6-Slot weirdness

Superspecs

n00b
Hi all,

I have a NeoGeo Sports point cab with a 6 slot board in it and I am finding some odd things happening.

All my games work in any slot when they are placed in one at a time. However, when all 6 slots are in use, some games only seem to work in certain slots and with the games in a certain order.

For example, if I place Real Bout Special in slot (2) directly after Samurai Shodown III in slot (1), Real bout Special will not work and the game select button will skip from slot (1) to slot (3) as if there is no cart in slot (2)

However if just place KOF '94 in slot (2) and move Real Bout Special to slot (3) all three games work fine and are selectable as normal.

As far as I can tell its happening with only select games (Aero Fighters, Metal Slug 3, Real Bout Special) if placed directly after Samurai Shodown III.

Weird no? Anyone else had something similar?

ChuChu Flamingo

We have purposely, trained him wrong, ...as a joke
10 Year Member
This problem seems to be common. Keep in mind 6 slots use up a lot of power, and some neo geo games use more power than others.

Personally, I think the neo geo 6 slot is self aware.

Tyranix95

Chang's Grocer
The 4s & 6s suffer from "Game Order Syndrome."

You just got to get it right.

Superspecs

n00b
This problem seems to be common. Keep in mind 6 slots use up a lot of power, and some neo geo games use more power than others.

Personally, I think the neo geo 6 slot is self aware.

That would make sense actually because when I tried out my friends "160 in 1 cart" nothing else worked apart from that so it must have been sucking up all the juice. Dirty boy!

RabbitTroop

Mayor of Southtown, ,
20 Year Member
Is this a known problem?

I've been keeping a list of games that aren't compatible with each other. It's more common than you'd expect. I noticed it nearly two decades ago with a two slot, so it's definitely a common issue, but once I moved up to four slots you'd see incompatibilities frequently between games of different eras.

This is completely normal.

RabbitTroop

Mayor of Southtown, ,
20 Year Member
The 4s & 6s suffer from "Game Order Syndrome."

You just got to get it right.

It sometimes even more than that ;) Ghost Pilots will flat up refuse to boot with certain games, regardless of the slot its in. Of course Giga games always want to load last in a Mega/Giga setup, so I put Giga in the later slots anyway... Once they load, though, they become the first games in the lineup after the Giga-spec logo shows. I've got notes on all of this somewhere. Maybe we can start a thread and keep a log of what doesn't play nice with others.

Superspecs

n00b
It sometimes even more than that ;) Ghost Pilots will flat up refuse to boot with certain games, regardless of the slot its in. Of course Giga games always want to load last in a Mega/Giga setup, so I put Giga in the later slots anyway... Once they load, though, they become the first games in the lineup after the Giga-spec logo shows. I've got notes on all of this somewhere. Maybe we can start a thread and keep a log of what doesn't play nice with others.

Its really interesting actually. I especially like the idea of my cab being self aware. "Uh, if you're gonna shove that thing in me you're gonna have to stick it in the back"

Alpha Skyhawk

Windjammers Wonder
Its really interesting actually. I especially like the idea of my cab being self aware. "Uh, if you're gonna shove that thing in me you're gonna have to stick it in the back"

That's what your mom said to me last night.

(Sorry, couldn't resist.)

Namnuta

Quiz Detective
This was the thread i was looking for. I have similar issues with my new 4 slot Big red i just picked up. Every slot works great. But i having real issues getting all slots working together. Very interesting, i thought i was going crazy last night. :)

Superspecs

n00b
This was the thread i was looking for. I have similar issues with my new 4 slot Big red i just picked up. Every slot works great. But i having real issues getting all slots working together. Very interesting, i thought i was going crazy last night. :)

Yeah, it was driving me nuts the other day. I guess its just one of those quirks we will have to live with :)