Search results

1. L

getting a new monitor

Free is best! I'm picking up a free Mitsubishi 37 Inch XC-3715C monitor tomorrow. I went over today to get it and realised it's a two man job... this thing is huge. I was going to keep it in the spare room but it's bigger than our main tv and probably better quality so I think it's going to get...
  2. L

Electrical death machine

It seems that's what I have created. I have been attempting to create an RGB lead for my CMVS to an amiga 1084 monitor, and a very worrying thing is happening. The monitor and the CMVS are both plugged into a power board. both are switched off. If I touch the contacts coming from the RGB port...
  3. L

Last Resort MVS problem

So I finally get to try some of my MVS carts now the CMSV is finished, and they all work except one... Last Resort. One of the games I would *really* like to get running. It powers up with the usual garbled colours and characters, but seems to keep resetting to that state every 5 seconds or so...
  4. L

CMVS project finished!

Finally. A little writeup with pics here - http://www.i-sage.net.au/lavalyte/
  5. L

Unusual MVS motherboard

Last year I bought a 4 slot MVS board from an arcade op here in Melbourne. He showed me around his workroom/warehouse when I went to pick it up. One thing he had was an MVS board that I can't identify from www.hardmvs.com. It was a one slot board, but *tiny*. Smaller than the smallest board on...
  6. L

Circuit board construction - guide?

Hi, I realise this seems an obtuse question, but... I'm looking for some general information on how to solder components onto one of those hobby circuit boards (not a bread board, I'm talking about the brown boards with holes in). Obviously you push the contacts through the board to the other...
  7. L

Where to find molex connectors?

I've been trying to find a supplier for the molex connectors I need for this power supply: http://www.powdec.com/pdf/pte43.pdf I need molex 09-65-2038 and 09-65-2068 connectors. The only people I can source them off are distributors who require me to buy a minimum of 50 each. Does anyone know...
  8. L

Thanks for the advice!

Just like to say thanks for the advice I've been recieving here... It's been invaluable in getting my first supergun finished. It's not as pretty as I had hoped, but there's always next time.
  9. L

no sound through supergun

I'm finishing up my first supergun, connected to a MV-1FZ, and I'm trying to get *any* sound out of it... I haven't done the stereo mod on the board. So far, nothing. I've got an rca cable with centre connected to pin 10, outer to L. Do I need to give this board 12V as well as 5 to get sound?
  10. L

Probably a really stupid question

but what the hell. CMVS in the making... I've got one of these psu's on the way : http://www.powdec.com/pdf/pte43.pdf and I've got one of those PC mains power cable plugs (the three pronged one). I'm just not sure what the pinouts are on the mains cable, and what the expected inputs are to the...
  11. L

PCB Feet - where to find

So. My MVF-1FZ board arrived in the mail with one of the feet broken off. Where can I source a replacement, would anyone know?
  12. L

Bunch of consolizing questions

I've mentioned in another thread that I'm about to attempt to consolize a 4 slot MVS system. There are no on-line how-to guides that show exactly what I want to know, so I've got some questions.... I've never worked much with sheet metal before. How can I get a nice clean cutting result? What...
  13. L

Power! I need power!

So I'm about to consolize a 4 slot MVS. Given the relatively low power requirements I'd like to use a wall-nut style transformer cable, but I've been told I really should use a PC power supply so that I get properly regulated power. Is this correct? Does anyone know of a brand of PC power...
  14. L

purchasing decisions...

I've been offered these MVS carts for $au20 each... which ones should I get? I'll definitely be getting MS3, MS5, SNK vs Capcom and Shock Troopers, but what about the others? Sengoku 3 KOF 1997 KOF 1999 KOF 2000 KOF 2001 KOF 2003 KOF 10th Anniversary Metal Slug 3 Metal Slug 5 Samurai...
  15. L

Name of RGB connector

I've recieved a jamma harness that has the RGB/sync/ground running to a 5 pin connector that looks a little like a PC power supply connector (5 pins in a row, ground pin slightly set apart from the others). Looks like the match to the socket on this board ...
  16. L

Sun RGB monitors and a supergun

Has anyone tried to get a supergun working with one of the older 21" sun sparcstation monitors? I know they were RGB but I don't know if they sync down low enough.