4 Player NES Games

Wing Nut

Mr. Big's Thug
Can someone help me out and list all of the 4 player NES games they can remember? And which are the best?

The ones I recall are:

Play Action Football
Magic Johnson's Fast Break
Greg Norman's Golf
Super Off Road
A Nightmare On Elm Street
Gauntlet 2
Swords And Serpents
Beach Volleyball (can't remember the name)

Thanks!

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
There's also a couple of Nekketsu games that are 4 player ones... They're really good.

k'_127

NeoGumby's Sycophant,
20 Year Member
YOU MUST GET THE NEKKETSU GAMES :envy: (there are more than 2 actually ..... and all of'em are some of the best on the Famicom)

k'_127

NeoGumby's Sycophant,
20 Year Member
here are the games titles:

-Nekketsu Street Basket: Ganbare Dunk Heroes (2 vs. 2 Basket Ball)

-Nekketsu Kakutou Densetsu (4-players fighting/beat'em up)

-Downtown Nekketsu Koushinkyoku: Soreyuke Daiundoukai
(4-players/teams Olympics. this is a must have):

Koushin_Crosscountry.gif

marathon race

Koushin_Obstacle.gif

another marathon race in traps-filled rooms

Koushin_Tawari.gif

team up with another player and try to crush the ball above

Koushin_Fight.gif

knock down the other 3 players

(pics from http://www.vgmuseum.com/images/04/downtown.html)

- Nekketsu Shinkiroku - Harukanaru Kin Medal (aka: Crash 'n The Boys Street Challenge in US)
(simmilar to the title above, but with simpler games/events .... this, along with River City Ransom are the only 2 Nekketsu games released in US)

---

I highly recommend the third game, but if you're not into imports, you can try the fourth one first (Crash'n The Boys) and then if you like it, you can try the other Nekketsu games later, as each of them offers a unique style and fun gameplay elements. if you're interested, I can tell you more detailed info about the series :) ....

EDIT: are the pics working :( I get red Xs .I have to right click and use "show picture" on them. if they're not working at all, try the link below them first.

Last edited:

Wing Nut

Mr. Big's Thug
Those sound great. Let me know if you know of any for sale. I see a Crash N The Boys on Ebay right now.

rebellion1

Mr. Big's Thug
nothing is better than guantlet 2 with four people and you being a warrior and blocking pathways from people and eating all the food and screaming I AMMMMMMMMMM THE WRIOOORIII MUNCH MUNCH MUINNNCHHHH!

k'_127

NeoGumby's Sycophant,
20 Year Member
I bought few of them from Forever_Submile, so ask him if he still has any or if he knows where to get them.

not sure about Crash 'n Boys price though. if you could afford that game, I would say that it's safe to get it ..... it's really worthy.

Arcademan

Now...It's OFFICIAL!!!
20 Year Member
Heh...M.U.L.E. There's a game I haven't seen or heard of in a loooooooooooong time :tickled: