Search results

1. M

Sync solder point on bottom of MV1A?

I've just finished my first CMVS and am generally pleased with how it turned out, but I was wondering if anyone here knew of a better place to solder the sync line to, as at the moment I have it soldered to a tiny via and would prefer it was connected to something a bit more solid. I've gone...
  2. M

What are the best all-round RGB cable components for LCD and CRT?

I'm building a couple of CMVS consoles, using a MV1C and MV1A, and was wondering what the best components for the cable are? I'm threw a cable together using the parts I had the hand (100 ohm resistors), placed on the RGB lines, sync and pin 16. The left and right audio are directly connected...
  3. M

Anywhere in UK/Europe that sells base plates for MVS?

I've been looking at the Lions3 plates for MVS, but before I placed an order was wondering if there's anywhere in the UK/EU that also sells something similar that anyone knows about, even if it's just bases and not a full kit? Also, is the MV-1A the same footprint as the MV-1FZ?
  4. M

Neo Geo X dock power supply barrel dimensions?

Not sure if I could find out here, as the Neo Geo X is a bit of an affront to the name, but I want to build a Pi system using the dock and was wondering if anyone know what dimensions the power supply barrel is, so I can just buy a generic 5V AC adapter instead of paying too much for an official...
  5. M

Help getting an unresponsive MV4 board running...

I have an MV4 board that I would like to get running, but at the moment I'm getting nothing from it. As I don't have a proper Supergun, I connected it using the board from a Chinese consolized MVS (which works fine with another 1 slot board I have, at least for power and video). I've done a...
  6. M

NEO-AES3-5 showing only certain elements on screen

I recently bought this AES from Japan and originally when I used a diagnostic bios it gave me a palette RAM error. I found and fixed a damaged trace running between the RAM and pin 28 of the NEO-B1 and it now passes the diagnostic test, but when I try to run a game (I only have Samurai Spirits...
  7. M

NeoBitz board and Universal BIOS v3

Looking to sell these, as I never got round to finishing my Neo Geo AES mod. - Neobitz Board minus jacks (these can be bought for about £1 each) - £25 posted - Universal BIOS v3 brand new never used - £20 posted Or both for £40 posted.
  8. M

FS: Japanese AES, Neo-Bitx board & Universal Bios v3.0

Need to sell these, as I need to get some money together before the end of the moneth for rent and will be at my parents' for most of the time, so won't be able to complete modding it myself in time. Will sell the whole set for £160 including shipping to the UK (ask me about international...
  9. M

WTB: Neo Geo AES Box

I have a Neo Geo AES and would very much like to get a box for it, should anyone have a spare for whatever reason. Hopefully somebody in the UK, as I don't want to spend too much on postage for a box...;)
  10. M

Where can I get a dimmer chip for my NGPC?

Anyone know where I can buy one of these? I ordered one from mash-mods some time ago with the intention of making a backlit NGPC, but have never heard back. As I've had a broken GBA SP hanging around for a few weeks (which will inevitably get lost at some point:rolleyes:), I was wondering if...
  11. M

Problems installing Neo-Bitz board...

I'm trying to install a Neo-Bitz board on my NEO-AES3-5 revision AES, but can't manage to get a decent component signal from it. When all is installed, the picture is very narrow, very poor and with a green tint (although composite works fine). I've checked out my outputs, but they're all...