Opethian

Basara's Blade Keeper
10 Year Member
Rating - 100%
201   0   0
are the drives belt driven or not? if they aren't belt driven it may not be possible to fix those.

shadowfamicom

Rugal's Thug
Rating - 100%
83   0   0
Not that it is ever the same without using the orginal disks and I am not too familiar with the FM Towns but have you looked into a Floppy Drive Emulator? It fits in a floppy drive bay and you plug in a USB thumbdrive formatted to 1.44mb partitions and you can cycle through all your disks. They are used mostly for old synthesizers but I have seen them used for SNES game copiers and other weird stuff without a hitch. http://www.ebay.com/itm/3-5-USB-SSD-Simulation-Floppy-Disk-Drive-Emulator-Plug-For-YAMAHA-KORG-Keyboard-/271218745935?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item3f25e5a24f

incrediblehark

New Challenger
Rating - 100%
82   0   0
are the drives belt driven or not? if they aren't belt driven it may not be possible to fix those.

Unfortunately no, they are not belt driven like the marty's fdd, which is what i assumed originally. There really isn't much info about these drives from what I could find searching online.

Not that it is ever the same without using the orginal disks and I am not too familiar with the FM Towns but have you looked into a Floppy Drive Emulator? It fits in a floppy drive bay and you plug in a USB thumbdrive formatted to 1.44mb partitions and you can cycle through all your disks. They are used mostly for old synthesizers but I have seen them used for SNES game copiers and other weird stuff without a hitch. http://www.ebay.com/itm/3-5-USB-SSD-...item3f25e5a24f

Thanks for the info, I'll have to check it out. My only concern would be buying one and it doesn't fit in the towns drive bay, or incompatible.

I don't know much about these drives but they are 34 pin, powered from the same connector, and have 2 sets of jumpers. One just sets the drive assignment (0,1,2,3) I have no idea what the 2nd set of jumpers does.

Last edited: