I remember SNK's last final farewell all too well:
dedication

P00t

Fuck eBay & PayPal,
Group Hug?!?!............................Thanks

leGionellz

Pancho Villa is my Direct Ancestor,
Sad indeed.

Well, thank you snk for bringing us some great games, which I still play with great pleasure today.

Bishamon

Azu Bla, ,
Syxx573 said:
Deja Vu.

Remember when SNK had a "Farewell" pic like 5 years ago with like a ton of characters, and it said "Thank you for your support" or something similar? It was up on their web site before it was taken down...

This one?

neo800_600.jpg

Yes, this is a sad time, indeed, but I have high hopes that some of the 2D franchises will continue to see quality releases (2D, not 3D) on new platforms.

**EDIT** ResOGlas beat me to it. :)

Syxx573

Azura's Swordsmith
Bishamon said:
This one?

Yes, this is a sad time, indeed, but I have high hopes that some of the 2D franchises will continue to see quality releases (2D, [i]not[/i] 3D) on new platforms.
[/QUOTE]

I'm hoping for both...

terry.330

Time? Astonishing!
20 Year Member
Thats a nice message but IMO they owe us all a little more than the last page of a manual.

Chicago Cheeseburgler Crew

BANNED , Banned , Here's why
10 Year Member
I may not have been into the scene or owned a neo geo for a very long time, but I've been a fan ever since I walked into the local bowling alley many years ago and played nam75 and magician lord for hours, and after that played many neo fighters wherever I could find em.

A sad day for the 2D fan.

Here's hoping the future of 2D is just nearly as good as the past...

Robert

20 Year Member
When I started to play video games, I would have never thought that a single company would influence me so much in the way I like games. I would have never thought that the end of a support would create such a sadness. I would have never thought that I would discover SNK one day, and quickly fall in love with it.

We have lived wonderful moment thank to the neo and thanks to SNK. I will never forget it, never. It doesn't mean that we won't be able to fun with games anyone. It just means that if you ask me to give you some words that sum up my youth, you'll see somewhere these three magic letter, S N K

terry.330

Time? Astonishing!
20 Year Member
What exactly?[/QUOTE]

Well considering the thousands I know I have personally spent(as many here have) a thank you on the last page of a manual comes off as a nice gesture but a little weak. Especially since the game is pretty sketchy for the final home release. Dont get me wrong I'll still buy it, its still a great game just not what the final release deserved.

ni-ten

War Room Troll
One era closes another begins...

The NeoGeo was rivaled by none other home console,
and never will be.

Magician

A simple man who simply loves gaming.
20 Year Member
Ah yes, much love for the system that gave such classics as Magical Drop 3, Last Blade 2, Garou, Blazing Star...and a slew of others, life. SNK, one love.

As for the future...it's off to a shakey start. But with Sammy at the helm I can't help but have at least a little faith as to what they'll do with SNKP's goods.

Here's to hoping.

finngamer

Big Bang Pro Wrestler
Reading that message makes me proud to have started my Neo-hobby BEFORE the announcement for the last game was given.

And SSVS was my first and last game that I bought new, upon release. Now I can look at the last page with a clear conciense, before I'm off to eBay hunting the best the Neo can offer.

neo-GRIFF

Kabuki Klasher
Its better to burn out, than fade away.

The Neo is the greatest console to ever grace the planet!

BoriquaSNK

His Excellency BoriquaSNK,, The Ambassador of Appl
15 Year Member
May the road rise to meet you, SNK.

MarrymeMai

Frenzy Football Player
I'm proud to have been an SNK fan even before the Neo hit the arcades. Time Soldiers on the Master System was the first game I ever fell in love with. As for the Neo, I saw it around '94 with the first KOF, and I've been addicted to it ever since. More money has been sunk into my Neo systems than I care to tally. Just picked up a boxed Iron Tank today. I'll never lose interest in SNK, but I must say I've lost the excitement of the Neo era. The 3rd party platforms just don't do it for me. :p

Moose

Moose,
20 Year Member
Dallas_Five said:
14 years is a hell of a long time though.

I wasn't even ten when the NEO came out. Back then, shit like SNK or MVS or QCBx2 didn't exist for me; i just knew there was this crazy-weird game where you were a guy witch or something and the bosses were huge and the graphics looked SO COOL!!!!!

Things end. Other things take their places. But if i can remember that feeling i had down at the Papa Gino's looking up at some strange big red machine (with - OMG -more than one game in it? SO COOL!!!!), the NEO will never be dead, and it'll never be about collections and money and classic inserts and disappointing new games
Hey man, you said it quite well. SNK has given us so so so much, and I think, that we, the hardcore fans have given it so so much as well. Ill admit, im a new NEO fan compared to 85 percent of this community, But you know, I want to learn the history, the hardware, I want to be a neo fanatic. And this is even AFTER its commericially done. The Neo is a pinnacle... The swiss chesse and wine, the premium... The Game, for gamers. No other system has seen true fans and gamers as the Neo has, and I believe, will continue to in the coming many years.
Thanks for all the memories Neo, but like an old friend, your never really going anywhere. I still have TONs of games to play, bosses to beat, moves to master. The fun is really just begining.
As for the future of SNK... May you see success with classic franchises, and many new ones. May your classic love and dedication to games, and the FANS stay strong, and perhaps, even rekindle new flames of following and fans everywhere. I love you Neo, and yes, I love you SNK. :buttrock:

Bluevoodu

Kyokugen's Student
Michael Yagami said:
Gentlemen, we have truly lived the golden age of videogames. I don't think you'll ever see a time like this ever again.

Just think of all the innovations we've seen in the last 14 years. We've seen the birth of what are now tried and true gameplay concepts and their perfection. We've seen the advent of 2D gaming and its zenith. No other videogame generation will be able to match the excitement and innovation of the 16 bit generation.

It was truly a pleasure to be able to play SNK games in heated arcade competition, to match up against someone on Fatal Fury special or to fight along side a friend against the forces of evil in Metal Slug. Franticly smashing the buttons and trying not to get lost in the amazing animation.

We were the last Arcade generation and SNK was the last arcade company.

My heartfelt thanks goes out to SNK for all they did for the art of gaming.
Mike
Here Here.... Couldn't have said it better :)

Nintendo made the arcade market, SNK took that & made a couple killer systems. SNK made 2D scream.

stupid thing is that..... they really didn't have to stop developing for the Neo.

What sort-of makes me mad is that they never brought out a different style game .... IE another hoizontal/vertical scroll shooter.... or something creative like windjammers. They went out on all fighting games. yes, we are lucky they supported the Neo longer. We are beneficial to have new stuff. But IMO it shouldn't have to end..... there is no reason to end.

At least we were fortunate enough to see this great system... and not pass it by like many people tomorrow will.

†B†V†

Last edited: