4 Slot Cab "humming"

BobbyPeru

Man of Letters
Hey there,

I have a 4-slot rev3 cab with JBL speakers that produce an annoying high pitched whine or hum.

Could it be a ground that needs adjustment, or some other wiring issue? Anyone else have this issue and successfully fix it?

Thanks for the help.

chris1

POCKETBIKE NUT,
4-slot rev3

The only time I've ever noticed a high pitched whine is when the MV-ELD LCD Panels lights are going bad or bad.
The MV-ELA LCD Circuit Board(driver) is located up near the speakers and it's what whines..It's fooled me to sound like it was the speakers.
Only disconnecting The MV-ELA LCD Circuit Board(driver)from the motherboard itself will stop the whine for good..
Sometimes unplugging it from the panels stops it but it can come back.

http://www.hardmvs.com/html/marquee.htm

BobbyPeru

Man of Letters
Wow! I would have never even thought to check that.

The marguee wasn't working anyway, so I disconneceted it from the power supply, and no more whine!

I, my wife, our son, and our cat are eternally grateful to you, kind sir.

chris1

POCKETBIKE NUT,
Wow! I would have never even thought to check that.

The marguee wasn't working anyway, so I disconneceted it from the power supply, and no more whine!

I, my wife, our son, and our cat are eternally grateful to you, kind sir.

AWESOME:buttrock:..Glad to hear.:buttrock:

That made my Day..

BobbyPeru

Man of Letters
Believe you me, my day has been made, also.

When I got the cab it was in such great condition, I thought there would be almost nothing for me to do, which is cool, but also kinda sad (you know what I mean).

Now, I get to source out some parts and fix the marguee! Working marquee, here we come.

Thanks again.

chris1

POCKETBIKE NUT,
Believe you me, my day has been made, also.

When I got the cab it was in such great condition, I thought there would be almost nothing for me to do, which is cool, but also kinda sad (you know what I mean).

Now, I get to source out some parts and fix the marguee! Working marquee, here we come.

Thanks again.

Yea I like messing with the Cab...it's never like perfect for me..I just put a new mem card reader sticker on and want to do a cap kit..I'm getting interference from somewhere..I can't tell what's really the problem.it comes and goes.
I keep messing with the brightness..Turf masters will look great then KOF 02 look too dark..I set it..then a few days later I'm messing with it again..
..A cap kit is like a major job for me to do.I never did it...
frstrated in having to do it I start thinking of getting a new monitor.

I want to put a new power supply in soon..

I keep thinking about putting new bulbs in..the ones I have work but two are starting to get darker then the other two..
http://www.neo-geo.com/forums/showthread.php?t=198187

I like having projects...Just don't know what to mess with next.

Dion

Known Scammer, NeoGeoFreak Co-Founder
Do yourself a favor and replace those marquee panels. You can use my tutorial listed in the above post if you need help. It will make your cabinet look real nice!

NEO-GEO man

Fake account, shill troll for Christophe Ratel. Us
My 4 slotter did this years ago too, i found out what it was accidently when i got hooked up on the cable running up the side rear of the cabinet.

I only have 2 or 3 marques for the whole 46 carts i have anyway, so i never bothered about tracking down the issue.