A Count On U.S. Metal Slugs

Geddon_jt

Creator of the Master List,
20 Year Member
I thought from what I read that the 204 for ROTD was that there were 204 remaining, indicating 96 sold at that time. Every game had at least 70 preorders. Maybe Shawn could clarify, if he ever chooses to clarify on this matter.

And KOF 2003 sold out sometime in early-mid 2006, at least the English AES release. The stock was listed throughout 2004 and 2005 on archived versions of Neostore pages.

You could very well be right about that... maybe it just seemed like it sold out quicker to me since I procrastinated buying it, thinking it would sit there for years like KOF 2001 and 2002.

Waverider2049

Kula's Candy
So why is there all this secrecy about what was sold and how many. I could only see that protecting the community,

zoogelio

n00b
So why is there all this secrecy about what was sold and how many. I could only see that protecting the community,

Shawn once said it was because Playmore/SNK Playmore seemed to be embarrassed by the low production runs. Even the Eolith KOFs sold 6000 copies their 1st week in Japan on the AES whereas no late Neo Geo AES English release even came near that.

Waverider2049

Kula's Candy
I just don't understand how a company that is selling their product to a niche market and charges as much as a current gen/next gen game system can be embarrassed of a low sales count. If anything they should be proud. The game development budget is probably 1/4 that of a current gen game and they charge 5-6 times the amount. If you ask me they did pretty damn good for a at that time 12-16 year old system.

arcwyvern

King's Dry Cleaner
I just don't understand how a company that is selling their product to a niche market and charges as much as a current gen/next gen game system can be embarrassed of a low sales count. If anything they should be proud. The game development budget is probably 1/4 that of a current gen game and they charge 5-6 times the amount. If you ask me they did pretty damn good for a at that time 12-16 year old system.

Totally agree but it's SNKP we are talking about here. Not the sharpest most observant company around.