94 do i just suck?

dcsas

Integrated,
I have kof 94 and i am having a blast with it, but still i play it on easy and I just have a horrible time getting anywhere in the game, any tips or strats in the world of kof? this is my first forary into the world and I had an easier time mastering vf2.

Body rip

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
I recommend you start with the AOF team in '94. They're easily the most powerful from character to character in that version, as most of the others back then were severely under developed...

Back then, they all had the Heinshippu Zanretsu/Genei combos that in later years, Takuma only used...

Simply throw slow projectiles every now and then and immediately begin charging for the heinshippu kick, (hold DB) then wait for the CPU to AB dodge them. Before it emerges from its evade tactic, execute the thrust kick. If the heinshippu connects, follow it up with a Zanretsu/Genei attack. It's an excellent setup in the game that works on everyone...Rugal included.

In '94, the Zanretsu and Genei attacks (F,DF,D,DB,B+ punch or kick) had instant execution...this was modified in '95 with a slower command time response, because players were abusing combos with them in '94. Jump in D, stand C Zanretsu/Genei.

EDIT: Team Fatal Fury isn't too far from them, as the slow projectile combined with charge tactics can be adopted. Not, trying to get you involved with patterns, but simply alternatives to fighting at a distance.

<small>[ January 28, 2003, 09:54 AM: Message edited by: Body rip ]</small>

NeoDragoN

custom rank,
20 Year Member
Play 94 Old Skool! by that i mean all fireballs and dragon punch's.....seems to work good for me....

chris1

POCKETBIKE NUT,
dcsas:
I have kof 94 and i am having a blast with it, but still i play it on easy and I just have a horrible time getting anywhere in the game, any tips or strats in the world of kof? this is my first forary into the world and I had an easier time mastering vf2.
I just got the game and it's my first also.
I've been playing it everyday on the cab and I was up last night late playing it.
"I am having a blast with it also"
I have the settings on easy too and I still suck at the game.
Last night I did get further in the game though.
I was just messing around trying to read what the computer was going to do next.
I'm going to use the team Body rip recommends and see how I do today.
KOF 95 is next.

<small>[ January 28, 2003, 11:24 AM: Message edited by: chris1 ]</small>

Devil_Gans

Bu, ,
Benimaru is pretty good in 94.Keep doing his crouch B(X3)+B/D and you could own the game like i did.Hehe. :D
Does a lot of damage.

cgun

Fio's Quartermaster
KOF 94 rocks, one of my favs in the series. And really not that hard compared to KOF 95 for example.

I prefer playing with Fatal Fury, Brazil or AOF team.

Some nice combos with terry

Jump in A (HOLD DOWN) > d+B > u+C (rising tackle)

Jump in C > C (2 hits > d,db,b,ub+B

Tactics that works well includes throwing slow projectiles as said before.

With terry for example throw a slow projectile and then do the heavy burn knuckle directly after. Will fool the AI most of the time.
Andy´s flying kick attack works well almost in every situation, use it to jump over projectiles and hit you opponent.

cgun

Fio's Quartermaster
Riotoftheblood > i Agree, i called them brazil team (i usually do when i talk about KOF 94) in my previous post.

Heider is a monster and clark/ralf can kick som serious ass if you use their throw right. Clarks rapid punch attack can rack up some nice hits as well.

Priest

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
The game is so cheap its unbelievable, how often can you block!?

cgun

Fio's Quartermaster
You can block just as much as you want. Or dodge, i prefer to dogde projectiles (sometimes) or rushing attacks, like rugals jump forward and slam them into the wall or terrys burn knuckle.

I can´t se your point priest?

Body rip

Haomaru's Blade Shiner
I don't find the game to be cheap at all. Blocking is pulled off with ease against all attacks. So is dodging...

The Ikari team in '94 wasn't that great. It was near impossible to chain their dms with combos back then, and Ralf and Clark are virtually identical in that one (Ralf's a bit quicker and has a flame element). It's basically a team with only two characters IMO, since the grunts are one in the same.

Heidern was top tier back then (still is). The Storm Bringer had the high connect rate in the first two that began to drop somewhat in '98, but in '94, his cross cutter projectile was super slow...making it pretty much useless. Since he's a charge character in this one, that's a bad thing 'cause you've got to invest time in a worthless move if you decide to execute. However, it can be used to ploy the CPU with the slow projectile/charge move combinations that were given previous mention.

AOF team is the one to beat in that one...