1cc hardest games

MCF 76

Metal Slug Mechanic
10 Year Member
I was just curious what are some of the hardest games you guys have beat with no death? For me alot were nes games. Some of those games were so annoying my throat would be soar the next day from yelling:lolz: Ninja Gaiden 1 nes took me about 1 month of trying to finally beat it with no death. Now I can still do it but its never a sure thing at that game. Castlevania 1 alos was very hard to 1cc but nowhere near as bad as Ninja Gaiden. As for Neo games I just gave the f@ck up way to damn hard. >Marty<

Niraflen

n00b
Would you count Zelda 1 in one sitting with a semi-functional controller?

How about just getting to the first palace in Zelda II without a death? :lolz:

I think the most fun 1cc I never actually got was NES Punch-Out!! (with Mike Tyson removed). At some point I could make it to the Mr.Dream match in one sitting (without losing a match, not without being knocked out). Unfortunately, Mr.Dream's a cheap fighter.

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
I think the most fun 1cc I never actually got was NES Punch-Out!! (with Mike Tyson removed). At some point I could make it to the Mr.Dream match in one sitting (without losing a match, not without being knocked out). Unfortunately, Mr.Dream's a cheap fighter.

I used to watch a buddy of mine get punches in on Mr. Dream during the first match inbetween dynamite punches, never see anything like that, he would have him TKO'd in the second round..... man that kid was good

MCF 76

Metal Slug Mechanic
10 Year Member
Would you count Zelda 1 in one sitting with a semi-functional controller?

How about just getting to the first palace in Zelda II without a death? :lolz:

Zelda thats pretty damn hardcore of you to be able to remember where everything is! I think thats very impressive. As for Zelda 2 fuck that game its too damn hard for its own good.:) I always sucked at Mike Tyson's punch out. Another few I forgot to list that I 1cc was Karnov nes, P.O.W and legendary wings:) >Marty<

MCF 76

Metal Slug Mechanic
10 Year Member
woah, thats pretty boss, karnov is cool and legendary wings is pretty hard, kudos!

Thanks Kidpanda,:) I'm almost done trying to do this on any game anymore. It almost too much like work.

Come on Kidpanda, what are some other games you have 1cc or tried to? I know you have anybody who is a member here is a hardcore gamer.:lolz: :cool:

I've had plenty I've tried to 1cc and just could never get it done manily Neo games:very_ang:

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid
couple of cave games, gradius, shatterhand, gunstar heroes on hard, a couple of others

MCF 76

Metal Slug Mechanic
10 Year Member
couple of cave games, gradius, shatterhand, gunstar heroes on hard, a couple of others

Gradius!! thats a hard ass game man congrats!! I haven't played the others you listed but, I have Gradius 3 on the snes and it is very hard to me. Never beat it before:annoyed:

complexz

Rosa's Tag-Tea,
ohh nice work, I never really went back to the first gradius, as a kid I never seen beyond the first stage lol, didn't understand how to get past the volcano part. Looks like fun though, kinda made me wanna go back and get vengeance!

only arcade games I've 1cc'd are metal slug and just today nam 1975, neither one was especially hard compared to what's out there but I guess I am more proud of nam because it took me longer... nam isn't that hard but I find it extremely hard to not make stupid mistakes, it can be difficult concentrating on firing in one area while being aware of everything else firing at you when things get really hectic.

No deaths = one life clear or 1cc = one credit clear?

The hardest game I ever 1cced is Alpha Mission 2, doing two loops of it is no joke. Sengoku comes in second place. Tons of stuff to memorize in order to pull it off and Last Resort in third. Extreme precise controlling needed.

On some NES games you can build up lifes and have lot's of tries. Not that hard to 1cc but definitely nightmare to one life clear.

Niraflen

n00b
Zelda thats pretty damn hardcore of you to be able to remember where everything is! I think thats very impressive. As for Zelda 2 fuck that game its too damn hard for its own good.:) I always sucked at Mike Tyson's punch out. Another few I forgot to list that I 1cc was Karnov nes, P.O.W and legendary wings:) >Marty<

Recently played through the original Zelda about 1-2 months ago again and was surprised I still found everything. Clearly rusty though because I died 3 times, and that wasn't in one sitting. :( The gate-mouth-THING from Legendary Wings is really memorable for some reason.

andsuchisdeath

General Morden's Aide
20 Year Member
I just nailed the 1cc for Hagane. My skills are nothing special...but I seriously don't understand why it's considered so hard.

complexz

Rosa's Tag-Tea,
nice nice on the hagane 1cc I haven't played that game since I rented it as a kid... I gotta find it!

does anyone else lose motivation to continue to practice after finally 1cc'ing a game? I practiced my ass off at metal slug untill I finally got that 1cc, I haven't really played it seriously since... to the point that I don't think I could 1cc it again withought practicing all over again.

fake

Ned's Ninja Academy Dropout
15 Year Member
Nothing too special... I've only 1CC'd shooters as far as I can remember.

Deathsmiles US 360 mode, Deathsmiles JP Arcade mode, Psyvariar 2, Cotton 100%, Flying Hero, Batsugun Special, Musha Aleste, GunDuel (from Game Center CX 2), Starfox

SNKorSWM

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
10 Year Member
There are plenty of NES titles I've 1cc'd back in the day and didn't think they were hard (until youtube users argue otherwise), so I would have no idea what would be the hardest. Some of them are just LOOOOONNNNNNG and not necessarily hard.

ShadowDancer

New Challenger
Current game i'm trying to 1cc is Willow (up to final stage on 1 man) isn't that hard.

Games I can remember (1cc - again, not that hard...or maybe not back when I played some of them)

Gradius (NES) 1 ship
Mike Tysons Punch-Out inc Mike (NES) (1 man)
Super Mario Bros (NES) All levels (1 man)
Double Dragon (arcade) (1 man)
Golden Axe (MD) (1 man)
Son Son II (PCE) (1 man)
Shinobi (arcade) (1cc)
Trojan (Nes) 1 man
Gunsmoke (nes) (1cc)

There are others, but the above were challenging, Mike Tyson took months of practise, same as super Mario Bros & Gradius.
Double Dragon, Golden Axe and Son Son II were matters of weeks or less.
Loads more, but non worthy of mentioning.

Ninja gaiden nes on 1 credit 1 man!! man, it took me weeks with infinite continues...thats one game I didn't even try to complete on 1 credit, although...maybe one day.!

EDIT

added a couple more, the nes games were largely played in the 80's/e 90's, i may of only had a few games, so they became natural with playtime. As i mentioned Willow, its 3 weeks old in my collection and i'm specifically trying 1cc then 1 man. I'm on last stage, but i can still lose a man on several parts, stage 2 sometimes gets me more than most...i'm enjoying it tho.

Last edited:

ShadowDancer

New Challenger
Wouldn't mind re-visiting some of these to see how hard or easy they were.

I know SMB is easy. I bought Mike Tysons on Wii VC on my 1st Wii....couldn't do sandman for a while, then i was messing up on super macho man.
Found that difficult. I'm pretty sure gunsmoke took me a while, i played trojan to death as i loved the arcade game at the same time...although different. Gradius was hard, but i was into shmups and platformers heavily and couldnt get into the original Zelda when a friend brought it round.

I'm also on a Wild Fang 1cc clearance, that takes concentration, pure brilliant Tecmo, up to stage 4 on 1 man.
Fall asleep on stage 1 and its curtains before you know it.

I don't mind 1cc aims when i feel i can get them...i lost interest in a few physiko shooters on Saturn, as good as they were/are, just knew they were out of my personal realms of skill.

Good thread this TC - Just don't think I've beaten anything that difficult on 1man or 1credit in a while.

Electric Grave

So Many Posts
No Time
For Games.
15 Year Member
I 1CC five looped Gunsmoke NES and finally turned it off 'cause I just wasn't going down.
1lifed Kabuki Quantum Fighter
1CC Ninja Gaiden III US and the prequels which were much easier.
1CC DOuble Dragon NES
1CC Batman NES
1CC Megaman X
1CC Megaman II (Who hasn't?!)
1CC Super Metroid
1CC Dracula X SNES (Rondo is a whole different ball game though)
1CC Ridge Racer 4 (If you can count that as a 1CC)

I haven't spend as much time playing the games I play now like I did when I was kid (I guess life happens) but I'm close to 1CC'ing a few shooters but above all I'm so close to beating Tetris GM2+ on Master mode it gives me the chills!

Oh yeah, I've 1CC tons of fighters but I don't think those count 'cause is actually not that hard. OK except for Fatal Fury Special which was really hard and so was SSFIIX (Not ST mind you). COme to think of it I haven't been able to 1CC X-Men COTA US, hard fucking game, I'm stock on Magneto, he's a cheapster and this is coming from a cheap bastard.

Last edited:
i have got to say the only beat em up i havent gotten through in 1cc is art of fighting 2 that game is so bloody hard i still have geese saved on my memory card so one day i can work out how to beat him easily, no probs getting there but he is just in a league of his own

Zenimus

Zantetsu's Blade Sharpener
I 1CC five looped Gunsmoke NES and finally turned it off 'cause I just wasn't going down.

Well there went my claim to fame! But can you do it on the arcade version? I haven't yet, but I've gotten close.

I'd like to know if anyone can 1CC Crossed Swords. I'm convinced the game is impossible. It just keeps on going...

MCF 76

Metal Slug Mechanic
10 Year Member
Some very impressive feats in here guys! Kidpanda, those were some skills in that Gradius video man awesome job! Forgot about these also, before I got rid of my super gun I could also do no death runs on Contra and Super Contra arcade. I set the dip setting on very difficult on both. Super Contra was exceptionally hard to do a no death run with the difficult cranked all the way up.

Last edited:

jepjepjep

King's Dry Cleaner
These are the games I can remember off of the top of my head (all arcade versions):

Strider
Osman
UN Squadron/Area88
Cyber Lip
Mega Man Power Battle
Batrider Normal Course
Deathsmiles (360 port)
Futari Black Label Original (360 port)

A couple more I'm close on. Esprade is a sweet game but I haven't gotten past that bitch of a final boss.

As i mentioned Willow, its 3 weeks old in my collection and i'm specifically trying 1cc then 1 man. I'm on last stage, but i can still lose a man on several parts, stage 2 sometimes gets me more than most...i'm enjoying it tho.

Willow is a cool game. I plan on trying for a 1cc on that sometime soon. Capcom sure had some great platformers back in the day. I've been playing a lot of Ghouls'n Ghosts lately.

Last edited:

scgon

Benimaru's Hairdresser
10 Year Member
Back in the day I could 1CC Side Arms and came very close on Rygar both in the arcade.

currently attempting to make it through R-Type 2, but that game is tough! it will be a while..... definitely lack of time gets in the way of the solid game time needed to really master a game.

Chempop

BESTEST Buttrider in chat.Officially No.10 at Schm
ESPGaluda2 (360 port) - One of cave's more difficult 1loop games.
Mushihimesama Arrange (PS2 port) - Maniac is harder up until the stage-5 boss because you have a less firepower and no auto-bombs, but in Arrange you have to fight the TLB who is borderline invincible. I have no idea how beat him.