A Screenshot of NeoGeo Battle Colosseum.

JHendrix

Jello Pudding Pop, Y'know? Like that whole Bill C
I donno could be high-res.

New, high res sprites from SNKP = :buttrock: :buttrock: :buttrock:

Please god let it be true!!!

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
Looks real to me but if it is, I'd like to see the facing page.
EX_Andy said:
Regardless, of all the characters they could put in, who the hell would actually want Washizuka? Tabatha/Tessa and Earthquake were already stupid choices for SVC, sounds like Battle Colosseum won't be much different in the judgment department.
I disagree strongly about Tabatha and Earthquake in SVC...I loved the character choices in that game...the more obscure characters the better. Otherwise what's the point? We already have KOF. I'm already kind of disappointed to see they've wasted space with Nakoruru, a character we've already seen in so many games. If they were going to have an annoying cute girl from SS, I'd much rather it had been Rimururu (SS5 sprite).

Also, since it is "Neo Geo Battle Colosseum,"and not "SNK Battle Colosseum", I hope they don't limit themselves to only SNK characters. I'd like to see some ADK, Sunsoft, and maybe even Data East, etc. if possible.

beelzebubble

Knar Sdrawkcab, !t00w
15 Year Member
the japanese writing checks out, as does the "arcadia a few days early" shit (magic box gets their arcadia info a few days early sometimes). the sprites are new and look hi res and nako looks new (maybe not??) id say this is almost definitely real..

and its looks fucking great! im hanging for the full mag spread :)

rockhoward

Crossed Swords Squire
I got it from a Korean website. The dude said he got it from a Japanese magazine but who knows?

beelzebubble

Knar Sdrawkcab, !t00w
15 Year Member
rockhoward said:
I got it from a Korean website. The dude said he got it from a Japanese magazine but who knows?

all the japnese checks out with stuff about the slug, the title of the game and the kanji for shoot (referring to the slug shooting). again id say is real and looks great!

DevilRedeemed

teh
20 Year Member
beelzebubble said:
all the japnese checks out with stuff about the slug, the title of the game and the kanji for shoot (referring to the slug shooting). again id say is real and looks great!

Indeed. hoaxes don't make it this far. You have to wonder how the MS crew will play though. I hope this game isn't full of giant hammers and stupid crap. Make it crazy, not stoopid.

Gamefan

OldSkool4Life,
20 Year Member
IF this game is real and comes out, might actually have to put some money down for an Atomiswave system.

GAMEFAN

dragonwillow

Ghost of Captain Kidd
When you guys mean high res... you mean, GG style high res?

Because even if that screenshot is blurry, it still doesn't look that high res to me.
Someone compare Nakururu's sprite in that pic to her SS sprite?
Just from memory, they look similar enough.

DevilRedeemed

teh
20 Year Member
dragonwillow said:

Because even if that screenshot is blurry, it still doesn't look that high res to me.

I'll go as far as to say that the bg is almost definetly high rez - and bears a strong resemblance to the ones in kof neowave (maybe the bar that's blocking the view of the rest of the bg comes up when you perform this super, and you'd otherwise get a complete view of the building or whatever in the bg. or it could just be a wall). Not sure about the sprites though - wouldn't be suprised if they wheren't high rez.

The Chief

U.N. Apologist,
20 Year Member
Woah, even though it's a blury pic this game looks awesome. Glad I just picked up an Atomiswave :D

AztekNinja

Fire Starter, Instigator, the guy from RE5
WOW!!! I hope they put Tizoc in and Rick. I love to play as these guys.

Orochi Iori Y

Frenzy Football Player
Nice, this is looking good and looks real to me... Can't wait to see more, K' is in it! :D Can't wait to see him in hi res if it is indeed hi res.

barf

Maxima's Barber
hmmm dunno... real maybe but if so then the game is far from complete
loog at the beam, no transparency. look on the ground, no shadows. I find it odd since AW can handle real transparencies instead of the blinking trick.

You ll be sure on thursday
http://www.famitsu.com/game/news/2004/08/18/103,1092800617,29643,0,0.html

Sammy will show battle coloseum the 9/2 at 11am along with a lil talk about it.

or the 8/30 if you buy arcadia
http://www.arcadiamagazine.com/

Since it has battle coloseum as scoop

if it s real then they did a pretty good work at adapting the metal slug 5 first boss to metal slug original artwork

ms1.jpg

Last edited:

beelzebubble

Knar Sdrawkcab, !t00w
15 Year Member
dragonwillow said:

the nak sprite looks new to me.. also looks higher rez than kof.

edit : what is the giant blue beam through the backgrounds middle? got me puzzled.

Last edited:

Shito

King of Typists,
20 Year Member
Looks real and looks like a real circus to me.

SNK Battle Circus

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
Shito said:
Looks real and looks like a real circus to me.

SNK Battle Circus

aww, no more elitist homecarts and 700 dollar stupidity :)

Amano Jacu

Charles Barkley
kernow said:
aww, no more elitist homecarts and 700 dollar stupidity :)

Well, whoever wants the real deal instead of a sup... (sorry, I meant "inferior" :rolleyes: ) port , will have to spend more than that money for the AW cart... However it is supposed to miss all the glamour factor of the Neo Geo and be left as just... well... a game .

That being said, when will this Arcadia issue be released? Can't wait for a proper scan of that page. Let's see what we can get from this game. Anyway September 2-4 is next week.

kernow

The Goob Hunter
20 Year Member
Amano Jacu said:
Well, whoever wants the real deal instead of a sup... (sorry, I meant "inferior" :rolleyes: ) port , will have to spend more than that money for the AW cart... However it is supposed to miss all the glamour factor of the Neo Geo and be left as just... well... a game .

amen, snk need to rely on their games, and not any stupid collector mantra which blinds people into seeing it for more than it is, a game.

SNKJorge

Collection Gallery Keeper, CD Price Guide Analyst,
kernow said:
amen, snk need to rely on their games, and not any stupid collector mantra which blinds people into seeing it for more than it is, a game.

You speak the truth.

Shito

King of Typists,
20 Year Member
kernow said:

Bah, SNK never sold a game for $700, and the collector&reslleing market pretty much isn-t SNK businnes, don-t you think?

Moreover, the AES market surely hasn't been SNK main point, as SNK always was an arcade-centered game company.

I don't think SNK ever rlied on the OMG OMG expencive home carts...

SuperPang

Cham Cham's Espresso,
That pic actually made me gasp :eek:
I'll be getting arcadia in a day or two.

beelzebubble

Knar Sdrawkcab, !t00w
15 Year Member
SuperPang said:
That pic actually made me gasp :eek:
I'll be getting arcadia in a day or two.

arcadia out on monday 30th (2 days), how are you getting this months so fast?

SuperPang

Cham Cham's Espresso,
beelzebubble said:
arcadia out on monday 30th (2 days), how are you getting this months so fast?
Oh, OK I assumed it was out. I usually get it about 2-3 days after release.