1cc

Legend_of_joe

Cheng's Errand Boy
is it considered 1ccing a game if you beat the last boss by time up? for instance i played kof95 on the hardest difficulty and 1cc'd it but on rugal the time ran out and i just had more life than he did. to me that doesnt really seem like much of an accomplishment. i would have felt better if i had actually ko'd him instead. members what do you think?

SouthtownKid

There are four lights
20 Year Member
Yes.

You can be happy or sad or whatever, but you didn't use a continue.

RBjakeSpecial

Land of the Rising Bling:,
20 Year Member
Legend_of_joe said:
is it considered 1ccing a game if you beat the last boss by time up? for instance i played kof95 on the hardest difficulty and 1cc'd it but on rugal the time ran out and i just had more life than he did. to me that doesnt really seem like much of an accomplishment. i would have felt better if i had actually ko'd him instead. members what do you think?

BAD ASS

Kof 95 is my favorite. How did you beat him?

Robert

20 Year Member
You must be a killer because 1CC KOF 95 at level 8 is something I wouldn't have even imagined.

Which team did you use?

Legend_of_joe

Cheng's Errand Boy
i used the brazil team (ralf, clark, heirden). i play a mean clark and its relatively easy to catch the ai with his hcf+d and hcbx2+c throws if you know how. i also love heirden with all those two in one combos and his projectile that pops out pretty damn quick. once i reach rugal i play the turtle and block or dodge pretty much anything he throws at me. the only time i really attack is if he tuants me. then i use my desperation move on him. its very rare that he tuants though so usually i end up winning by time over. clarks standing d and crouching d are crazy powerful. they pop out quick and have good range.

Last edited:

Legend_of_joe

Cheng's Errand Boy
krakov said:
The dodge is the key.

id say its more knowing when to attack if any thing. for instance alot of the characters have moves where there is a big lag at the end if blocked which leaves them open. my strategies are more character specific rather than one universal strategy. getting your pow bar full before attacking helps also. i think it boosts your damage like mad crazy and pushes your opponent back farther.

krakov

Armored Scrum Object
Legend_of_joe said:
id say its more knowing when to attack if any thing. for instance alot of the characters have moves where there is a big lag at the end if blocked which leaves them open. my strategies are more character specific rather than one universal strategy. getting your pow bar full before attacking helps also. i think it boosts your damage like mad crazy and pushes your opponent back farther.

There are without doubt many ways to approach the opponent. As for rugal in 95 i can perfect him every single time (unlike most other KOF-bosses) using just the dodge. Get the timing right, counter with the dodge-attack > special/DM > repeat. It's really to easy when you start to learn how he attacks.

Rugals 95 outing is really badass in terms of design though :buttrock: