$22k for a FAKE Big Tournament Golf

deviljin102

Crazed MVS Addict
10 Year Member
Curious. Due to the history of past scams etc with these carts. Is it safe to say that it's nearly impossible for a newbie collector to get their hands on every genuine AES game?

Shito

King of Typists,
20 Year Member
I dont think there is enough evidence to call it "fake". The sealing sticker could be explained by a snaplock swap or SNK just being inconsistent and there are other instances where SNK had made minor changes to inserts so without actually inspecting it, nobody will ever know.
I perfectly agree.

Actually, the snaplock in the auction pics seemed to me like 1995-early1996 production run snaplock to begin with, you can spot the thicker, more opaque plastic sleeve in fact. Hence, the whole snaplock could easily be the result of an "original-to-original" swap, yes.

I must be the only person who throws these sealing stickers away, on soft cases I just take it off and clean up the gunk. No thanks

I peel them, clean off and keep 'em on the manual plastic baggie.

I don't like having those half-peeled sticker sticking around the outer box, just because they naturally gets dustier and dustier, then plain dirty, due to their adhesive (half-peeled) side. But I like to preserve whatever originally came with any original product. Hence my personal choice, which is just my personal choice though. :-)

Last edited:

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
Curious. Due to the history of past scams etc with these carts. Is it safe to say that it's nearly impossible for a newbie collector to get their hands on every genuine AES game?
Nothing is impossible, but very unlikely. Given the rarity of some carts you can probably count on one hand how many people in the world have a legit complete collection and have some fingers left over.

Even on stuff that's uncommon but not like single digit quantities rare like Metal Slug you may notice there are more people on Facebook who have bought "legit" copies of it in the past 5 years than in the previous combined 20.

Samson

Cheng's Errand Boy
Noob of the Year
This reminds me. A few months ago (January, I think?) there was a bid for Last Blade 2 AES that started at about $600. I thought that was a steal (considering it was the english version) and found out nobody was bidding. I looked at the photos and then saw the dreaded NCI sticker. If I recall correctly it sold for $1400 or so or I could be confusing the sold price for another NCI repro they were selling.

Note to self, if it's too good to be true, it's too good to be true folks. :crying:

HeavyMachineGoob

My poontang misses Lenn Yang's wang
10 Year Member
This reminds me. A few months ago (January, I think?) there was a bid for Last Blade 2 AES that started at about $600. I thought that was a steal (considering it was the english version) and found out nobody was bidding. I looked at the photos and then saw the dreaded NCI sticker. If I recall correctly it sold for $1400 or so or I could be confusing the sold price for another NCI repro they were selling.

Note to self, if it's too good to be true, it's too good to be true folks. :crying:

NCI boots would be fine if they were labeled as such and sold for sane prices. Better to just get a 161-in-1.

Samson

Cheng's Errand Boy
Noob of the Year
NCI boots would be fine if they were labeled as such and sold for sane prices. Better to just get a 161-in-1.
Exactly. People are charging NCI's for so much, they are getting closer and closer to reaching how much an actual authentic original copy goes for. It's crazy.

smokey

massive ding dong
20 Year Member
Exactly. People are charging NCI's for so much, they are getting closer and closer to reaching how much an actual authentic original copy goes for. It's crazy.
To think NCI themselves sell a game for 200 euro . It’s insane. That they become valuable afterwards

Niko

Whip's Subordinate
To think NCI themselves sell a game for 200 euro . It’s insane. That they become valuable afterwards
They become valuable because the quality, atleast on their recent releases is high and you can’t just goto a website like neooldstore and buy them.

Atro

Who?,
20 Year Member
That's what I thought. Just like Guillemot in France added French-language "addendum" within the carts. It's no mistery official distributors used to customize their officially distributed products to their local customers.

That's what NGF-USA also tried to do, and rightfully, yet in in not-so-smart ways I would say. Most likely, the were just too young and too much on the "fan" side to run an adult business as full-fledged adult businessmen. Too bad though. Chris Ray in particular personally proved to me to have great passion, honest interest and true knowledge about the system.
Except that in Hong Kong, SNK existed as a corporation and not as simple 3rd party distributor.

Niko

Whip's Subordinate
Wild that an insert, manual, and cartridge sticker make up 99% of the value.

wyo

King of Spammers
10 Year Member
That's quite an incentive for an enterprising bootlegger...