A Festival of Neo Geo - Digital Press in Clifton, NJ

playboycougar

Reese. ,
Anyone want to meet up here? In case you've never been, this store is Mecca for vintage and old-school games.

View the newsletter.

A Festival of Neo Geo

This month! There is a little bit of a link between Digital Press and SNK's Neo Geo home system. In Digital Press' very first column in its very first issue back in 1991, we critiqued the system as a home console and pondered the value of such an expensive system that had such incredible power. Twenty two years later, we're hosting the first ever NAVA dedicated to this amazing system. You'll find the original home (AES) console here, as well as the arcade (MVS) system. In addition, we'll have a Neo Geo CD system and the brand new Neo Geo X, as well as a few Neo Geo Pockets (with link cable), all available to play. THAT is love, folks.

Arcade challenge! Who can blast the most bad guys in Pulstar? This 1995 Aicom side-scrolling shooter is so similar in design and gameplay to Irem's R-Type that there is a conspiracy theory that Irem employees left the company to join Aicom, then developed Pulstar. Conspiracy or not, be the best at the game on this one day by logging the highest score on our arcade cabinet by 9pm and win a nifty $20 gift certificate and possibly get your name added to the "House Champion" tournament plaque on the Wall of Fame just above the arcade section of the store. Arcade challenge games are set to FREE PLAY all day, but please remember to let everyone get a shot. If you get the high score, move on, and no hogging the cabinet!

Tournament! SNK's 1994 hit Samurai Shodown II was even better received than the original and is commonly regarded as one of SNK's finest games. It made GameSpot's list of "Greatest Games of All Time" and EGM's "Top Ten Cult Classics". Over at gamerankings.com, it holds an impressive 92.5% score. Will you be the main hero, swordfighter Haohmaru? Maybe the American sailor Galford is more your style? Or maybe, just maybe you're SO good that you can win with diminutive scrapper Cham Cham. We're going to find out who the real local hero is on this day. Sign-ups begin at 3pm, the tournament starts around 6pm and it's first-come, first-served in this FREE-to-join tournament.

Remember to get your trade boxes in order and wear your NAVA or Digital Press t-shirt for the maximum discount on store purchases... it's NAVA time!

RSVP (optional): http://www.facebook.com/digitpress#!/digitpress?sk=events
When: Saturday, February 23rd, 3pm to midnight.
Where: Digital Press Videogames: http://tinyurl.com/7nobzcr
What happens: Gaming, trading, tournaments, big prizes! Extra game stations are set up around the store. Attendance is FREE. Half price for kids!
What can I bring?: It's nice to share. Snacks, soda and beer are always appreciated. Cakes have been very popular as well.

Last edited:

Moon Jump

Alfred Garcia's Butler
My friend Craig and I will be attending, he hasn't been to a NAVA in years. Joe showed off on the DP Facebook Page they had to NGPC's with the link cable running SVC so I'm going to bring mine with SVC, Last Blade, Sam-Sho 2 and Magical Drop Pocket.

OMFG

The Portuguese Chop
15 Year Member
Yeah, I'm going to sit this one out on the account of short notice.