138-in-1 Cable long enough for a 2-Slot MVS?

Bad_Ash

n00b
Hey everyone, thinking about getting the 138-in-1 Multicart and have a few questions that hopefully someone can answer:

In most pics I've seen, the cable from the cart to the sub-board looks rather short. Is it long enough to reach from the cartridge in a 2 Slot MVS to the connection on the side of the motherboard?

Anyone used it in a 2 Slot MVS with another cart? Was considering using 2 Multicarts and was curious if there were any known issues doing this?

Thanks Everyone!

Last edited:

kaicer

Crazed MVS Addict
for what I know you can use only one multicart when using the one with the sub board and I dont thing the cable its going to reach the connector. ut maybe I'm wrong I dont have a 138 in 1.

Bad_Ash

n00b
for what I know you can use only one multicart when using the one with the sub board and I dont thing the cable its going to reach the connector. ut maybe I'm wrong I dont have a 138 in 1.

Thanks for the reply. The 'no Multiple multicarts' thing makes sense. Only thing I would need confirmation on now is whether the 138in1 cable would be long enough to reach from Slot 1 to the board on an MVS 2-Slotter

Anybody? Anybody? Beuller? Beuller?

xsq

Thou Shalt Not, Question Rot.,
From what I've read it might just about fit, but you have to stretch the cable quite a bit... also it will only fit in the port closest to the edge (read here).

You could ask someone who has or sells one to measure the length of the cable for you (damn, it really looks to be super short) or you could try and make an extension cord, as discussed here atm.

Leisure rules.

IDCHAPPY

The Mad Jock.
It's a tight fit in my MV1-FZ mate, it might struggle in a 2 slot.

RabbitTroop

Mayor of Southtown, ,
20 Year Member
In an old cabinet I had, the boards were mounted on the back while the JAMMA harness was a ways away. In order to move the board to the front, I didn't want to have to bother with rewiring everything, so what I did was get a JAMMA fingerboard and wire it to a JAMMA harness basically making a long extension cable. You could do something similar with the 138-n-1's connector board to help make it reach the JAMMA edge.

Conversely, there aren't that many games that differ from the 161-n-1. Although, you lose some rare titles like Pulstar, you get most everything else and have a lot less hassle for taking the cart in and out of the cabinet. Especially in a multislot it might be a better fit.

Also, I don't have a multicart, but I have heard some people say it doesn't work well in a multislot with other games. So, you'll likely want to just have the multicart in there and nothing else.