30 Seconds to Mars - A Beautiful Lie

Shingo Hibiki

Benimaru's Hairdresser
I have been looking forward to the new 30 Seconds to Mars album for quite some time now. I figured that since there's less than a month away for its release then there must be a leak of the album somewhere. Sure enough, there was, and it seems I'm a little late on catching onto it. Anyway, after listening to A Beautiful Lie for the first time, I can't really say I'm all that impressed with the album. I'm not really all that disappointed either, though. I didn't not like what I heard, it just felt like something was missing. Nothing seemed to really stand out like Edge of the Earth, Buddha for Mary, or even The Mission did off their first album. I'll have to give it a few more listens before I pass any judgement onto the new album. I think I set my expectations a little too high on this. I'll still be buying the album on the 30th regardless.

RabbitTroop

Mayor of Southtown, ,
20 Year Member
Shingo Hibiki said:
I have been looking forward to the new 30 Seconds to Mars album for quite some time now. I figured that since there's less than a month away for its release then there must be a leak of the album somewhere. Sure enough, there was, and it seems I'm a little late on catching onto it. Anyway, after listening to A Beautiful Lie for the first time, I can't really say I'm all that impressed with the album. I'm not really all that disappointed either, though. I didn't not like what I heard, it just felt like something was missing. Nothing seemed to really stand out like Edge of the Earth, Buddha for Mary, or even The Mission did off their first album. I'll have to give it a few more listens before I pass any judgement onto the new album. I think I set my expectations a little too high on this. I'll still be buying the album on the 30th regardless.

Didn't Buro post it on the forums like... in May? :kekeke: I hated it.

Buro Destruct

Formerly known as, Buro Destruct, , Southtown Stre
nruva said:
Didn't Buro post it on the forums like... in May? :kekeke: I hated it.
Aww.

I love the album. Although it sounds only remotely like their debut.

RabbitTroop

Mayor of Southtown, ,
20 Year Member
Buro Destruct said:
Aww.

I love the album. Although it sounds only remotely like their debut.

Just not my bag... I tried to like it... honest. I'm a sucker for a leaked album months before street, but I just couldn't get into it. I won't say shit though, cause... I know a lot of other people will probably really like it... and I usually listen to crap, so I'm no one to judge ;)