</strong><hr></blockquote>

Yup and cheaply too.

The Chief

U.N. Apologist,
20 Year Member
Originally posted by Retroplayer:
<strong>With the direction problem, are you sure it is not the micro switch that has failed?
As they are very easy to get and replace.</strong><hr></blockquote>

How do I know if it's the micro switch and where can I buy one of those.

Also you said they are easy to replace, what exactly is involved?

Thanks
The Chief

Winston Goh

Camel Slug
Originally posted by The Chief:
<strong>

How do I know if it's the micro switch and where can I buy one of those.

Also you said they are easy to replace, what exactly is involved?

Thanks
The Chief</strong><hr></blockquote>

The microswitch for the joystick is called a leaf button, easy purchased a any electronic shop.

The Chief

U.N. Apologist,
20 Year Member
Originally posted by Winston Goh:
<strong>

The microswitch for the joystick is called a leaf button, easy purchased a any electronic shop.</strong><hr></blockquote>

Ok but is there any part number or anything like that I need to know or is it just a "leaf button."

Also, is there any soldering required in the installation?

Thanks,
The Chief

Winston Goh

Camel Slug
Originally posted by The Chief:
<strong>

Ok but is there any part number or anything like that I need to know or is it just a "leaf button."

Also, is there any soldering required in the installation?

Thanks,
The Chief</strong><hr></blockquote>

Yes, you need to solder 2 wire.

I don't know the part number of it, left switch comes in different sizes, the best thing is to disassemble your controller and take the leaf switch to the shop.

Sometime, the little metal thing may be loose, just bend it in a bid, it may work.