8Bitdo Neo geo wireless controller SNK licensed

Gaoh

New Challenger
This is up for pre-order today with a mid August release date for anyone interested

8Bitdo NEOGEO Wireless Controller for Windows, Android, and NEOGEO mini with Classic Click-Style Joystick - Officially Licensed by SNK (Black Edition) https://a.co/d/5Rg6oFy

Last edited:

Raph4

Retrogoobing Newscaster
10 Year Member
and ABCD buttons on right order

HellioN

, What The Fuck Is This Shit?
20 Year Member
Damnit... I'm probably going to end up pre-order this.

Burning Fight!!

NIS America fan & Rent Free tenant
10 Year Member
If the stick doesn't wear out like the originals, I'm sold.
Indeed... and thank fucking god they didn't invert the order of the face buttons like with the Neo Geo Mini ones. Another huge plus.

It all comes down to the quality of the clicky buttons now... it's probably not the greatest for fighting games but it's great for everything else on the system imo.

Burning Fight!!

NIS America fan & Rent Free tenant
10 Year Member
OK I hope they dump replacement switches into the market too, those look the exact same as the actual ones on the original pad. This means it will probably have reliability issues too at some point, though...

BlackaneseNiNjA

The Fatal Fury Disciple
15 Year Member
Original button layout? Check.

Proper switches for stick? Check.

Sooo…I can eventually use this to play the Neo Geo Pocket Color games on the nintendo switch with proper controls now?? :D

deviljin102

Crazed MVS Addict
10 Year Member
Just the L and R buttons look odd on that. Other than that, I will probably pass this. Tempting though!

Gaoh

New Challenger
Maybe this will lead into a wireless neo geo arcade stick!

madmanjock

Bare AES Handler
20 Year Member
This is up for pre-order today with a mid August release date for anyone interested

8Bitdo NEOGEO Wireless Controller for Windows, Android, and NEOGEO mini with Classic Click-Style Joystick - Officially Licensed by SNK (Black Edition) https://a.co/d/5Rg6oFy
Shame it’s the shit CD pads

BlackaneseNiNjA

The Fatal Fury Disciple
15 Year Member
Just the L and R buttons look odd on that. Other than that, I will probably pass this. Tempting though!
I hear ya, though the previous neogeo cd pad rereleases on ps2 and ps3 did the same and they weren’t too bad or in the way during play. I still use my old ps2 neogeo cd pad that came with kof94 re-bout to play some of the older ps2 exclusive snk releases.

Neo Geo CD Pad 2
IMG_0463.jpeg

Neo Geo Pad USB (for ps3)
IMG_0462.jpeg

Though there was already a microswitched usb neogeo cd pad rerelease (the aforementioned version designed for use on the ps3), it’s the wireless/bluetooth support that has me enthusiastic for this newer release.

HellioN

, What The Fuck Is This Shit?
20 Year Member
I hear ya, though the previous neogeo cd pad rereleases on ps2 and ps3 did the same and they weren’t too bad or in the way during play. I still use my old ps2 neogeo cd pad that came with kof94 re-bout to play some of the older ps2 exclusive snk releases.

Neo Geo CD Pad 2
View attachment 66735

Neo Geo Pad USB (for ps3)
View attachment 66736

Though there was already a microswitched usb neogeo cd pad rerelease (the aforementioned version designed for use on the ps3), it’s the wireless/bluetooth support that has me enthusiastic for this newer release.
Oh neat.
I remember the PS2 pad but never knew about the PS3 version.
Those PS2 ones got expensive on ebay.