Search results

1. Crowquill

Best approach to fix bent pins on Memory Card slot on 2-25 cab

So now that a friend and I have Neo-Geo cabs I finally thought I'd try a memory card. Discovered yesterday, though, that there are some bent pins. I got the worst one bent back mostly, but it's still a little curved. Any suggestions besides really tiny needlenose pliers? I don't think it's been...
  2. Crowquill

Is there a font for typing move lists? If not, any interest if I make one?

I was going to make a movelist label to go with the Primal Rage JAMMA board I just bought. Pasting arrow graphics is getting tedious. Surprised that I can't find an existing font. Anyone know of one? Sure there's dingbat fonts that include arrows, but I was thinking of making a font that...
  3. Crowquill

Is there a medium-res to NTSC convertor?

I'm trying to fix a standard Terraburst arcade machine that was discarded because the giant medium-res CRT monitor died. I'm trying to see if I can convert the signal to use a TV instead. I believe the deluxe used a 50" projection TV (the remote in the manual has a Mitsubishi logo on it), but...
  4. Crowquill

No sound in games on MV2F. System sound test works fine.

I'm helping out a friend get his gold 2-slot working. We have a MV2F board that plays fine but has no audio in games. If we run the sound test from the system's test menu it works fine. Didn't see any obvious issues on the PCB, but the chip labeled NEO-E0 seems to be getting really hot. We also...
  5. Crowquill

A quick hello and a noob UniBios question

Hey! I've lurked around here periodically, but finally joined up. Like many people these days, I got started with emulators and then worked up to a JAMMA cabinet where I swap out PCBs. At a recent auction I have now fulfilled my dream of owning a MVS cabinet (2-slot dedicated) as well. ($50...
  6. Crowquill

Wiring a switching power supply for a 2-25 cab

Picked up a partially gutted MVS 2-25 at an auction last weekend. Cabinet's in great shape after a few minor fixes and the 2-slot board works perfectly (so do the Bust-A-Move and 3 count bout carts). I'm still going to have to get a new monitor for it, but I'm focusing on the missing power...