Search results

1. dogtoy

Hyper Neo Geo 64 worthwhile??

So I'm thinking about investing in one of these. I am a pretty avid Neo collector and have been around here for quite some time now (mostly lurk in tech support, leave for awhile, come back and lurk a bit, perhaps you've seen my posts). Just wondering everyone's opinion on these games and the...
  2. dogtoy

Indian Metal Slug Collector's Edition - Beware!!

http://cgi.ebay.in/METAL-SLUG-Collectors-Edition-PC-Game-CD_W0QQitemZ150154931145QQcmdZViewItem Buyer beware! I saw this and was curious about it and got a torrent to try it out, it's just Metal Slug, MS2, MSX, and MS3 roms run in an emulator with an Indian interface. Not licensed by SNKP...
  3. dogtoy

Kentuckiana anyone?

Anyone in louisville or other kentucky or southern indiana? Just trying to find some other collectors in the area. I know there are some other people here with Neo systems because there is a local arcade vendor that I talk to sometimes who mentioned some other people coming into his shop...
  4. dogtoy

Radica Genesis cartridge slot mod

Has anyone here done the cartridge mod for the radica genesis/megadrive 6-in-1 tv games yet? (see ben heck's website for info) http://benheck.com/phpBB/viewforum.php?f=12&sid=6b462f27ce04a1f5c470e6b676bce91d I just got one of these (i wanted to get the one with two 6 button controllers, the new...
  5. dogtoy

JROK v4 bulk order? DO IT NOW!!! Awesome deal!

OK I'm looking to see who here is interested in a bulk order of the new JROK RGB to Component/S-video/Composite board. The new board is: http://www.jrok.com/hardware/RGBv4/index.html It looks like JROK is already taking orders. See post here...
  6. dogtoy

Haunted Revelations rave tonight

Anyone in or around the Louisville KY area going to the Haunted Revelations rave at expo 5 tonight?? should be pretty fun. If anyone is interested in joinging me and some friends PM me. What: Haunted Revelations rave when: 10/28/05 Fri. 10PM-5am Where: Expo Five (on 7th street) How much: $15...
  7. dogtoy

Hori Fighting Stick PS vs SS

OK not a tech question but a comparison for interested parties. I have heard good things about both these sticks, and I assumed they were basically equivalent because they were released at about the same time and look basically the same ...NOT TRUE!!! They should have named the PS the Fighting...
  8. dogtoy

Romhack??

Sorry if it's already been posted, but is this a romhack? http://cgi.ebay.com/KING-OF-THE-FIGHTERS-10TH-ANIVERSARY-MVS-CASSETTE_W0QQitemZ6198968500QQcategoryZ13716QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem If it is, is it just KOF '94 w/ a new title screen. Like KOF '94 Rebout for XBOX and ps2? cheers, -DT
  9. dogtoy

Special Euro release of Thrash Ralley

Everybody's favorite game to find on ebay... The "well known" neo-geo game "Trash Ralley". Which is comparable to drift out, mind you. http://cgi.ebay.com/Original-NeoGeo-MVS-Game-Trash-Rally_W0QQitemZ6198626142QQcategoryZ13718QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem ADK must have marketed this one differently...
  10. dogtoy

CXA1645 and bad CVBS output

I have this el cheapo rgb encoder board with a CXA1645 compatible chip (don't know if it is a cxa for real or one of the other pin compatible chips bc the top of the chip is sanded off). Bottom line - the CVBS(composite) video output looks like shite. Rolling pic, rainbow-like coloring in...
  11. dogtoy

Red Clash Pinout woes

I am having a terrible time trying to find pinouts for the edge connector on this somewhat rare pre-jamma game made by tehkan (also kaneko). Mike's Arcade claims it to be the same as galaxian/pac-man but it obviously is not, because those are 44 pins and the card edge on this game is 32 pins...
  12. dogtoy

4-slot "mahjong" ports not working

This might seem like a a dumb problem, but I can't get my controller ports to work on my 4-slot. The ones I built into my supergun work perfect (AES pinout minus +5V and second D button) I wired my controllers using this same pinout. I have tried it with DIP 3 on and off...no dice. Doesn't...
  13. dogtoy

Multimeters and board safety

Fixing my Shock Troopers 2 MVS cart that got mashed last year in car wreck. Part of the CHA board is cracked. Anyway my question is, is it safe to go poking around on the mask roms and traces with a multimeter to check continuity?? I ask because all the MVS manuals say you must use a logic...
  14. dogtoy

MV-1A For sale!! Cheap!! *errors*

I got this MV-1A on ebay and planned to fix it and resell it. The guy selling it said it had a pallette ram error (address 00400000 write 5555 read 5554). THis is with the SNK BIOS. I popped a uni-bios in and got pallette ram 1 error, pallette ram 2 error, error with calendar chip, and z80...
  15. dogtoy

Bootlegs!! Good stuff...

I was looking at my Metal Slug 1 MVS today and something seemed odd about it. I realize I have never opened it before, so I pop it on open, and it's gotta be a bootleg. The Prog board is PROGGSC the same one as my Fatal Fury Special, and there are two ROM chips stacked on V2 with a wire...
  16. dogtoy

4-slot problems

OK, so i'm replacing the video ram on my 4 slot (the 5814s) and I thought I had unsoldered all the pins, well the chip came out but the solder terminal (hole in the board) for pin 24 is completely full of solder. I have tried to suck it out with the desoldering iron, with and without...
  17. dogtoy

Ram differences

OK, So I bought this 4 slot, 8000 video ram error, etc. Has anyone used hyundai HM6116P-3 (150ns 2k x 8bit 24 pin) or Hyundai HY6116ALP-10 (100ns 2k x 8bit 24 pin)?? I can't find a datasheet for the HY6116ALP so i'm not positive it is pin compatible but I am betting it probably is. The...
  18. dogtoy

Broken Fatal Fury Special

OK, so I have this MVS Fatal Fury Special cart, and there is a busted EEPROM on one of the boards, crushed like. All the other chips are regular EPROMs, and are numbered correctly, but there is one erasable. I believe it is a P chip, but not sure, bc it's not here right now. My question...
  19. dogtoy

Wanted 2, 4, 6 slot

Anything with a memory card and multislot. Can trade MV-1A to people needing a 1 slot. Would prefer a trade plus some cash. Thanks -DT
  20. dogtoy

Bridging bad traces

Anyone here ever try to bridge cut traces on PCBs w/ those conductive trace pens? Good or no? I have an MVS shock troopers cart that got crunched, and an old 6 player x-men w/ lots of cut traces. cheers -DT