A Crossed Swords 2 run....

wyndcrosser

Baseball Star Hitter
10 Year Member
Rating - 100%
25   0   0
Without being too douchy, why are these more expensive than ghostlop? The chips are basically the same, except I'm guessing you're doing four 160's, due to SAMSHO2 only being able to use 2MB chips (If I recall correctly).

bustedstr8

Trollbox Trade Federation,
Rating - 100%
118   0   0
Without being too douchy, why are these more expensive than ghostlop? The chips are basically the same, except I'm guessing you're doing four 160's, due to SAMSHO2 only being able to use 2MB chips (If I recall correctly).

Since you are only being mildly douchy, I guess I will answer.

The first run of protos I did was with carts James gave me in trade for some cart repairs. They also included a lot of Cha256 and Cha512 boards allowing me to use less chips.

This batch is using very nice carts that cost me more per piece, there is more desolder/solder work and uses more chips since I am restricted to Cha42G.

Tanooki

War Room Troll
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Seems reasonable. I'm not a wiz at soldering but I have done basic chip replacement on Genesis stuff like Grind Stormer I intentionally bought broken knowing it was the crap Tengen board so I did a PCB switch. It takes time doing just one chip, but to do that many it's a lot more, then factoring the price per unit of the sacrificial boards, supplies, time, it makes that price seem quite reasonable. It's why I was 2nd saying if the list doesn't fill I'd take one as I like Crossed Swords on my 161in1 cart and the sequel appears superior. I refuse to buy one off ebay from some unrepentant crook asking $200+ for them no less.

bustedstr8

Rating - 100%
118   0   0
All spots are full and I will no longer be taking orders. Thanks to everyone that participated.
Raffle will be up soon and will be included with the CS2.

People will be contacted for payment as carts are completed.

Rot

Calvin & Hobbes, ,
Rating - 100%
135   0   0
Raz and Jeff knew this would happen...

I'm not saying that I approve (so no bullshit posts about how we let the forum be run by the romsters...) but all in all... we can't stop it... At least the lads can control a member like busted...

xROTx

sparksterz

Camel Slug
Rating - 100%
20   0   0
Raz and Jeff knew this would happen...

I'm not saying that I approve (so no bullshit posts about how we let the forum be run by the romsters...) but all in all... we can't stop it... At least the lads can control a member like busted...

xROTx

I messaged Raz directly and he said he doesn't see a problem as long I described very accurately what people would be receiving.

Wat

bartre

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
10 Year Member
Rating - 100%
49   0   0
I messaged Raz directly and he said he doesn't see a problem as long I described very accurately what people would be receiving.

yeah, sorry Rot.
he got the okay, so there's literally nothing shady going on here.
still <3 you tho.

xRealNinjuzx

Astra Superstar
Rating - 100%
15   0   0
I must have totally had my head in my ass the last couple of days. I completely missed this thread -_-

Tanooki

War Room Troll
Rating - 100%
1   0   0
Good job clearing your limit, I had little doubt I had no chance to get the thing. Sucks being punished being new but it is what it is. Hopefully more end up made in time, I really don't want to pay some crooked jerk on ebay for one.

Montatez

Aero Fighters Flyboy
Rating - 100%
9   0   0
Good job clearing your limit, I had little doubt I had no chance to get the thing. Sucks being punished being new but it is what it is. Hopefully more end up made in time, I really don't want to pay some crooked jerk on ebay for one.

Agreed...

bustedstr8

Rating - 100%
118   0   0
A little update :)

Raffle:
ggallegos1 has first pick
xelement has second

Choices are: KOF98, Samsho4, AOF, Fatal Fury 2, Fatal Fury, World Heroes or Sidekicks 3

I need to do one in a black case, someone that wants it call dibs please.

And if any more are done they will be like the fourth load of the night...they won't come easy and will dribble out.

ggallegos1

Cholecystectomy Required.,
10 Year Member
Rating - 100%
141   0   0
Oh man thanks brother! KOF98 for sure, been looking to pick it up for a while.