Search results

1. B

Naomi cart screw size

Anyone know what size screw is used for Naomi carts? I Recently picked up a Naomi with game, but it's missing the 2 screws that secure the pcb to the shell. Thanks!
  2. B

WG Monitor - What is this stuff?

Anyone know what this circuit is for on my monitor? One pin says +30V and the other says H_SYNC. It's printed WGM2550-U4GR17J on the chassis. Is that white wire supposed to be hooked up to anything? I have an older picture where it looks like the white connector was hooked up to the +30V...
  3. B

Console Controllers to USB or Using Console Controllers as Arcade Sticks

A while back I seem to remember someone created and was selling some sort of pcb that would take basically any kind of console controller and either convert it to a USB connection so it could be used on a PC, or it made it so it could be used for like an arcade machine input. I forget what it...
  4. B

Another question about current

I have another question in my neverending hunt to build a supergun to handle enough current for my 6-slot MVS. Since it's really hard to find connectors rated for such high currents I was wondering if I could take the +5 from the power supply split it across 3 or so pins on a DIN connector then...
  5. B

Monitors and current

Does anyone know off the top of their head about how much current an arcade monitor draws...like some form of 25" WG. It's not sitting in a cab and I'd like to wire up a power switch for it. I hate having things turn on the moment I plug them in :P I'm thinking about using a DPST switch for...
  6. B

Looking for parts(15 pin connector)

So just as I think I'm good to go with my 6 player x-men I'm not. I thought I bought the right 15 pin connectors for the extra 4 players, but I was wrong. I bought some 2.54mm pitch connectors...it really needs 2.5mm connectors which I'm having a hell of a time finding. I've tried mouser and...
  7. B

Me and my 6-player X-men pcb

So yeah...I finally got that bastard board working. I don't have it lined up too well in that picture, plus I took that using MPC and VLC, before I figured out how to make MPC flip the image. If only someone could combine those 2! Each one has it's pluses and minuses. With the help of 2 of...
  8. B

Logic Probes

Since I keep seeing threads where having a logic probe would be useful I figure it wouldn't hurt to get one. What are some key features to look for in a logic probe? I see some that have a max signal frequency of 20MHz or 50MHz and different input impedances of 1M Ohms or 120K Ohms. I'm...
  9. B

Me, My 6-slot, and some motherboard questions with pictures!

I've had this 6-slot for maybe close to a year and I finally got around to cracking the thing open to get a nice look at the bottom board and it just brought up a whole lotta questions! One nice thing I noticed is someone already ripped out the old battery and put it longer wires to a battery...
  10. B

Circuits and power

Sooo I found a schematic which should allow me to flip my video signal to get my 6-player X-men into a playable state. I can understand the parts well enough, but I don't understand how it's powered. It involves a few IC's and they take a few different voltages. Some are labeled as analog...
  11. B

JAMMA and Video Capture

Anyone with a video capture card in their PC ever try to capture the output from one of their arcade machines hooked up through a JROK or NeoBitz or similar? I tried and it doesn't work so well. The capture card can't seem to lock on to the signal. If I run the signal through my VCR first it...
  12. B

X-men 6 Player second RGB out info and question

Ok so I played with my X-men board some more and I'm finally getting somewhere. The post I found online said the pinout for the second RGB connector was 1 R 2 G 3 B 4 Gnd 5 sync? 6 +5 I tried that and got no signal, but the encoder board got power (JROK and NeoBitz). So I went poking around...
  13. B

X-men and NeoBitz

Sooo anyone ever tried the 6 player X-men with the NeoBitz encoder? It sort of works...it appears some color is missing. I only have one screen hooked up, I have no idea about the pinout of the extra RGB connector that's on the mobo...haven't been able to find the manual for the game yet. Best...
  14. B

Another Memory Card Question

So as I'm looking at SRAM cards some have attribute memory, and some don't. Does anyone know if this attribute memory feature is good or bad when it comes to looking for a 3rd party memory card for the Neo Geo?
  15. B

What's up with the bottom of this 2-slot MVS

So I got this board off of ebay and I'm trying to figure out what happened to the bottom of this board. Was this a repair job, or did the factory just do a crappy job when they made it? This is under the volume slider and headphone jack: The jack under the foam pad looks worse. This is where...
  16. B

2-Slot MVS and headphone jack sound

I recently purchased a 2-slot MVS from ebay. I tried hooked up some headphones to the phone jacks, but I didn't get any sound even after messing with the slider. ( I only had +5V hooked up at that time). I then wired up my harness to feed in +12V so I could make sure sound at least worked from...
  17. B

My brief adventure with NeoGeo memory cards

So I bought a Panasonic SRAM card (BN-064HSR) thinking it should work as a replacement for an official NeoGeo memory card. It appears I was wrong. I forget what error I got first, but it turns out I forgot to put the battery in it. So once I put the battery in all I get is a "memory card...
  18. B

Supergun building advice needed

So I got myself a plastic project box that I was hoping to mount all my connectors in it. I can't seem to find anything good to make half decent cutouts. I can't seem to get jack done with my dremel. Anyone got any good tips for cutting out holes to fit a few DB-15/25 connectors and other stuff?
  19. B

Power connectors for consolizing a 6-slot

So I want to make a supergunish kind of thing for my 6 slot. Since I'm using a regular pc power supply it's going to be kept outside of the box and I just want to plug it into the supergun. Does anyone know of any high current type jacks/plugs I can panel mount to my plastic enclosure to bring...
  20. B

Edge connector pins

Anyone know where to get the solid gold looking terminal pins for an edge connector? The molex ones I got were just gold plated on the contact part. Here's the molex one: http://www.molex.com/cgi-bin/bv/molex/jsp/products/datasheet.jsp?part=active/0008050302_CRIMP_TERMINALS.xml I bought a...