ADK: The other SNK meat

radiantsvgun

They call him Mr. Windy
15 Year Member
While there is no set-in-stone single continuity for all of ADK's titles, the little easter eggs, recurring themes, and internal franchise references are still fun to find across their many titles.

E.g. "Spider" from Ninja Commando and "Zeus" from the World Heroes games, Fuuma's presence in GanGan, all the red and blue ninjas, etc, etc...

Wasn't that Doc from the WH series in a lot of their games? Besides WH and Gangan, wasn't he in another one?

They really did a lot of attention to detail in their games though, I suspect they really put their heart into their games.

Lee Gray

SSVS Special Plz..., Buying & Selling that, Never
Always loved the presentation of world heroes 2

BlackaneseNiNjA

The Fatal Fury Disciple
15 Year Member
Wasn't that Doc from the WH series in a lot of their games? Besides WH and Gangan, wasn't he in another one?

They really did a lot of attention to detail in their games though, I suspect they really put their heart into their games.

They did indeed. For that reason, I can't recommend ADK World on the the ngcd enough to those whole love their work. It's a big ol' love letter to ADK fans.

Doc Brown also shows up in Ninja Commando and even more recent Playmore era games like Neo Geo Heroes Ultimate Shooting too.

Last edited:

CrystalCore

Crazed MVS Addict
They did indeed. For that reason, I can't recommend ADK World on the the ngcd enough to those whole love their work. It's a big ol' love letter to ADK fans.

Doc Brown also shows up in Ninja Commando and even more recent Playmore era games like Neo Geo Heroes Ultimate Shooting too.

Doc Brown's definitely in KOF Sky Stage, last I checked.

Tanooki

War Room Troll
Wikipedia lists DanceRhythMIX 2002 unreleased for the MVS, anything about how far that was done or anything to see or hear on that one? That appears to be perhaps newer than the partly done Magician Lord sequel.

I've always been more partial to their earlier stuff but it's all I ever touched (Magician Lord, Ninja Combat, and World Heroes) though after getting a taste of Crossed Swords 2 in MVS format I've really learned to love that fairly unique game. Love to own Twinkle Star Sprites in a cart and not just the legally sold ROM pack Humble Bundle did a little while back as that one is fantastic.

BlackaneseNiNjA

The Fatal Fury Disciple
15 Year Member
Wikipedia lists DanceRhythMIX 2002 unreleased for the MVS, anything about how far that was done or anything to see or hear on that one? That appears to be perhaps newer than the partly done Magician Lord sequel.

I've always been more partial to their earlier stuff but it's all I ever touched (Magician Lord, Ninja Combat, and World Heroes) though after getting a taste of Crossed Swords 2 in MVS format I've really learned to love that fairly unique game. Love to own Twinkle Star Sprites in a cart and not just the legally sold ROM pack Humble Bundle did a little while back as that one is fantastic.

Sup Tanooki. I remember there being word of a very small location test a long long time ago. I don't remember seeing screens, but I'll try to find a link. May have to use the wayback machine site to view the cached content if it's even still there.

Edit: This was one of the english sources: http://archives.insertcredit.com/news/092003.html

Last edited:

cr8zykuban0

Igniz's Servent
Definitely do love the world heroes series. My favorite one has to be wh2. Also love thrash rally and ninja commando

But no love for blue's journey? I thought it was pretty decent platformer.

radiantsvgun

They call him Mr. Windy
15 Year Member
Always loved the presentation of world heroes 2

Definitely do love the world heroes series. My favorite one has to be wh2. Also love thrash rally and ninja commando

But no love for blue's journey? I thought it was pretty decent platformer.
WH2 Jet is my favorite of the series- the controls and the presentation is just so well done.

I haven't spent much time with Blue's Journey, I'll give it another shot.

cr8zykuban0

Igniz's Servent
WH2 Jet is my favorite of the series- the controls and the presentation is just so well done.

I haven't spent much time with Blue's Journey, I'll give it another shot.

Wh2jet is awesome. I love the tournament style of the game. Blues journey is fun. Its pretty fun playing 2 players. A couple of friends of mine also enjoy the game.

LoneSage

A Broken Man
20 Year Member
Never owned Blue's Journey on MVS, bought it on Wii VC. Goddamn thing doesn't even load anymore, no idea why or how that's possible considering I bought it...never made a thread about it in General Discussion.

Tanooki

War Room Troll
Sup Tanooki. I remember there being word of a very small location test a long long time ago. I don't remember seeing screens, but I'll try to find a link. May have to use the wayback machine site to view the cached content if it's even still there.

Edit: This was one of the english sources: http://archives.insertcredit.com/news/092003.html

Shame there's so little there, but at least some kind of tiny story/proof of it other than some vague list I saw it on as the wikipedia isn't always solid.

And since it's being mentioned Blue's Journey which is on that 161in1 I've had some fun with, it's not bad, a really odd stand out for the Neo Geo being a cute console style platformer in a sea of arcade staples.

BlackaneseNiNjA

The Fatal Fury Disciple
15 Year Member
Shame there's so little there, but at least some kind of tiny story/proof of it other than some vague list I saw it on as the wikipedia isn't always solid.

Here's the shots from the DanceRythMIX location test:

Dance RhythMIX.jpg DanceRhythMIX screen 2.jpg

DanceRhythMIX screen 3.jpg DanceRhythMIX screen 4.jpg

Last edited:

kuze

Sultan of Slugs
10 Year Member
That actually looks pretty interesting, too bad there's not a video. Thanks for sharing those pics!

Tanooki

War Room Troll
Yup that looks fairly DDR on a joystick style gaming there. Not a bad idea, just not very original either but I could see people go for it depending on the tracks. Maybe we can toss this one up on the wall as a hope it leaks someday type thing (right along with for me personally Wing Commander 2 for Super Famicom/SNES which was finished then scrapped as the developer PONY went under.)