4 new SVC CHAOS characters

Offreenday

Not so MEGA, eh?
pff,tabasa and hugo it's cool,but the other capcom characters sux
I'm sick of re-re-re-re-re-re-appear of sf2 characters includ in the "vs" series.

fomaman

King's Dry Cleaner
man- some of you guys are just too fucking much-

i haven't even posted on this fucking site in ages- but seeing the updates on this fucking sweet looking shit fucking game and today seeing that fucking KIBAGAMI GENJURO is in it- i almost fucking fainted-
and so i come here- the place i figure i could share my insane-enthusiasm with the highest level of appreciation- and what do i see?
BITCHING- just like when i "left" a while back-
oh well- this game is already kicking my ass- and for those of us excited as pigs in shit- it seems to be worth the wait.
i guess i shouldn't be surprised by ANYTHING in a world where a mastepiece like the MATRIX RELOADED get's bashed like j-lo's pussy online-
i can't wait for this fucking game- x-box, ps2, neo, dc- I'm buying any and ALL versions- i'm that fucking jazzed.
k. genjuro and ken and terry and shiki all in one fucking game- holy shit... :D

Kid Aphex

samus' love slave,
fomaman:
man- some of you guys are just too fucking much-

i haven't even posted on this fucking site in ages- but seeing the updates on this fucking sweet looking shit fucking game and today seeing that fucking KIBAGAMI GENJURO is in it- i almost fucking fainted-
and so i come here- the place i figure i could share my insane-enthusiasm with the highest level of appreciation- and what do i see?
BITCHING- just like when i "left" a while back-
oh well- this game is already kicking my ass- and for those of us excited as pigs in shit- it seems to be worth the wait.
i guess i shouldn't be surprised by ANYTHING in a world where a mastepiece like the MATRIX RELOADED get's bashed like j-lo's pussy online-
i can't wait for this fucking game- x-box, ps2, neo, dc- I'm buying any and ALL versions- i'm that fucking jazzed.
k. genjuro and ken and terry and shiki all in one fucking game- holy shit... :D
:)
Nice post.
Cept matrix sucked really bad guy... frown

mlloyd

Morden's Lackey
The game looks amazing!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I want it now, give it to me NOW!!!!

Ilovejapangirls

Mature's Make-up Artist
I was mad at Playmore because i WILL buy the game AES as soon as it s released...

and i would like to have my fav character,K',in it...

i mean he is the main guy for 99-2002(i know 2002 is dm,but he is on the cover)...

On capcom side i'm just mad because they didn't add Sakura...

but i love SF2 so i can say i'm quite happy of it

Odd thing is that even King ll be left out...what a world oh_no

SiegfriedFM

Geese's Thug
I'm very happy for Kim and Genjuro, but I could have lived without seeing Sagat or Vega again. Balrog should have been the only SF2 boss in there.

Oh well, now I have my three CvS2 favourites in there, Kim, Ken and Balrog, and my SF3 favourite Hugo too. Not to mention Kasumi, who I've always wanted to learn to play because she's too damn cute. Can't complain.

Rikute

n00b
Kim will probably be the kof2k2 sprite.

I mean you don't think playmore put ALL THAT EFFORT making his new stance just for nothing did you?

annoyed

JC10001

Zero's Secretary
Ugggh. First Choi, now Kim... looks like Chang is on the way too folks.

The Capcom side could use Alex, Ibuki and Gill.

Plisken

Snaaaaaaake!,
What annoys me is people asking for characters who have been in loads of different games already.

You want King? Play AOF1,2, KOF94>2k1,Capcom vs SNK 1 + 2.

Over 10 different appearances, now on the other hand you got greats like

Hayate (2 apperances)
Kim Sue Ill (1 appearance)
Rick Strowd (1 appearance
John Crawley (2 apperances)
Eiji Kisaragi (2 apperances)
Alex (1 Appearance)
Guy (3 Appearances)

e.t.c

Games like these are propbably the last chance we will get to see these fighters return, so it's sad to see valuable roster spaces being taken up by the same old,same old.

MilkManX

I Love Frames!,
Awesome. I am glad Playmore is bringin us some new and old faces with new tricks up their sleeves!

Dash no Chris

Jaguar Ninja,
buttasuperb:
Sagat and Bison are cool with me, although I hope the next round of announced Capcom characters either completely stay away from SF, or are lesser known characters from SF, such as Rose or Gen.
I feel the same way. SNK's side seems to be getting all the variety -- with the exception of Hugo (SFIII) and Tabasa (Warzard), the entire CAPCOM lineup is pure SFII. If Playmore insists on ignoring CAPCOM's other titles and sticking to the Street Fighter series, then I'd hope they'd pull in characters who've only appeared in SFZERO, SFIII, or SFI. That last one's pretty unlikely, I know -- as much as I might like to see the NEO-GEO as the resurrection grounds for the likes of Geki, Joe, Lee, Retsu, or Mike, I doubt CAPCOM would give Playmore the go-ahead to bring back any SFI chara that CAPCOM itself hasn't had the chance to fiddle with yet. <a href="http://www.neo-geo.com/ubb/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_topic;f=10;t=004885;p=9#000209" target="_blank">Gen</a> and Rose would be great selections from the SFZERO roster, and (like a number of others here) I'd really like to see Alex and Oro make the cut.

In addition to favoring the SFII cast a little too much, the CAPCOM side also includes too many chara that've already appeared in CVS2 (10 out of 12; Hugo and Tabasa again being the only exceptions). Meanwhile, only 6 out of the 12 SNK chara were in CVS2. Most everyone here has concluded that the Earthquake, Shiki, and Genjuro sprites used in SVC will probably also be the ones used later this year in Samurai Spirits 5. I can't help but wonder if the same might not be true for SVC's 8 KOF chara -- to be seen again in KOF'03, perhaps? If this is true, maybe we'll even see Mr. Karate in the next KOF. Now, I've got no real problem with pre-emptive sprite recycling (we got a taste of this with Seth and Vanessa as Strikers in The King of Fighters Dream Match 1999 (for Dreamcast)). However, this does make me a little concerned that the remaining SNK roster may be filled with KOF chara (I'd've been happy with either Kim or Choi, but both is showing a little too much favoritism for one KOF team, while ignoring so many others (Ikari, Psycho Soldiers, etc.)). To be sure, there are plenty of great KOFers who weren't in CVS2 and are much in demand (Kisaragi Eiji, Andy Bogard, and K' for example). However, I'd also like to see a few more SNK chara that haven't been in KOF -- Yamada Jubei, Tung Fu Rue, or Duck King (Garou series), and quite frankly at least one entry each from the Gekka no Kenshi (Last Blade) and Fuu'un (Savage Reign / Kizuna) series. If my theory about SVC KOFers' sprites being recycled at the end of the year for KOF'03 is correct, this might not bode well for the casts of Gekka and Fuu'un. But isn't it about time some of the Garou-only chara put in an appearance in KOF?

Back on the topic of Sagat and Vega. When the footage of SVC's opening was released, the focus on Mr. Karate and Gouki seemed to indicate that these two might be used as mid-bosses (although I'd've preferred to see Ryo in Kyo's place in the opening -- since Kyo has no ties to Mr. Karate, and the dynamic between Ryo and Mr. Karate is markedly similar to that of Ryu and Gouki). This had me hoping that the final bosses might be Sagat (post-SFI, pre-SFII) and the 26-year-old Geese Howard (from Ryuuko no Ken 2 / Art of Fighting 2). With the inclusion of the other 3 members of Shadoloo's Shiten'nou, this now seems unlikely. I've always wanted to see SNK's take on Vega, but he's been the final boss in so many games, I was just hoping that we'd get to see Sagat in that role again. It goes without saying that Geese is a must-have, but the young Geese is a version we've only seen once (and has never been playable). Finally, as I've said before, if you're going to have Balrog (Vega's lapdog), you've got to have Billy Kane (Geese's right-hand man, and another chara who wasn't in CVS2).

buttasuperb:
Although I would have rather seen Hanzo, Genjuro is a kick ass choice. buttrock
I think we're all certain that Haohmaru will be in SamSpi5, so I'm quite pleased to see that Playmore chose to include Genjuro in SVC over Haohmaru (mostly because Haohmaru was already in CVS2). It's almost certainly a guarantee that Hanzo will be part of the SamSpi5 cast, so I'm hopeful that he'll be in SVC, too. SVC's SNK roster desperately needs both a ninja and a grappler, and a new Hanzo that included his HyperNG64 Rasetsu (Bust) version's grappling/bone-breaking techniques could fill both those roles nicely (besides, it'd be great to see little Hanzo flinging big-ass Hugo around :) ).

--Chris

<small>[ May 28, 2003, 07:08 PM: Message edited by: Dash no Chris ]</small>

beelzebubble

Knar Sdrawkcab, !t00w
15 Year Member
it's sad to see valuable roster spaces being taken up by the same old,same old.
playmore are doing what they need to do, catering to the main audience of this game which is of course arcade players, specifically japanese arcade players. anything too abstract in the char selections would turn most of these ppl off...

take a look at the character ranking list on the 15th anniversary of street fighter for example, ken, ryu, guile, balrog....

?

Shito

King of Typists,
20 Year Member
Ilovejapangirls:
I m really mad at Playmore now.

K' where's K?????

HE IS THE MAIN CHARA of the NESTS saga...but still no place for him...

as for Capcom,where's Sakura?

but that's an issue of mine,coz her is not important for SF as K is for Kof....

i really hate seeing Vega and Sagat making the cut,they are boring...they were in c v s 1 and 2,and now they put them HERE too?

*cries loud*
I'm all with you my friend.

And what about Leona, Athena, Whip, mr. Howard (father or son)?

OrochiEddie

Kobaïa Is De Hündïn
20 Year Member
I love Bison and Genjuro but the others are over placed and IMO nothing too great. Kim and Sagat are pretty cool in all, but I use neither so it doesn't matter to me.

I want to see Rose,K,Hyo, and Kain still.... Maybe I can pray for Hyo and Kain as bosses ohohohoh that'd be sweet!

Divine Crushing Fist

New Challenger
GOD yes. Genjuro is SNK's best character IMHO. The roster was looking rather ho hum after a few duds were announced, but the fact they put him in makes up for it entirely. Hell YES.

buster_broon

The Rock,
beelzebubble:
btw those pics are obviously from arcadia..how the fock they gettin it so early???
me too

the snk vs capcom website still hasnt got these 4 members mentioned

and even in that article all the screenshots of them are in other games
:confused: :confused: :confused: :confused:

SiegfriedFM

Geese's Thug
I'm just wondering why they put Real Bout 2 as Kim's "latest game" while he's obviously in Vega's picture from CvS2.

I'm afraid that Capcom's side will end with any two of Sakura, Cammy and Morrigan (these three are fan service heaven) and we'll have exactly the same lineup as CvS with Hugo replacing Zangief and Tessa replacing Honda and Blanka. Yay.

The SNK side looks a little better, but apart from Kasumi I don't really feel like playing any of the "new" characters. And we'll probably get Geese and Athena on that side anyway.

Baseley09

Hair Group,
Ive never been peeved at any omissions in the roster, Genjuro is a great bonus.

I couldnt give a shit about SF3 charas or later KOF dudes, this is shaping up to be a true classic, without any modern bullshit.

Loopz

Formerly Punjab,
I want a new boss for each side.. someone badass.
Amen Kernow. Remember how blown away we were when we first got a load of Rugal in KoF'94?
We need some smokin' bad muthafucker in that league to contend with at the end of this game.
I want something that'll flip my fucking lid open like the first time I fought Amakusa in SS1.
I've still got my fingers crossed for Ralf and at least one Darkstalker character. Jon Talbain or Morrigan would ROCK.

Bottom line with this title is that with so many potential choices, at least some of us are bound to be disappointed with the final roster. I already dig this lineup more than either of the CvS games. Remember that Capcom went purely mainstream in their choices for the SNK folk, Playmore may just be guilty of the same sin in picking folks for the Capcom side. Tabasa, Earthquake, Genjuro and Shiki make this game more than worth playing for me already.

<small>[ May 28, 2003, 04:13 PM: Message edited by: Loopz ]</small>

Daisuke Jigen

R.I.P.,, Dear Friend,
I just don't want the bosses to end up being Orochi Akuma, and Dark Hado Rugal again.

Where is Shingo?

Tony_N

Astra Superstar
Kim Kaphwan buttrock buttrock
And because of that I must really get SVC no matter what!

jeff bogard

Yamazaki's Wingman,
20 Year Member
it would have been cool to have the 4 great bosses from sf2 and the ones from ff2

billy
axel
laurence
krauser

vs

balrog
vega
bison
sagat

that would have been so fucking cool. On the other hand they are putting vega vs genjuro, I don't believe bison is that much of a "real" boss in this game, no that im putting down genjuro is just that I don't believe they would reveal the bosses by now. I guess playmore is laughing at the lack of characters from capcom because they can create a shitload of games from the quantity (not to mention quality) of fighters they have. although I want to see rock and k' or kula.

SiegfriedFM

Geese's Thug
Well, the problem is that you can play any matchup of Ryu, Ken, Chun-Li, Guile, Akuma, Kyo, Iori, Ryo, Terry, Kim and Mai in CvS at any time. I would have preferred to have more choices, and CvS isn't going anywhere so it's not like those characters are gone forever.

Ah well, let's face it. There are too many overused fan service characters that HAVE to be in this game. We should just be happy for our Earthquakes, Tabasas and Kasumis.