Search results

1. I

Need Seth Striker Usage Strageties

I recently tried using Seth striker with my standard team of Kyo, Iori, Clark and/or Kim. Needless to say, for me to be one of the many people who were griping about it a long time ago, I'm starting to like this guy 10 times better than Joe. Strange that the things I gripe about the most are...
  2. I

I'm glad I can speak proper English!

Some of you may have seen this site before... but then again, some of you might have not: http://www.engrish.com hebretto sent me this site. It's hilarious!!!! Guaranteed laughs... "You can bank on it!"
  3. I

A website I put up with KoF '99 Bugs

I've come across a lotta bugs while I've been playing KoF '99 at home. Every time I piece of really weird-arse BS has come up I've made a screenshot of it in hopes of me keeping an archive of such weird events. Now they're all presented in a nice little website I decided to create to document...
  4. I

Need Anti-Mary Tactics

Ever since '99, Mary has become extremely powerful. Before that at my arcade Mary players weren't that common but now she's being used fairly often. Four of my friends play Mary as a primary character. That cheapo player who plays Bao and Chang at my arcade also uses Mary. There's "Something...
  5. I

Another KoF Psychology Question - AB Recovery Rolling

Admist my group of friends who play KoF, I've noticed one small annoying thing that I still cannot get to this day. Of the 8 or so people whom I personally know from my school and play KoF, 5 of 'em can't AB Recovery Roll after getting knocked down. The three who can consist of me, and a...
  6. I

KoF Parody I Made - Need Your Input

Since there are KoF players here I'd like your input on this parody I made of a pop song (I don't like the original song in question but I felt the lyrics and general theme of the song related to KoF very well): http://www.neo-geo.com/cgi-local/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic&f=17&t=000165 If...
  7. I

KoF '99 USA PSX Prices

I've read around the boards that KoF '99 USA for the Playstation ranged anywhere between $9.99 to around $15. Question is, why is this game dirt cheap? I know that the age of the game has something to do with it but it's only at the most 2 years old (and the USA PSX release was fairly recent)...
  8. I

My KoF Parody of TLC's "No Scrubs"

No Scrub - a parody made by Iie-Kyo A scrub is a guy who thinks he's good Also known as a cheap-ass Always hiding behind their Seth strikers And turtles away like a coward --- CHORUS: No, I can't stand your turtling No, I don't want to deal with that crap And no, I don't want to break through...
  9. I

K' Striker Bug in '99 - Anyone Did This Before?

I did this by accident in Practice Mode and Arcade Mode while I was warming up to go to my arcade on my emul8tor. Conditions: - Have K' as your striker. - Use a character with a fairly fast striker taunt (Kyo-1 or Kyo-2 are great for this) Push your opponent away so that they're just beyond...
  10. I

KoF 2k Comboing System Discussion

I've noticed SNK did a half-assed job with their comboing system this year. Certain things that couldn't combo before or had their comboability disabled in '99 came back in 2000. For example, Kim can do a dwn B, dwn A, QCB, HCF + K DM in 2000. He could do this in '98, but it was taken out in...
  11. I

KoF '99 USA PSX Verison

Anyone tried this out? What are the differences? What did they take out? What did they add? Do they have any funky codes (other than the Krizalid one) like the DC port of '99 has? ------------------ I eat King sized pancakes for breakfast, Terry-aki burgers for lunch, and meat Jhun with...
  12. I

KoF Psychology - Your Comments

I need your comments. Warning, this post will be lengthy. Yesterday I went against yet another Chinese player at my arcade. He and I have a bitter rivalry that stemmed from '99 a long time ago: One day I was playing KoF '99 against the CPU. This was during the days when I hated competition...
  13. I

Characters that would be axed in KOF 2k1

Since there's a post asking for people who'd want characters back in 2k1 I guess I'll ask the opposite: Which of the existing characters do you want eliminated? Bao (gameplay wise and story wise he's one pain in the ass) So far he's the only one I'd want to get rid of. *prepares for the...
  14. I

That unknown air "command throw" with Mai

People talked about this at ON.com and I figured I'd bring it up again. I'm not sure if she has this in 2000 at all but I know it exists in '99. The thing is, how the heck do you do it? Nobody at my arcade seems to know the motion after her charge dwn, up + P. Nor does no one know when to...
  15. I

How do you get high level 8 BA in '99?

I think I discussed this with Setsuna X but I missed the replies to that thread so I'm opening it up here again. You all seem to be experts at this. When I play '99 on either my emulator or the PSX on level 8 I get lousy BA. I range between 400 to 570 BA. How do you guys do it? All of you...
  16. I

Request for Kula Movelists, Tips, and Strageties

For some reason, I end up learning how to play characters I previously disliked. I hate Bao with a passion but I can play cheap with him if I want. I used to hate playing Clark and Orochi Yashiro but I learned how to play 'em after accidentally picking both of 'em. Now, the girl whom I...
  17. I

Long-arse Hinako combo - has anyone done this?

(opp in corner) dwn B, stand B, fwd B, stand B, fwd B, stand B, df A, Joe, run up to the guy, dwn B, stand B, fwd B, stand B, fwd B, stand B, df A, Joe... ad infinium until you want to do Hinako's HCF x 2 + K DM or SDM How many hits does this combo do? I mess up after the second Joe. How...