AES delayed : Pacelforce Suck

Gazado

Overtop Pathfinder
Hi,
I just need somewhere to complain and vent my frustration.

I was at home all day yesterday until 3:00 and someone was here from 4:00 onwards, and the tracking website states delivery of my new NeoAES was attempted at 1:40, and I WAS HERE AT THAT TIME ?!?!?!?

Im totally pissed off, Im here all day today aswell, its not like I can go to Medway sorting office, I live in Margate, 2 hours drive away and Ive never got past Canterbury in the car !!
Also there is no calling card left either. Total shite postal service ARRG.

I WANT ME NEOGEO AND SAMSPIRITS 1 & 2 RIGHT NOW.

ARRG

*caugh*

ok I'll try to remain calm in the hope of a re-delivery today...

Gazz

Gazado

Overtop Pathfinder
ok, it may be overkill but I just made a note saying to hit the doorbell hard (even though I just cleaned the contacts and it works when the wind hits it!!!) and stuck it on the front door so everyone can see it.

I cant wait anylonger for my package. ARRG

k'_127

NeoGumby's Sycophant,
20 Year Member
hahaha. but you'll be getting enough games to keep you busy for your whole life anyway.

trust me, SS1 and SS2 are THAT great, and they are worth the wait ;)

Gazado

Overtop Pathfinder
sorry but I feel like Im 4yrs old and its Xmas all over again.... Im a kid when it comes to getting excited about getting new toys to play with - sorry, new games machines to play with.

Gazado

Overtop Pathfinder
It finally came through.....

....however Ive been slapped with a £44.14 customs charge. whooopeeee. I dont have the cash on me so they've taken the machine away again until I can pay it. They *should* re-deliver tomorrow but the bloke said as its a second delivery I'll need to phone and arrange it with them.

My mum put a block on all non-residential numbers to keep the phone cost down coz my sister keeps calling mobiles so I cant call out to the 0870 number to arrange re-delivery.

ARRRG

*sulks*

I just hope the website works as its supposed to now. WHY ME!!!! :crying:

Tron

Test
15 Year Member
I take it you have waited, long to have your own. Aes set up, if your saying Arrrg heh pirate talk. Damn every time i hear story with customs. In europe it sounds like a, pain in the ass to deal with. :p

galfordo

Analinguist of the Year
15 Year Member
yikes .... well, sometimes the road to Neo goodness can be rocky - but it'll be worth it. My personal favorite thing that the post office does is to attempt delivery (at 11 in the morning of course, when all normal people are working), and then proceed to NOT leave a note. :blow_top:

Then I'll usually embarrass myself by contacting the seller, who tells me that the package was sent weeks ago. Then I call the post office, and they're like, "oh yeah, it's here" .... man that ticks me off. WTF am I, a mind reader??!! :mad:

kaos

I'm a stealthy Ghost-like pimp daddy bitch, yo!
ah, parcelforce
the worst of the worst
i had terrible dealings with those guys, including one from a n-g.com member(not for his fault)

unfortunately they're responsible, in UK, for packages shipped via EMS, that's why I usually choose normal airmail or UPS
plus, they usually charge insane custom charges

2Dfan

Formerly "Dreamer"
20 Year Member
Customs charges...the fear of every European...I still have nightmares about it myself, I could have bought 2 AES systems for those damn charges :blow_top:

son_of_bael

Host for Orochi
I despise customs charges. I like it best when they say, "you owe £1.36 in tax and £13.50 for the clearance charge." Fekkers.

Its also good when you here the letterbox go about 5.20pm with a note saying "while you were out...", then you open the door to see a parcelforce van disapearing round the corner of your street. :very_ang:

SHO

Raiden's Valet
custom charges.....

that what makes the uk prices so feck up

Gazado

Overtop Pathfinder
most things Ive imported before, the sender as declaired the item as a gift so this is the first time Ive ever been hit by customs.

Ive kinda calmed down now and I got the money to pay in cash for the item. Its just annoying that they dont tell you in advance of the customs charge and the amount because I could have got the cash ready for delivery. Its not like I have loads of cash laying around the house ,everything is banked up for security (other than my penny-jar ;) ).

Anyway , I'll have my neogeo tomorrow I guess. I'll leave a note on the door again though because as I said in my first post, I was at home ALL day and:

1) No calling card was left
2) I was at home when this supposed delivery took place

Kinda susspicious if you ask me.

Ahh well, I'll go back to my doom3 level design for now I guess. :oh_no:

djrconsoles kr1

Astra Superstar
custom charges are the worst nightmare, if the seller doesnt mind, I always ask them to declare the value low to try and get around the tax after being badly stung with an import tadx of over £60 on one parcel! Its a complete rip off

SNZero

Mr. Big's Thug
Customes charges can be avoided if u are prepaired to lie a bit, just ask the seller to send it as he would send a gift, u are not charged for presants/gifts been sent into the UK, only things u actually Buy from other coutries.
When i had a Big order from neostore i just declaired the value of the pakage as $10 and got no charge, not sure if that made me avoid the charge. hmmmm never know. Seemed to work tho.
And yeah the UK postal service blow goats, they held a package of mind for about 2 weeks without telling me. urgh

Mr-Megalo

Morden's Lackey
I've been stung by ParcelForce's charges before even when things have been declared as a gift and at lower than £100 :mad_2: fuck knows why but Ive heard they sometimes check the contents at customs - as for the parcelforce drivers , i get the same guy everytime and we are on first name terms - probably due to a 3 week period where he was knocking on my door at 9:25am everyday for just under 2 weeks and a couple of times just after, its luck of the draw I guess, also a mate of mine worked at one of there depots for awhile, man did he tell me some horror stories and home truths. just to confirm - no parcel is ever treat any differently whether its on standard delivery or a more expensive option, they all get kicked and thrown about regardless

Gazado

Overtop Pathfinder
Ok, just an update.

I put a re-order request through on Wednesday for a thursday re-delivery and guess what ? IT NEVER CAME.

Im at work today (friday) so they cant deliver it until Monday now. So thats at least 3 days Ive wasted sitting around at home when I could have been doing other things. Im going to make a formal complaint and write in (what good that'll do), and request for the customs charges to be refunded - I'll have to pay them to the postie to make sure I get my item :mad:

I'll just have to see how it goes, and hope I get my machine through in working order. I mean, the box was right there on my doorstep and I watched as they went away with it again into the distance :crying:

Such bad service I sware, the people I work for are shockingly bad for customer service but this is rediculous.