2014-15 NBA season (or, will the Sixers go 0-82?)

Fygee

Bewbs! Z'OMG, Teh BEWBS!,
20 Year Member
I'm going to keep my big mouth shut because I don't want to jinx it but there's another team in the Top 4 in the East that nobody's mentioned whose playing very well. It looks like the East is going to be wide open but I'm pretty confident that the Cavs are going to be the 1 seed by the end of the year. All of the other teams are either too young (Raps/Wiz) or too old/injury-prone (Bulls/Heat/Nets).

Thoroughly enjoying watching the Warriors, Kings and Pelicans taking the next step in the West. Curious to see if LeBron keeps putting up mediocre numbers if we might actually get a non-Bron MVP this year.

Hilarious to see

I'll throw that team out there then. ;) Washington has been doing surprisingly well.

I would honestly be stunned to see the Cavs eventually take the top spot. Maybe next year after they get all of the kinks with team chemistry and play style out of the way. Stranger things have happened though, so we'll just have to wait and see. They're going to have to play hard this whole season, and Lebron is used to coasting through the season with the Heat so he may not have it in him.

I would love to see an MVP winner not named Lebron, Durant, or Bryant this year.

dspoonrt

Genam's Azami Sharpener
10 Year Member
I'm a Cavs fan, but I wouldn't mind a non-Lebron MVP. At this point in the season, Anthony Davis, DeMarcus Cousins, and Steph Curry are all looking like MVP material.

Fygee

20 Year Member
I'm a Cavs fan, but I wouldn't mind a non-Lebron MVP. At this point in the season, Anthony Davis, DeMarcus Cousins, and Steph Curry are all looking like MVP material.

I wouldn't mind seeing any of them get it just to blow people's minds. An MVP from the Kings, Pelicans, or Warriors? Totes cray cray yo. Totes.

A foolishly optimistic part of me would love to see Goran Dragic go into beast mode like he did last year and have a shot at it, but that's looking increasingly unlikely.

jro

Gonna take a lot
20 Year Member
Durant is out of the running due to his injury, and LeBron is off to a slow start- Brow has to be the front-runner right now, I think. His PER is like 34.6 or something insane? I also really like Curry and Cousins, and the other guy I'd throw out there is Marc Gasol- Grizz are killing teams and he's having a real nice year. By the end of the year, I fully expect to see Russell Westbrook go full beastmode and have carried the Thunder to the playoffs in the West on, I dunno, 26-5-8 line or so, that should get him in the conversation as well. And you know LeBron is gonna come around.

But yeah, seems like someone new could grab the trophy this year.

Kristian Meller

Vanguard Pilot
10 Year Member
A handful of players are off to absurd starts as far as PER goes. That'll wear off. Davis should have a shot at beating MJ's PER though.

Kristian Meller

Vanguard Pilot
10 Year Member
Man, Jabari Parker can play. I should know, of course, but I haven't seem him this good in the NBA before :)

It's up to that fuckface Kidd and Brandon Knight not to hold him back any more. He's ready for some serious minutes.

jro

Gonna take a lot
20 Year Member
Man, Jabari Parker can play. I should know, of course, but I haven't seem him this good in the NBA before :)

It's up to that fuckface Kidd and Brandon Knight not to hold him back any more. He's ready for some serious minutes.

J. Kidd making it look like he knew what he was doing- the Bucks are looking solid this year. Also, holy shit, the Warriors' starting 5 is ridiculous. Steve Kerr is doing some great work out there (and Mark Jackson is an idiot).

ForeverSublime

6400|!!|Kyo Clone
20 Year Member
J. Kidd making it look like he knew what he was doing- the Bucks are looking solid this year. Also, holy shit, the Warriors' starting 5 is ridiculous. Steve Kerr is doing some great work out there (and Mark Jackson is an idiot).

And that's a starting 5 not counting the "non-popularity contest all star" David Lee, who has been injured.

There are some good fresh storylines that can develop this (post)season. Curry and Klay vs. LeBron and Love would probably top them all, stemming from Curry's "we're not trading Klay for Love" stance before this season.

Arcademan

Now...It's OFFICIAL!!!
20 Year Member
Sixers win their first game of the season over the T-Wolves. So much for 0-82...

Fygee

20 Year Member
C-C-C-C-C-COMBO BREAKERRRRR

Capture2.JPG

Nets also beat the Spurs. Popovich was yelling and swearing up a storm towards the end of that game. It was a sight to behold.

Last edited:

dspoonrt

Genam's Azami Sharpener
10 Year Member
The Cavs narrowly beat the Knicks last night at the Garden. I anxiously anticipate tonight's game in Toronto. We'll see if they're able to keep up with a good team (who admittedly is lacking one of their best players in DeRozan).

Kristian Meller

Vanguard Pilot
10 Year Member
There really is no excuse for losing to any team from the east. I have no idea how tonight's game will go, though.

Fygee

20 Year Member
With how unpredictable the NBA is, I wouldn't be surprised if the Cavs won tonight. I'm still hedging my bets on the Raptors though. They've really got their shit together and are playing very well.

100proof

Insert Something Clever Here
10 Year Member
Demar Derozan is hurt and the Cavs have been playing much better the last week or so. A win here wouldn't be a big surprise even though the Raps have played well thus far.

dspoonrt

Genam's Azami Sharpener
10 Year Member
And the Cavs handled the Raptors fairly easily. LeBron and Tristan were a killer combo.

Hello

Crossed Swords Squire
Anyone like the TrailBlazers? Ive been a fan since before the JailBlazer days even though im east coast They feel like they could make it to the Western Confrence finals as long as thier bench does something

Arcademan

Now...It's OFFICIAL!!!
20 Year Member
Suns whipped up on the Mavs in Dallas last night as they lost their first game that they've scored over 100 points in. Scoring 69 points in the first half and shooting 59% for the game does wonders, especially after that clunking of a lost at home against the Magic last weekend.

Fygee

20 Year Member
Suns whipped up on the Mavs in Dallas last night as they lost their first game that they've scored over 100 points in. Scoring 69 points in the first half and shooting 59% for the game does wonders, especially after that clunking of a lost at home against the Magic last weekend.

That Suns game gave me a raging boner. They played at their best level with tons of energy and heart. If they played like that every game, they'd be a top three team in the league.

Tough road trip ahead for them though. Last night was the first game of four in five nights. It'll be tough to keep up that level of energy and momentum against tough West teams.

dspoonrt

Genam's Azami Sharpener
10 Year Member
Anyone like the TrailBlazers? Ive been a fan since before the JailBlazer days even though im east coast They feel like they could make it to the Western Confrence finals as long as thier bench does something

I wouldn't say I root for the Blazers, but I enjoy watching them, along with other young and exciting West Coast teams (Warriors, Thunder & Suns come to mind).

jro

Gonna take a lot
20 Year Member
And... here come the Thunder. Durand and Westbrook both healed freaking fast. Thunder are only 4.5 out of the 8 seed, more than enough time to claw back to 6-ish range.

Fygee

20 Year Member
I haven't been upset about a game in a long time like I've been with the Suns loss against the Clippers tonight. Clippers won on a fluke 3 pointer from Griffin in OT.

The game shouldn't have even gotten that far, but the refs kept giving the Clips total BS calls while they flopped on the court like epilepsy sufferers. They acted like total punks.

The Clippers are now the biggest punk team in the league.

Kristian Meller

Vanguard Pilot
10 Year Member
The Clippers have been the biggest flopping bitches for a long time. Their expected success went to their heads about as soon as Chris Paul got there.

dspoonrt

Genam's Azami Sharpener
10 Year Member
It was neat to see Dikembe Mutombo and "the Royal couple" (even though I don't really give two shits about them) in attendance at the Cavs/Nets game last night. LeBron and company put on quite a show starting in the 3rd quarter. Jay Z's facial expression after LeBron hit that ridiculous turnaround jumper was pretty priceless.

I can't wait for the Cavs to play the Raptors in Cleveland tonight.

Normdog

Kula's Diamond
10 Year Member
The Clippers have been the biggest flopping bitches for a long time. Their expected success went to their heads about as soon as Chris Paul got there.

FwDS8YZ.gif