360 Controller Won't Work on my PC

Reality Check

World Hero
I recently brought a 360 controller who I can use it to play some of the action games I have for PC. While the drivers were installing my comp blue screens and performs a forced shut down. I get my computer up and running again and I reconnect the controller. It recognizes the hardware but it doesn't work. I download the 360 accessories software for windows hoping it will fix it and it doesn't. I find out that the mijxfilt.sys driver on motionjoy program is causing the blue screens. I uninstall the program and I still get a blue screen when I plug in the 360 controller. How the hell do I fix this?

RabbitTroop

Mayor of Southtown, ,
20 Year Member
Not sure with the wired pad. If it is blue screening you've got some sort of driver problem somewhere... What does it say when it blue screens? What's the error/code?

I use one of these on my PC:

http://www.amazon.com/Xbox-Wireless...T2/ref=sr_1_12?ie=UTF8&qid=1290147559&sr=8-12

works flawlessly, and lets me use my 360 wireless pads. They're not perfect. I had to fix mine already as it sort of self-destructed, but they're cake to take apart and rewire if the need arises. Been working flawless since my repair.

Reality Check

World Hero
I resolved the issue. The program uninstall didn't remove the driver that caused the blue screen so I had to manually delete it. I also had to delete the failed drivers of the controller. Everything is in working order now