161 in 1 v3 AES exit from game holding start not working?

aapuzzo

n00b
Is there any reason I can't exit from game while holding start for 5 seconds? All of my buttons definitely work on P1 controller. The box the cart came in says it has the feature. Pick n mix doesn't work either with unibios 4 but this could be expected. I understand that feature sometimes has issues. I will get a neo sd pro once they come in so this is all I have for now.

city41

Beast Buster
10 Year Member
I've never owned a multicart, so this is just a total wild guess. Did you try holding start in several different games? I know like in everdrives, terraonion stuff, etc, sometimes these hooks don't work because the game was programmed in a way that doesn't let them "in".

aapuzzo

n00b
I guess I need a copy of that hacked BIOS? I can reflash my eprom. Any idea where to get the hacked Unibios 4 file?

aapuzzo

n00b
It seems my new AES V3 161 cart didn't come with modified ROMs to enable the hold start 5 second exit to menu hack. It seems this hack is what caused issues with some games so maybe the cart creator decided to release the latest version without the modified roms. The linked video was to a new modified version of the 161 flash cart people are working on to get the entire library of games onto a 161 flash cart by expanding the memory, removing the duplicate modified roms, and loading all unmodified roms that didn't include the Menu exit patch to the roms. ArcadeTV made a patch for Unibios 4 to make it so if you soft reset in the "in game menu" it goes back to the "main menu" but this seems to only work with the modified Vortex cart. My guess is the Chinese reseller decided to load with unpatched roms because powering off the system is better than having some games that don't work.

acem77

Over Top Auto Mechanic
20 Year Member
Had the same issue, just bought a v3.. instructions list this as a feature. So I guess the bootleggers could care less to update the instructions.. Looks like I'll be using a smart switch on it..

aapuzzo

n00b
Also whatever ROM they used for KOF has a nude MAI. I don't know any other version of the KOF that has that just for her. It must be on the base rom because use it effects many of the years. It's not the hacked king of gladiators ROM either. I was playing it with my daughter and felt stupid when I saw it. It basically the kog frames but added to all of the KOF years only for MAI.

acem77

Over Top Auto Mechanic
20 Year Member
I would like to see a break down of all hacks on it. That sucks, but I know what I'll be trying later.. lol

HeavyMachineGoob

My poontang misses Lenn Yang's wang
10 Year Member
Also whatever ROM they used for KOF has a nude MAI. I don't know any other version of the KOF that has that just for her. It must be on the base rom because use it effects many of the years. It's not the hacked king of gladiators ROM either. I was playing it with my daughter and felt stupid when I saw it. It basically the kog frames but added to all of the KOF years only for MAI.
Definitely need to make this more common knowledge about the 161 v3. In reality, there's a lot of people and situations where nude Mai isn't fun and is instead very problematic, especially when this affects multiple supposedly clean KOF roms on a cart and isn't just confined to one specific hack.

Thanks for sharing.

Neo Alec

Warrior of the Innanet
20 Year Member
Unwanted nudity is the price you pay when your arcade is using janky-ass crap.