782MB on a 700MB cd

kc

Belnar Institute Student
I have a Pantera show that I would like to put on a CD, but the problem is that the show is 782mb. Im thinking about slicing the show into 2 parts, are there any fast and easy programs that do that.

Curt

apostate
Hmmm, is this a data burn or a Audio Burn? Becaue for data I would just reccomend compressing it at a lower bitrate or different codec... but it sounds like audio tracks.
80 Min (700 MB) is generally the most for CD-rs. Although I am certain there are exceptions and ways to get around it. For instance I believe the record for a CD audio was done in the early 90's, or late 80's for an Opera or Symphony Performance that was about 87 minutes long.

Baseley09

Hair Group,
Unless its not already, couldnt you just compess it, ZIP or more modern compression if its only for transfer?

You didnt state if it was for vcd viewing etc.

kc

Belnar Institute Student
Baseley09 said:
Unless its not already, couldnt you just compess it, ZIP or more modern compression if its only for transfer?

You didnt state if it was for vcd viewing etc.

Mpeg files can be watched on my friend apex, so we want to burn it on a cd and watch it on there tv

Baseley09

Hair Group,
OK for that kind of viewing i believe you'll need to lower the bit rate with software i know fuck all about, but its out there.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
can't you overburn it? wasn't that an option a few years ago with some software? I don't whart the fuck I'm talking about.

kc

Belnar Institute Student
wasabi said:
can't you overburn it? wasn't that an option a few years ago with some software? I don't whart the fuck I'm talking about.

Pussy fart dont change my avitar

Isnt there any movie edit that frree and fast that lets me edit my video into half.

norton9478

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
20 Year Member
Don't re-encode,

Cut it and wait unil you can burn in to DVD///

What date is it?

I don't have any panter boots (video).

Eric

Fight On!,
wasabi said:

WARNING MAY DAMAGE YOUR DRIVE!!

Maybe..who knows?

Overburning on a CD will get you over 700 mb, but just barely. No way in hell you'll get the 782 required. If you're desperate you could use a program to cut the quality just a bit. It's something that almost fits on a cd, the quality isn't grand to begin with, so go wild.I've done that to squeeze another file onto a DVD-R, and you don't notice the quality drop really from a 180 mb file to 160 mb. I'm not expecting pro quality, and you shouldn't be either.