Search results

1. P

making a supergun on a budget?

I've been looking into making a supergun for a while now to test my boards the boards that i have, that don't get hooked up in my cab that often. I have a Killer Instinct board that I broke by putting my eeproms in backwards in, I got new ones but it still won't boot so i sent the board to the...
  2. P

looking at a metal slug cab with monitor issues.

I'm looking at picking up a metal slug cab for 75 bucks. The person selling it says that as you play the monitor goes dim, then dimmer, then dimmer until you can barely see it. I haven't had to deal with monitor issues yet so just wondering what i can do to fix it. Is that type of monitor...
  3. P

soul edge kick harness?

I picked up soul edge for cheap on ebay and didn't' even think of a kick harness for it. I asked good ol' bob if he has one and said no. I'm wondering could I just pick up a Jamma connector put in two keys and cut it down to size? or do any of you know where i can pick up a kick harness for...
  4. P

Finally got my MVH but i'm not happy.

I got my board today and i was starting to try to clean it up and noticed this. :blow_top::blow_top::very_ang::very_ang: I'm assuming this is bad. I haven't taken it up yet with the ebay seller thought i'd ask you guys about it. here are a couple of more pictures. let me know what you...
  5. P

Power supply questions.

I have a KI1 cabinet and I'm waiting for a MVS 1 slot to show up in the mail. I'm having problems with my KI board, I just got new any IDE bootroms for KI1 and KI2. I was having problems with the KI1 booting up and locking up. Then it stop booting and showing the Killer Instinct screen now it...
  6. P

Common knowledge stuff??

I've been looking for a while and haven't found anything like general knowledge stuff. a few questions that I've thought of over the last few days are. what kinda things should you do before swapping out your carts (I'm assuming you have to turn off the cabinet to swap the carts)? Is it bad...
  7. P

EPROM question

I picked up a killer instinct cabinet over the weekend which had the KI2 upgrade. I was super excited and didn't notice that the EPROMs has notiches in them to show you how they were supposed to be installed. I went by how the KI1 eproms were installed (by which way the sticker was facing...
  8. P

which should i pick up... MV1F or MV1C

I'm looking at a couple of boards on ebay to put in my killer instinct cabinet an MV1F and MV1C. I've seen a website posted on here before that has a chart a break down of which ones are mono/jamma and which ones are MVS. I know multislots are MVS and singles are closer to jamma. Just looking...