2k2 Vice moves.......or any of these new supers..

pyrokilla

Vice's grappling partner...naked,
How are they done? Mabey I'll have to check a move list....I know the regular super, but what are these new supers ive seen .gifs of ? desperation moves or something?

Takumaji

Master Enabler
Staff member
Since I started using her new HSDM (db,qcf,uf,u,d+AC) as an extended anti-air, I can see what the designers were up to with that move, but I rarely use it because timing is evil with that last u,d+AC bit.

I keep it at doing a good ole' qcfx2+P from time to time, simple and effective.

bokmeow

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
This is maybe a little off topic, and I don't want to hijack your thread at all pyrokilla, but am I the only person who thinks some of these moves are lame the way they are pulled off? I mean like that one for K'9999, where you *ohmygod left right left right left right... hop back while doing it!* I look like a freak with spasm trying to pull that one off. It doesn't even seem like I can combo into some of these moves that have these ludicrous joystick commands plus gobs of buttons to push. I can accept Athena's since it's like doing Geese's Deadly Rave, but some of these... I hope they lose that garbage in the next King of Fighters.

Takumaji

Master Enabler
Staff member
pyrokilla: Vice's few new anim frames are nice if she isn't moving, but... ah well, one more of 2k2's flaws. Vice is still very usefull.

bokmeow: Some HSDMs are really hard to pull off, it's annoying if you nearly break your fingers while trying to pull it off and then see a HSDM like Seth's. I also hope that they get rid of this crap in the next KoF, it's a waste of ROM space.

Kirk Foiden

James Tiberius,
The funny part is that Vice's HSDM super is actually rather easy for me to pull off. It's actually reminiscent of an old SNK super (duck king?). But I definitely understand for some of the HSDMs. Heck, even one SDM seems almost unusable (Ryo). Fortunately, Ryo is fine with just his DMs. For the most part, I typically consider HSDMs as fan service. So I can understand that they include them in a fan-service Dreammatch like 2k2, but not always to practical uses. As long as I can get by without doing them, I don't feel the need to bother, unless I'm playing around.

Vice's, on the other hand, I'm just good with, so I actually am more likely to apply hers.

<small>[ May 14, 2003, 02:20 PM: Message edited by: Kirk Foiden ]</small>

Takumaji

Master Enabler
Staff member
Kirk Foiden:
The funny part is that Vice's HSDM super is actually rather easy for me to pull off. It's actually reminiscent of an old SNK super (duck king?). But I definitely understand for some of the HSDMs. Heck, even one SDM seems almost unusable (Ryo). Fortunately, Ryo is fine with just his DMs. For the most part, I typically consider HSDMs as fan service. So I can understand that they include them in a fan-service Dreammatch like 2k2, but not always to practical uses. As long as I can get by without doing them, I don't feel the need to bother, unless I'm playing around.

Vice's, on the other hand, I'm just good with, so I actually am more likely to apply hers.
I wrote about the similarity of Vice's HSDM to Duck Kings super in FFS, and I also wrote that I could instantly pull it off, but that doesn't mean that I got it to connect at the very first try. Her HSDM is db,qcf,uf,u,d+AC, and IMO, it's best to jump-in at your opponent while he's jumping at you, do the db,qcf,uf while jumping and then complete the HSDM with the u,d+AC with a tiny bit of delay between the uf and the u. Hard to explain, but that's how I do it.

And yes, Ryo can live without his HSDM, that's the point IMO - any character is fine without them... HSDMs may be good for ppl watching the fight, but not for the player.