120-in-1 MVS Multicart Issues Thread

daskrabs

Ace Ghost Pilot
10 Year Member
Post up if you've had issues running the 120-in-1. Please include which MVS board you're using and which game, if appropriate.

I've personally seen major audio issues on a forum member's cart. TSS and MD3, among others, were playing random sound bits from other MVS games instead of correct audio. This on both MV-1F and MV4, both with Unibios 3.X.

LegoSlug

Over Top Auto Mechanic
I noticed some minor graphic glitches in Pulstar on a 2 slot stock bios. It was on the continue screen, did not affect gameplay. I can double check unless someone noticed something similar.

Coleridge

Pleasure Goal
I'm the forum member daskrabs is referring to. I haven't gone through all the games on the cart, but the ones he mentioned each have the exact same sound problem in my 2 slot with a unibios. I tried switching the region on the games to see if that did anything, but nope. Probably worth bringing this up since there's a group buy in the works for these carts right now.

Larrs888

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
On my 120-in-1 I have come across a few issues, the main one that bugs me Blazing Star. The game crashes most of the time mid way through stage 2 when you blast open the space doors. Strangely if I kill all the enemies asap I can usually progress through the game until another crash at the stage 6 boss, but most times if you move past and leave some enemies the game always crashes :( MOTW sometimes has the odd graphical glitch but all other games seems to be ok.

edit: sorry I forgot to mention that I'm using an Omega Cmvs so it's a 1 slot MV-1C motherboard and Unibios 3.2.

Last edited:

Craig

Stupid Bitch.,
15 Year Member
on my 4 slotter,
sound is garbled if other three slots are used.
If the 120 in 1 is in by itself, once a game starts it will play for a few seconds than slow way down and than crash...

Same cart works flawlessly on my friends 2 slot.

GadgetUK

Ace Ghost Pilot
On my 120-in-1 I have come across a few issues, the main one that bugs me Blazing Star. The game crashes most of the time mid way through stage 2 when you blast open the space doors. Strangely if I kill all the enemies asap I can usually progress through the game until another crash at the stage 6 boss, but most times if you move past and leave some enemies the game always crashes :( MOTW sometimes has the odd graphical glitch but all other games seems to be ok.

edit: sorry I forgot to mention that I'm using an Omega Cmvs so it's a 1 slot MV-1C motherboard and Unibios 3.2.

Yes, I've found that same bug in the part on level 2 just after you blast through those doors! It seems that you can get past that part more often than not - not worked out why? I will retest up to the stage 6 boss tomorrow. I suspect the menu modification done to the P1 is the cause. On the 138 in 1 the game plays just fine.

Chempop

BESTEST Buttrider in chat.Officially No.10 at Schm
The menus difficulty settings (by using hard dips 4+5) on the 120-in-1 do not work correctly for me on my MV1FZ, instead I get this screen:
16370580615_3b47d54b32_z.jpg

I also can’t return to the game select menu by holding start.

It works fine however on my MV1B, so I imagine it’s a mobo compatibility issue.

GadgetUK

Ace Ghost Pilot
I tested on the 120 in 1 again with this game today and it does generate an exception just before the end of level 6, as you almost complete the boss. That doesn't happen on the 138 in 1. I am thinking this might also be a bypass capacitor required on one of the upper PRG address lines, similar to the PCM fix I applied. I will look at this more in the week. There is also a chance the ROM image used for the 120 in 1 is corrupt.

GadgetUK

Ace Ghost Pilot
Are you sure regards KoF 97? Some of the levels don't really have music as such - sort of background ambience type stuff going on. Just looked on YouTube and I am sure my 120 in 1 is the same as videos captured from emulator. Incidentally, I re-tested Blazing Star yesterday and got the crash at level 6, just as you almost beat the boss and end the level - Exception at address 1014C8. Be interesting if anyone else can test and report back on the address there. I do have another 120 in 1, so I will re-test Blazing Star on that cart and report back. I suspect its a corruption in the P ROM code. On the 138 in 1 it works fine right to the end.

Larrs888

Krauser's Shoe Shiner
Does anyone know why soft dips cannot be saved on games from the 120in1? I believe the default settings are loaded into the MVS backup RAM when the a game boots. I can set Blood to be on in Metal Slug X on my real cart and when I load it from the multicart it pulls back the settings, likewise once I play more than 8 games including multicart versions the dips get erased for earlier played titles, so the defaults are being saved but new values cannot be entered.

cybersp78

n00b
I also posted this in the 161 in 1 thread as that was where my problems began in trying to use multicarts but since this thread is dedicated to the 120 in 1, thought maybe this was the best place to seek some help.

So I have a super mvs converter ii. Early serial modded neo geo with 2.3 unibios installed. 161 in 1 cart works for the most part but some games do not play at all so I thought I would try the 120 in 1. And of course with my luck it doesn't seem to work either. Does anyone have any experience with this combo of the Super MVS Converter II and the 120 multicart? The cart boots fine. Gets me to menu of games. Can change number of players and difficulty but can't start game. Tried every combination of buttons. Nothing. I assume the Start button is what is supposed to start the games. I try hitting A+B+C to get to unibios and maybe try changing to MVS mode but the screen just kind of hangs. If I hit start & select it just comes up garbled. Anyone have anything I should try? At this point I am thinking I should just get an omega and be done. Does it play nicely with the 120 in 1?? Although I would really like it to just work the Neo Geo I already have. Thanks for any assistance.

FilthyRear

Neo-Geo.com's, Top Rated Bully.,
15 Year Member
I run mine on a MV1 CMVS with unibios 2.0. I only really have issues when i play in console mode - arcade mode is fine. At one time or another I've had an issue with a majority of games on there. A soft reset usually does teh trick.

GohanX

Horrible Goose
20 Year Member
The 120 doesn't work with my Fusion converter either. I don't think it's compatible with the home system. Works great on the cmvs!

Rugdoctor

New Challenger
Well, I discovered you can hotkey a difficulty reduction without needing to access the service menu for games with difficulty settings. When you have launched the game, press and hold down 1p's A, B C & D and Start, this will reset the selected game twice then it will drop the difficulty. However, the drop is inconsistent. For example, magical drop III will drop from level 8 to level 3 and TTS will drop from level 8 to level 6. This reset trick may also implemented other setting changes but that is the most noticable one for me.