3d newb neo school assignment

complexz

Rosa's Tag-Tea,
Hey alls, I know there are some pro's here so don't expect alot. I am taking a 3d course in my huge list of classes I am catching up on trying to get life back working.

I am still pretty early into my 3d stuff but my last assignment was UVW mapping 2 simple objects, a dice and anything I chose..... being the nerd I am I did a quick simple neo cab. it's really simple and quick because I was not sure I would succeed in mapping it....the last thing I did was just a box after all(everyone else just did soup cans for their second assignment).

arcadetexturerender3.png

arcadetexturerender2.png

arcadetexturerender1.png

but I thought you guys might appreciate the subject matter :)

ForeverSublime

6400|!!|Kyo Clone
20 Year Member
Cool. I'm pretty sure I nerded out on a project and made something similar. . . can't remember if it was for school or just practice. What software are you using?

Fritz

Annex Florida Coalition, Goodwill Ambassador,
15 Year Member
Not too bad for a quick render. I played around with 3D Studio Max some years back but never got into mapping.

@M

Vanessa's Drinking Buddy,
20 Year Member
Looks pretty good to me and I like that you chose Geese for your screenshot. The text on the cabinet looks a little bit fuzzy/low-res, but that might just be a byproduct of how you took the capture shot--I imagine the text would be sharper if you actually zoomed in on it in the modeling program.

complexz

Rosa's Tag-Tea,
thanks guys, the reason it looks a lil fuzzy is basically its a bad UV map, the marquee and cp area have very small maps so the image is small and low res and it scales up. it was my first ever texture map so I've now learned that lesson.

I will make something worth while later on, but thought I would throw that up here since its a neo-geo and all :)