About Rage of the dragons

Kristian Meller

Vanguard Pilot
10 Year Member
I'll have to get '94 to '97 when I get back in the money some day. After ROTD though. 2003 should be on its way :glee:

Buying a snap lock case for the ultra cheap '94 will be a bitch.

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
This is one game that I won't bother tracking down an original with.

bloodhokuto

Меня зов
15 Year Member
I bought the home cart a few years back, I kinda like it, but actually preferred Matrimelee, - they both came out at a similar time. (Provided, of course you have the Japanese or unibios because the US 'version' of melee was retarded).

I have no idea it was worth £600 or whatever. Shit, I don't even know where I have stored it (not that I'll sell it mind).

ViolentStorm

Windjammers Wonder
As a big fan of Garou: Mark of The Wolves, I had high hopes for Rage of The Dragons since the graphics style and animation looked so similar. However, ROTD doesn't quite have the "awe factor" of other 2D fighters.

Lord_Tibor

FLIPTASTIC PRICEJACKER!
garou is certainly a way more polished game ;)
kof 2k1 and 2k2 may have the nice and deep gameplay, but to me Rotd has much style and visual beauty. brings me back to the days when old SNK made her beautiful jewels =) I wish there were more later neo games like ROTD... new and nice overall (don't care if it's not the best)
As a big fan of Garou: Mark of The Wolves, I had high hopes for Rage of The Dragons since the graphics style and animation looked so similar. However, ROTD doesn't quite have the "awe factor" of other 2D fighters.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
don't care if it's not the best

Also not better than

KoF 95,
Garou,
RB2,
RBS,
RB,
FF3
FFS
Last Blade 2,
Last Blade 1,
SS5S,
SSIV,
SSIII,
SSII,
SSI,
Waku Waku 7,
Ninja Masters,
Kizuna Encounter,
SVCC,
Matrimelee,
Double Dragon,

and I am probably missing some, but yeah, it's clearly not the best. The worst? Um...

Lord_Tibor

FLIPTASTIC PRICEJACKER!
well. you forgot about the other 1000+ fighters we have on the neo ;)

jokes apart... all true. but still in 2k2 we got a totally fresh game, no special edition, no mugen-like game nor update. it was pretty cool indeed.
Also not better than

KoF 95,
Garou,
RB2,
RBS,
RB,
FF3
FFS
Last Blade 2,
Last Blade 1,
SS5S,
SSIV,
SSIII,
SSII,
SSI,
Waku Waku 7,
Ninja Masters,
Kizuna Encounter,
SVCC,
Matrimelee,
Double Dragon,

and I am probably missing some, but yeah, it's clearly not the best. The worst? Um...