3 new NBC chara ! o_o

breal

Hardened Shock Trooper
Some grapplers would be nice, but my wishlist would include Sieger, Heavy D, and Kruaser.

Verythrax

OWES ROT MONEY!
Kirk Foiden said:
I love it. But I betcha we would see Yusa (Cool Cool Toon) before we'd see Neo Pokekun. :) :)

Yeah, considering that DC was much more known than NGPC :)

I always saw neo Poke-kun as a possible SNK mascot with unraveled potential.

neojedi

Member,
20 Year Member
Verythrax said:
Yeah, considering that DC was much more known than NGPC :)

I always saw neo Poke-kun as a possible SNK mascot with unraveled potential.
I'm not impressed with Neo Poke-kun unless he brings his posse with him. As in the infamous crotch-grabbing man. :cool: Can you imagine how much damage he would do? Let's see Kyo try to fight after taking a direct hit in the Kusanagi family jewels.

Last edited:

Spike Spiegel

Onigami Isle Castaway
20 Year Member
kafuin_gaira said:
we need more grapplers, fsck everything else.
correct me if i'm wrong, but here's a basic breakdown for the announced characters with "fireball" projectiles:

nakoruru
geese
tung fu rue
mr. karate
mr. big
robert

Are we 100% sure these guys have fireballs? Geese has been in games without it (KOF96). Tung doesn't actually have a fireball at all, but more of a big blast. Sam with Robert and Ryo "Mr Karate". They could have fireballs or just that short blast that Dan makes fun of. And for Mr Big? I didn't know he had a fireball? WTF?

Anyhow, you're right. To make a long story short, we need more grapplers. I would love to see Ramon in there, and add pretty much anyone else. Shigen, perhaps? Maybe Big Bear?

Spike

gatsu25

Galford's Armourer
I agree with spike on this one. Im probably most happy about Shermie being in this. She is definately unique and a great addition.

kafuin_gaira

Viewpoint Vigilante
Spike Spiegel said:
Are we 100% sure these guys have fireballs? Geese has been in games without it (KOF96). Tung doesn't actually have a fireball at all, but more of a big blast. Sam with Robert and Ryo "Mr Karate". They could have fireballs or just that short blast that Dan makes fun of. And for Mr Big? I didn't know he had a fireball? WTF?

Anyhow, you're right. To make a long story short, we need more grapplers. I would love to see Ramon in there, and add pretty much anyone else. Shigen, perhaps? Maybe Big Bear?

Spike

yeah some of those might be a stretch.
for nako i was thinking about mamahaha
geese, reppuken of course--may or may not have it
tung fu rue at least has a beam-type super from the teaser vid
mr. karate/robert could have anything, their projectile attacks change frequently
mr. big i was thinking of his move similar to beni's raijin ken, not exactly a fireball i know.

so yeah. ramon would be nice, i had a blast with him in 2k2.

evil wasabi

The Jongmaster
20 Year Member
neojedi said:
I'm not impressed with Neo Poke-kun unless he brings his posse with him. As in the infamous crotch-grabbing man. :cool: Can you imagine how much damage he would do? Let's see Kyo try to fight after taking a direct hit in the Kusanagi family jewels.

yeah - what else would he do?! His supers would be fucked up!

k'_127

NeoGumby's Sycophant,
20 Year Member
Kisara can be grappler.

I doubt SS Hanzo is gonna make it there. we already have a ninja called Hattori Hanzo in there (WH).

I like Genjuro here. his gameplay fits well in other games than SS.

the roster is already cool, and "ANY" additions are welcome.

we already have enough KOF, FF and SS characters. we need fighters from obsecure games, like Gan Gan, Ninja Masters and Kizuna.

Gan Gan characters would make good grapplers.

Spike Spiegel

Onigami Isle Castaway
20 Year Member
Ah yes, the Tung super beam. I'll be honest, it looks sweet as hell. But your point is crystal clear. Too much projectile, not enough get close and mix it up/toss people around.

Nevertheless, I think the last few guys in the game could be mina clones and I'd still be happy.

Spike

Atro

Who?,
20 Year Member
Now just bring Takuma/Mr.Karaté, Heidern and Ralf.

I'd be set for it !

yagamikun

Maxima's Barber
20 Year Member
Spike Spiegel said:

Spike

The game does need more grapplers. Clark would be a nice addition, oh yes, Clark. His version from 2K with a couple tweeks here and there would be a HUGE plus to the game...for me at least :tickled: Over all though, I dont know what the fuss is. The rouster is great, best in any Vs type game so far. Lets hope this trend isnt the end all of 2D fighters though. The trend being Vs type games instead of new games/characters/plots, etc.

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
yagamikun said:
The rouster is great, best in any Vs type game so far. Lets hope this trend isnt the end all of 2D fighters though. The trend being Vs type games instead of new games/characters/plots, etc.
The good news for that is that on the website, there is a space for "Story", which means there will be one, although it's not up yet.

Also, I can only assume that people complaining about the Jin bros. are those that haven't played much Real Bout. Ken and Ryu clones? Give me a break. Just because a character has a projectile and an anti-air move... That could apply to almost anyone. The Jin bros. have rushing moves, teleport moves... they are different. Also, we haven't seen them in a game for a long time, unlike Kyo, Terry, K', Iori, etc. Would I have rather had Rick, or maybe Franco or Duck? Possibly, but I'm still VERY happy to see the Jin bros. here. Doubly happy because I never would have expected them. Never.

Anybody wishing they'd put in Yamazaki, Mary, Billy, etc. instead of Jin Bros. -- go play KOF '03. It came out less than a year ago, for crying fucking out loud.

k'_127

NeoGumby's Sycophant,
20 Year Member
wasabi said:
Fuuma was in GanGan too though.

you know you want Jo, Go, or any of the other characters too. :D

Last edited:

DevilRedeemed

teh
20 Year Member
a couple of things I've seen of Marco in the footage of the game don't sit confortably with me. for one, the boxing glove move looks stupid, I know this game is not in the serious camp, but its not very funny. but worse than this is when he shoots his gun - from what I remember this move only appeared to work at close range as the character opposing Marco was on the other side of the screen and unaffected by the shots. Maybe I got things confused, not sure, but it would be really dumb to give the guy a gun with no range. If it where the shot gun then cool but this is a handgun. hope I'm wrong.

I can't for the life of me get the videos to work at SNK-Capcom.com, I have all the things supposedly required but I still get that page saying I must view the videos from within the site (I trying to do just that!) anyone know what the deal is?

KagerouSama

Dr. Brown's Time Machine Mechanic
15 Year Member
DevilRedeemed said:
a couple of things I've seen of Marco in the footage of the game don't sit confortably with me. for one, the boxing glove move looks stupid, I know this game is not in the serious camp, but its not very funny. but worse than this is when he shoots his gun - from what I remember this move only appeared to work at close range as the character opposing Marco was on the other side of the screen and unaffected by the shots. Maybe I got things confused, not sure, but it would be really dumb to give the guy a gun with no range. If it where the shot gun then cool but this is a handgun. hope I'm wrong.

At least the gun is still there. Not like the dumb censorship of KOF 2k1 where Whip's gun move "Desert Eagle" was kept intact, but the gun removed.

Nothing quite like pulling the trigger in thin air to shoot the ground--and have to reload an invisible clip at that....

k'_127

NeoGumby's Sycophant,
20 Year Member
DevilRedeemed said:

I can't for the life of me get the videos to work at SNK-Capcom.com, I have all the things supposedly required but I still get that page saying I must view the videos from within the site (I trying to do just that!) anyone know what the deal is?

that's why I'm aginst the idea of having non-fighting games characters in this game. not only there is 90% chance that they will look stupid, but also they will suck hard gameplay wise. I think you can download the trailer from the official NGBC site:

www.snkplaymore.co.jp

(there is a video for ReBout too, btw)

and if there won't be hops, I'll skip.

Fygee

Bewbs! Z'OMG, Teh BEWBS!,
20 Year Member
I'm rather glad to see the Jin brothers, as I dug both of them. Genjuro also has too many ties to SNK and its history to be left out as well.

Chonshu's artwork is rather....frightening. He really needs lay off the hormone therapy. He's also got kind of a catlike look to him.

Sky_R

B. Jenet's Firstmate
HOLY SHIT! the jins are in! This game is truely going to rock. Atomiswave here I come!