4 Slot MVS Low Sound?

Hawk

Crossed Swords Squire
Hey guys I have searched. I just got a 4 Slot MVS that has barely any sound the slider is maxed out and I can just barely hear it at all. The sound test I can hear the center channel but nothing else because I think the left right test is quieter.

I have read to test my 12V supply? I have a multi how would I do this? Otherwise I guess Ill be sending my board off to have it recapped.

dragonpt

Over Top Auto Mechanic
10 Year Member
Hey guys I have searched. I just got a 4 Slot MVS that has barely any sound the slider is maxed out and I can just barely hear it at all. The sound test I can hear the center channel but nothing else because I think the left right test is quieter.

I have read to test my 12V supply? I have a multi how would I do this? Otherwise I guess Ill be sending my board off to have it recapped.

recap the sound circuit, if the sound is low ... 90% chances is some bad capacitors

Hawk

Crossed Swords Squire
Dandy... I just noticed the left speaker works and the right not at all. I have a multi meter is there anything I can test before I send my board off? Whats strange is the longer I play it it slowly gets louder lol. It never gets like loud but it goes from a whisper to at least you can hear the games.

I also tried my headphones directly into the black ports the 4 slot board and heard nothing.

Should I wash my boards at all? I just took an air compressor to them. They arent to dirty?

Also heard about a 5v that should be checked?

Just got the cab so I would like to double check everything. :)

Last edited:

dragonpt

Over Top Auto Mechanic
10 Year Member
Dandy... I just noticed the left speaker works and the right not at all. I have a multi meter is there anything I can test before I send my board off? Whats strange is the longer I play it it slowly gets louder lol. It never gets like loud but it goes from a whisper to at least you can hear the games.

I also tried my headphones directly into the black ports the 4 slot board and heard nothing.

Should I wash my boards at all? I just took an air compressor to them. They arent to dirty?

Also heard about a 5v that should be checked?

Just got the cab so I would like to double check everything. :)

This is the confirmation, the caps are bad.
No need to check the speakers... low sound and slowly gets louder is 100 % an caps problem

Hawk

Crossed Swords Squire
Ok then I guess I will send it off to have it worked on. I played it for about 5hours this morning and it had low sound that slowly got louder. I turned if off and when I turned it back on this is what my screen looked like?

Now what? :very_ang:

Xian Xi

JammaNationX,
15 Year Member
That looks like possibly a voltage issue.

mjs256

Kula's Candy
10 Year Member

Those black ports look like headphone jacks but they are not. They are connected to the sound circuit, but headphones have much too low impedance to hear anything much. If you plug in headphones there you might be able to hear the sound *very* faintly if you have good hearing. The headphone interface is the four pins between those black ports and the headphone volume slider.

Hawk

Crossed Swords Squire
I actually made another thread about testing my voltage? Havent gotten any answers? Would it be the 12V or the 5V? I turned it on and have played it today with no screen issues at all.

Thanks for the info on those ports both speaks appear to work but only sound coming from one set of wires. I am looking into getting the board recapped.

Last edited:

Hawk

Crossed Swords Squire
Local guy recapped my board and all is well! Time to start collecting some games!