3D printing Arcade and Neo items - Collecting Ideas!

elgwido

New Challenger
That's amazing, I didn't expect you to print it allready , I was having major concerns with over hangs never printed anything myself so just working on theory. To me it don't look like you didn't needed any support.

Is the size correct? 5 inch in height? Awsome mate you made my morning.

I will send u my Mars people model later he has a gun too , that model should be a good test for your printer

The printer program I used thought the model was really small. It has something to do with a mm to inches issue. It needed to be scaled by a factor of 25.4 (not the first time I've run into this issue). I didn't remember the scale factor at the time so I just scaled it manually until it looked like a decent size on the print bed (it's between 4 and 5 inches tall I think).

I did use support material in the print. Support material is fragile and breaks away from the main object. You basically just clean it up a little after removing the item from the print bed.

Anyways, awesome model. I'll let you know how the higher quality one turns out. Will give that a go tonight.

Vas

Marked Wolf
The printer program I used thought the model was really small. It has something to do with a mm to inches issue. It needed to be scaled by a factor of 25.4 (not the first time I've run into this issue). I didn't remember the scale factor at the time so I just scaled it manually until it looked like a decent size on the print bed (it's between 4 and 5 inches tall I think).

I did use support material in the print. Support material is fragile and breaks away from the main object. You basically just clean it up a little after removing the item from the print bed.

Anyways, awesome model. I'll let you know how the higher quality one turns out. Will give that a go tonight.

Ah cool for a first try I think we did pretty good , I can make game charecters etc but having a physical object is just the nuts the program you use to print is it free? the scale issue is weird I set it to 5inches but I know I didn't set it to 5.00 so maybe it made it 5 mm soz bro ;) .

On the final one could you take a picture of the model with support attached as well please be good to see a before and after

Last edited:

Shakepants

Crossed Swords Squire
Would be really cool to print something in say bronze filament. Will have to find the time..

Vas

Marked Wolf
Yeah that be cool, but i rather use paint myself. Or if you can afford to make a mould and cast it in bronze :D a lot of cheap tutorial on youtube for smelting.

Well that logo.... i think i have got the information into the polys now it shows up coloured in the viewer. Here is a render it took ages because i couldn't just paint it as i would a normal model needed really sharp lines. All said and done here it is.

pm'd u the link

Also would anyone be interested in this model

Last edited:

Vas

Marked Wolf
There is bronze-PLA you know, and copper as well. It has a very metallic feel.

I had no idea :D i do not own a printer or know anyone who do :( . If i did get one i probably never use a print as a final piece i probably use the prints after prep to make mold's as its cheaper and faster to mold than print.

But i want to learn to mold anyways :lolz:

Vas

Marked Wolf
Had another idea some funky ball tops

The Shaft is threaded just hard to see.

elgwido

New Challenger
Ah cool for a first try I think we did pretty good , I can make game charecters etc but having a physical object is just the nuts the program you use to print is it free? the scale issue is weird I set it to 5inches but I know I didn't set it to 5.00 so maybe it made it 5 mm soz bro ;) .

On the final one could you take a picture of the model with support attached as well please be good to see a before and after

Sorry for the late reply (I ran a booth at the World Maker Faire and that pretty much ate up my time). I did another Tarma print and it's still sitting on the print bed (with support material). I'll post pictures tonight of the print. I'd also love to print the ball top and Martian if you want to send them over.

Vas

Marked Wolf
Yeah no problem, i'll stl them later on not neo related but i did this one too today I highly doubt anyone in the usa know about danger mouse it was a 80's cartoon. Whats a maker faire? If its not much to ask could you take some high resolution pics please :glee:

madman

Blame madman, You Know You Want To.,
Yeah no problem, i'll stl them later on not neo related but i did this one too today I highly doubt anyone in the usa know about danger mouse it was a 80's cartoon.
Danger Mouse was on here in the States too.

Vas

Marked Wolf
I can make whatever you want you will have to print it yourself mind shape ways etc. I am doing a Aes soon awaiting a friend to give me dimensions so I can accurately scale it from small to full size.

If you ask I will probably attempt anything.

Cool didn't know Dm was in USA too :)

elgwido

New Challenger
Finally getting around to taking some pictures. Here's what Tarma model looks like with support still in place. Also, i printed the Neo logo as well.

Attachments

• 20151011160835.jpg
    20151011160835.jpg
    834.5 KB · Views: 184

supergoose

Die Gans,
20 Year Member
A resin printer would probably be better for printing figures or statues. Only problem is that they are expensive as fuck.

Vas

Marked Wolf
That's really cool thanks for printing of my models and sharing the pictures I really do appreciate it.

I started working on a arcade cab mini pack for dioramas just for fun as soon as I finish I will send you a copy.

Thanks again

Yagyu Jubei

Dodgeball Yakuza
Very nice Pi casing! Have you done any other capsule-type toys? An SV001 would be awesome.

51q1t7f9ljL._AC_UL320_SR294,320_.jpg

Vas

Marked Wolf
That's cool, you could build some funny speaker pods on the sides to even it up visually but cool none the less.

Vas

Marked Wolf
Is this thread dead? i am still willing to make model's for people it's all practice for me as i am making my own game and the modeling application is always open. do not have to be neo related.

Regards Vas

max 330 mega

The Almighty Bunghole
15 Year Member
have you ever considered making replacement actuators for the bottom of old style AES sticks? pretty sure i am in need of one currently, my stick is having issues hitting diagonals. just gotta open it up and make sure thats the issue.

jdotaku

Angel's Love Slave
interested in 3d printing as a way to repair consoles or build consolized mvs any work on that front?