A couple of KOFR-1 queries...

Graymalkin

New Challenger
Hey hey!

Recently picked up this game from eBay, and I have a couple of questions:

1) When selecting a character, there is a blank space between Shingo and Leona (the Edit Member section) that I can't seem to get filled. What, if any, character should be there, and how are they unlocked?

2) It's the UK/ Asian/ Whatever release (the NEOP0001 hardcase with English inlay sleeve, warning slip and manual and SNK Japan address on the sleeve). However, the cartridge itself is the Japanese one (NEOP00010). Obviously, the game plays in English, and at £6.81 I'm not too bothered (the box and book are the English ones, as I said). I just wondered if all the English (so-called 'Asian'?) versions were like this.

What a cool game, however... Slightly odd to see KOF in GameBoy-esque sepia on the NGPC... odd but strangely cool...

Thanks.

PlayerOne

Marked Wolf
My cart is NEOP0001, so it looks like yours is an english box with a japanese cart. The contents of the cart are the same, and I suspect the box and manual are harder to find than the cart, so I wouldn't be too bothered about it. But I'm not willing to swap. :)

Graymalkin

New Challenger
Cheers for the clarification. Maybe one day I'll see a loose cart somewhere. But, anyways, it was cheap, and it looks fine when it's in the box and on my shelf with the others, so no harm done.

Mayhem

Zero's Secretary
My English copy has an English label as well. But it's been applied OVER the original Japanese one (you can see it partially underneath).

The cart itself, as you saw, is dual language anyhow (depending on what you have the BIOS set to).