3DS - Sega 3D Classics Series

Yoshi

20 Year Member
I want the Thunder Force games from M2 so badly. The parallax in 3D would be amazing.

GregN

aka The Grinch
20 Year Member
A boy can only dream...

I still want something a little more in depth like a nice RPG. I personally feel Landstalker, Shining in the Darkness, and Wonder Boy in Monster World, or even Monster World IV would be excellend candidates for a 3D remake. Especially Landstalker and Shining in the Darkness, they would benefit GREATLY from the 3-D treatment.

I'd be all for that shit.

Liquid Snake

I am untouchable
20 Year Member
That would be great. I'd like to see more arcade ports and less Genesis ports.

One thing I don't understand is that Sega has so many IPs and why don't they release those arcade-classics into home console/handheld system?
They promised to bring Golden Axe Revenge of Death Adder to Sega CD and failed to do so. Instead, they gave us GA III..............:<
They promised to bring Virtua Cop 3 to Xbox but failed to do so.

I just don't know what to say...............

greedostick

Obsessed Neo-Fan
15 Year Member
One thing I don't understand is that Sega has so many IPs and why don't they release those arcade-classics into home console/handheld system?
They promised to bring Golden Axe Revenge of Death Adder to Sega CD and failed to do so. Instead, they gave us GA III..............:<
They promised to bring Virtua Cop 3 to Xbox but failed to do so.

I just don't know what to say...............

Because most people only care about shit like call of duty and zelda. Which leaves them with sonic.

It would be nice to see more releases, but how many people under 30 are going to buy them, or even know they exist?

GregN

aka The Grinch
20 Year Member
Because most people only care about shit like call of duty and zelda. Which leaves them with sonic.

It would be nice to see more releases, but how many people under 30 are going to buy them, or even know they exist?

Good point. But I would shit myself too if they offered Golden Axe or SoR3.

MattBlah

Baseball Star Hitter
I didn't realise they'd released Gunstar Heroes. I bought it on the weekend and it's still a lot of fun, I hadn't played it since the Mega Drive days.

Neorebel

Viewpoint Vigilante
Sonic 2 is out today in Europe I believe, will be out in NA on Thursday!

MattBlah

Baseball Star Hitter
Sonic 2 is out today in Europe I believe, will be out in NA on Thursday!

Wonderful, I still have a bit of credit from what I put on recently. These releases are becoming the sole reason I still turn my 3DS on.

MtothaJ

Host for Orochi
10 Year Member
Wonderful, I still have a bit of credit from what I put on recently. These releases are becoming the sole reason I still turn my 3DS on.

I think to be fair there is still more A+ games on the 3DS than any other New Gen platform although granted it is mainly first party Nintendo stuff.
Areas where they could improve IMHO are i) the loyalty program, which was pretty poor for UK / Europe and as of end of Sep 2015 has shut down completely ii) Virtual Console is underutilised at present - introduce more games from the legacy Nintendo systems and make pricing more competitive.

MattBlah

Baseball Star Hitter
I think to be fair there is still more A+ games on the 3DS than any other New Gen platform although granted it is mainly first party Nintendo stuff.
Areas where they could improve IMHO are i) the loyalty program, which was pretty poor for UK / Europe and as of end of Sep 2015 has shut down completely ii) Virtual Console is underutilised at present - introduce more games from the legacy Nintendo systems and make pricing more competitive.

Yeah, I just kind of lost interest in waiting for new games and have really stopped buying physical releases on the system. I've had my 3DS since launch (well, I've had three different models) and spent loads of hours playing it originally. There just really hasn't been a lot that's stood out to me in the last year. When I turn it on these days it's for the virtual console games I've downloaded and Sega seem to be releasing the best ones at the moment.

I certainly wouldn't get rid of my 3DS, I have so much good stuff on there, including all the Ambassador games.

Last edited:

GregN

aka The Grinch
20 Year Member

Agreed.

GhostSeed

Angel's Love Slave
10 Year Member
I didn't realise they'd released Gunstar Heroes. I bought it on the weekend and it's still a lot of fun, I hadn't played it since the Mega Drive days.

I don't know if you've watched M2's end credits on that game yet but the guys that ported it were clearly fans.

Yoshi

20 Year Member
I think to be fair there is still more A+ games on the 3DS than any other New Gen platform
There ought to be. It came out in early 2011.

To make matters worse, the two most obvious uses for the system's strengths are a new Star Fox and a new F-Zero, and we've gotten neither.

Jibbajaba

Ralfredacc's Worst Nightmare
10 Year Member
Fuck, a modern 3D F-Zero would be sick. Shit, even a 3D version of the N64's F-Zero would be awesome.

Jibbajaba

Ralfredacc's Worst Nightmare
10 Year Member
I was thinking yesterday that a compilation of all of the 3D Master System (or at least the good ones) games would be kind of cool.

Ip Man

BBLLOOOO__HHAARRDDDDDD!!!!,
15 Year Member
A outrun 2019 3D would be sweet.If they didn't have the licensing issues, the game that would benefit from a 3D release the most from the genesis/megadrive is MUSHA imo.A burning force or fantasy zone 3D would also be nice.

beigemore

Camel Slug
10 Year Member
I was thinking yesterday that a compilation of all of the 3D Master System (or at least the good ones) games would be kind of cool.

This list showed up last month and it has the 3D SMS games listed. They marked off Space Harrier 3D and Outrun 3D as being released, but I'm pretty sure those are actually 3D SMS games since the newer releases are called 3D Space Harrier and 3D Outrun, as opposed to the SMS versions called Space Harrier 3-D and Outrun 3-D.

Viewpoint

Art of Typing Wiz, , ,
20 Year Member
I would love to having Shining in the Darkness, Shining Force, MUSHA and Shining Force II in full 3D.