(2/19/16) CloudGamerX's repair/projects thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

CloudGamerX

Kula's Candy
Okay, so recently I have been doing alot of repairs to broken consoles, games, and controllers. So I figured, why not start a thread on it and posts my findings and progress? That way, if anyone picks up something with similar issues, they can use my repair logs as a guide. Or if they want to see the process of some mods, they can also use what I post here too :)

UPDATE: THREAD MOVED TO TECH SUPPORT, PLEASE DELETE THIS OLD ONE.

Last edited:

CloudGamerX

Kula's Candy
Lets start with a recent ebay find I got. A defective copy of Puzzle Bobble. Judging from the pictures, it uses a legit PROGBK1 + CHA256 (you can tell from the cartridge edge) http://ebay.com/link/?nav=item.view&id=151981937274&alt=web

The chances of this being a bootleg is still very high, but for the price I paid for it it's worth the risk. If it's not a bootleg, I will most likely repair it and sell it or trade it. If it is a bootleg, I will see what is wrong with it and then I will proceed to either convert it to an ironclad or restore it back to whatever game it once was.

CloudGamerX

Kula's Candy
Why? Because of a simple mistake that can be rectified by moving it to the appropriate section?

CloudGamerX

Kula's Candy
That's highly illogical and rather stupid. Posting on the wrong section doesn't warrant a ban, being malicious is a reason to ban.

Last edited:

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member
Don't take it seriously dude. Great thread. For the record, I do the same thing. I almost search out junk for repair.

Jibbajaba

Ralfredacc's Worst Nightmare
10 Year Member
This infraction calls for a minimum of 2 weeks in the isocubes.

CloudGamerX

Kula's Candy
Don't take it seriously dude. Great thread. For the record, I do the same thing. I almost search out junk for repair.

Yeah, I do that all the time. I save alot of money repairing broken electronics and performing mods myself.

HeavyMachineGoob

My poontang misses Lenn Yang's wang
10 Year Member
How ironic that a thread about repairs needs to be repaired (by being moved to the correct section, Neo Geo Tech Support).

andsuchisdeath

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
When you're infatuated with your own ego, how can you be bothered to know the other sections of the forum?

LWK

Earl of Sexyheim
20 Year Member
Yeah, I do that all the time. I save alot of money repairing broken electronics and performing mods myself.

Same here, this is how I netted my pulstar and ssv sp mvs carts. I repaired my friends horizontal output transistor and did a small reflow and got his neo candy kicking, he gave me SSV SP. Then I helped fix a beatmania cab by doing some reflows for him on it, and let me tell you, FUCK THAT MONITOR HOUSING. Total nightmare, took us all day to get that thing finalized. He gave me pulstar for that.

CloudGamerX

Kula's Candy
Hoping there's no hot glue involved.

I don't use hotglue as often or as much as some people (Drakon) do. If I had to rely on hotglue alot, I shouldn't be modding at all. As for repairs, I don't use hotglue at all.

madman

Blame madman, You Know You Want To.,
I don't use hotglue as often or as much as some people (Drakon) do. If I had to rely on hotglue alot, I shouldn't be modding at all. As for repairs, I don't use hotglue at all.

How do you feel about hotglue?

CloudGamerX

Kula's Candy
I don't think hotglue is necessarily bad, as long as you don't overuse it or make it look ugly. For some mods, you would need hotglue to hold things together that can't be mounted with screws. But for most cases, it's optional.

Status
Not open for further replies.