A question about merchandise...

Hi, guys!

I do not really know where to put this, soo...
Neo-Geo.com has got a price guide for AES/MVS/CD/NGPC games and consoles, but not for the merchandise.

Do some of you remember those seven Shin Samurai Spirit plushies, Haohmaru, Nakoruru, Galford, Ukyo, Jagyu, Gen-An and the Referee?
I guess they could be items of interest to a collector, but is there any known value? Besides being priceless for a collector, of course. Especially a set with all 7 figures.

Last edited:

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
Hi, guys!

I do not really know where to put this,soo...
Neo-Geo.com has got a price guide for AES/MVS/CD/NGPC games and consoles, but not for the merchandise.

Do some of you remember those seven Shin Samurai Spirit plushies, Haohmaru, Nakoruru, Galford, Ukyo, Jagyu, Gen-An and the Referee?
I guess they could be items of interest to a collector, but is there any known value? Besides being priceless for a collector, of course. Especially a set with all 7 figures.

merchandise like that could go for a good amount, old friend. I have not seen any of those listed here, so rarity is obvious.

Hey, Xander! Gee, 42,000 posts in 11 years!
Has Shawn already demanded rental from you, since you seem to inhabit his forum? :loco:

Btw., it's good to "read" you, pal. Hope, you're fine.

Last edited:

max 330 mega

The Almighty Bunghole
15 Year Member
i own many of these plushies as well, from SS, fatal fury 3, and king of fighters 95. i have no idea of the value either.

Well, ten years ago I got offers at about 1000+ Euros for the whole set. Those plushies were originally sold a little while after the release of Samurai Shodown 2 in 1994, so they are quite old and maybe some of the first ones, which came out. Never saw them being sold on ebay since, but maybe one auction slipped through without notice.

Guess I'll have to ask Shawn. Maybe he has a clue.

Last edited:
I have to correct myself. They're from the first Samurai Shodown game, so they are even older.

Here is a Photo

When I got them 12 years ago, they had been a little dusty. I cleaned them with a lint roller (no water), carefully brushed their hair and shrink-wrapped them into airtight bags (as you can see on the photo).

Last edited:

NeoSneth

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
20 Year Member
maybe if there was some key items, but there are probably 100's of phone cards, plushes, and other oddities.

Well, don't forget, these midgets are almost 20 years old, yet still in great shape. And they are complete. SNK and maybe Playmore might have sold more merchandise, but these actually were the beginning.

Last edited:

Yamazaki

Baseball Star Hitter
15 Year Member
Lol

that's interesting.

I got the same set of plushies from SamSho.

Got also a bag filled with about 50-60 keychain figures.

So that's their current value? Ok, thanks for the info...
But they'll remain on my shelf and neither will I sell them for 50$ nor for 1000 Euros.

Last edited: