161-in-1 Game Breakdown

legolas119

Rugal's Thug
thank you!
unfortunately there are missing games in both the cart. Some of them missing only in one of them, others missing in both...
Yes I know that it is released the new cart that can load rom...but...400 euro...!!?!?!? And it has a really long loading time :(

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
Personally I have a 161 in 1 and a 120 in 1. Between the two of them, they have most of what you'd want to play.

legolas119

Rugal's Thug
ah ok!

well, the 138 in 1 it seems really good, but there are missing games as King of the Monsters 2, Kizuna Encounter, Pulstar, King of Fighters 2003, Metal Slug X, Savage Reign, Fatal Fury 3 (now I already have the cart of Real Bout fatal Fury 2 and Fatal Fury Special so I don't need them) that are missing. Some of them missing in both 161 and 138 cart :(

It would be great if it will be released a cart with all the games...

or do you think if I can have these games too with an additional cart? Is it possible to have all the game with 2 cart? 150 in 1 for example with 138 in 1 ?

Last edited:

Shin9999

King's Dry Cleaner
20 Year Member
ah ok!

well, the 138 in 1 it seems really good, but there are missing games as King of the Monsters 2, Kizuna Encounter, Pulstar, King of Fighters 2003, Metal Slug X, Savage Reign, Fatal Fury 3 (now I already have the cart of Real Bout fatal Fury 2 and Fatal Fury Special so I don't need them) that are missing. Some of them missing in both 161 and 138 cart :(

It would be great if it will be released a cart with all the games...

or do you think if I can have these games too with an additional cart? Is it possible to have all the game with 2 cart? 150 in 1 for example with 138 in 1 ?

Twinkle Star Sprites almost makes owning the 138n1 worth it for me. Although I wouldn't mind playing Pulstar on the cabinet from that 161 in 1.

Tanooki

War Room Troll
Theres little of matter missing between the 138 and 161, just a shame the smaller of the two has that stupid attached board and is very unfriendly as far as setting it up one way or the other with hardware hacks to work on a 2+ slot system. I want to own one but that stops me, at least the 161 is solid other than the occasional sound glitch. If I trusted myself to buy the parts and do it I know you can fix that at least.

AJtheMishima

Bub & Bob's Bubble Buddy
Theres little of matter missing between the 138 and 161, just a shame the smaller of the two has that stupid attached board and is very unfriendly as far as setting it up one way or the other with hardware hacks to work on a 2+ slot system. I want to own one but that stops me, at least the 161 is solid other than the occasional sound glitch. If I trusted myself to buy the parts and do it I know you can fix that at least.
yeah, im thinking about fixing the sound on the 161 too. I got mine included with my cab, but the sounds issues is annoying. Especially on Blues Journey, my gf likes to play that one and like half the time it loads up with no sound.
im still deciding if i should tell my gf to get the 120 or the 138 for me for xmas. lol the dipswitch mod is cool and gets around the 2 slot issue but its so damn inconvenient. Besides all the games on it being able to switch games with a soft reset is what makes it great

tenfresh

Mega Shock!!,
thank you!
unfortunately there are missing games in both the cart. Some of them missing only in one of them, others missing in both...
Yes I know that it is released the new cart that can load rom...but...400 euro...!!?!?!? And it has a really long loading time :(

Darksoft is working on an multicart that promises to have far far better load times and a bunch of other compelling features. I think it's expected to be released in a few months. The thread for announcements is here:
http://www.arcade-projects.com/foru...game-cartridge-new-poll-included-please-vote/

When this comes out I think it'll put all the 'in-1' carts to bed...

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
Personally I have a 161 in 1 and a 120 in 1. Between the two of them, they have most of what you'd want to play.

Same here. A few missing games that I already own but Yea, the 161 and 120 pretty much cover most.

CrazyDean

Zero's Secretary

Kid Panda

The Chinese Kid

Ummm, how much is a legit Samurai Shodown V Special? Shut up. On top of that, what you play games for 5 mins and then need to switch? Just shut up.

RAZO

Mayor of Southtown
15 Year Member
Ummm, how much is a legit Samurai Shodown V Special? Shut up. On top of that, what you play games for 5 mins and then need to switch? Just shut up.

This is true. 400 Euros for a Multi Board that plays every single original neo game accurately is not bad at all. Ds's cps2 multi w/ suicided "B" board and working "A" board can cost you way over $400 euros. As long as it works correctly, the price will be worth it.

The load times sounded kind of long at first but now thinking about how often I switch games, it really isn't as bad. Plus NeoDs mentioned that not all games have long load times.

legolas119

Rugal's Thug

liwer

n00b
I have the 161-1, want to buy the 138-1 by Ninja Masters and World Heroes Perfect, two expensive games AES and MVS, especially Ninja Masters..

Those two games work perfect in this cartridge?

Greetings.

BladeDancer314

Windjammers Wonder

aha2940

AH, A, COLUMBIAN!,
will his flashcart finally make prices on AES go down?, I dont think the Neosd was able to do that.

I do not think anything will do that. People who pay those huge prices are not after playing a game, they are after collecting an item (possibly to flip it later), and nothing but the real deal works for that.

MrWunderful

Stakes Winner
Not really. Think about how long everdrives have been out. The prices are still high on games like earthbound, which are easily emulated multiple ways (VC, Everdrive, PC emulation) and are even super common yet still demand a premium.

Pasky

Fug:DDDDD,
I do not think anything will do that. People who pay those huge prices are not after playing a game, they are after collecting an item (possibly to flip it later), and nothing but the real deal works for that.

This.

nicksbrain

Cheng's Errand Boy
you could actually argue, that with flashcarts, demand for "good" games will increase... once you played it and you know it's worth it...

donluca

Ninja Combat Warrior
I think that a distinction must be made between two different markets: players and collectors.

Players just wanna play the game and have fun with it and they're going to look for the cheapest way to do this. Sometimes, players will recognize that there's a game that really outshines most of the others and deserve the collector's treatment and will go hunt down a physical copy (or a limited edition or whatever works for you).
If we were all players, prices would crash and keep somewhat stable.

Collectors on the other hand crave more for the "entire experience" of a game, which is comprised of each single piece: box, manual, cartridge, etc... They just want a complete product because they care about all the details the producer put into releasing a game.
Since a "complete game" is, due to obvious reasons, limited on the market, the general offer & demand rules apply.
Therefore, prices fluctuate and can reach unreasonable numbers.

We live in a world where those two markets are mixed but there are still enough collectors to put down on their knees the offer of several titles which had a somewhat limited release, so the impact players have on the general market is not high enough to make huge changes in value.

Of course, YMMV.

Also, there's nothing wrong about being either a player or a collector. I respect both categories as they both have honest-to-god reason for being either one.

gameofyou

Mr. Big's Thug
15 Year Member
Does anyone know the reason that there are multiple low-cost MVS multicarts, but nothing readily available for AES?