Search results

1. T

a job for JEFF or any other talented person with repairing MVS

Hey guys, I posted a while back in regards to my Same Sho 2 having a z80 error when it boots up. I read (I might be mistaken) on forums here that there is a way to repair this and Jeff might be the guy to do so. So the challenge is set up, if you can fix z80 error or know how to please PM...
  2. T

Is this Ebay Auction for real?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=13716&item=6122844018&rd=1 Ummmm kof 2004? I thought that was neowave on atomiswave not an MVS game. I am confused :spock:
  3. T

Enhanced Willem Question

I see These programmers on ebay but with two types: 'BIOS FLASH ' and 'ZIF PLCC FWH' Which one is the one I should be buying for Neo Geo BIOS purposes as well as fixing old games? Appreciate it. -ToeJam
  4. T

FT: MVS KOF '98 Korean for KOF '98 US MVS

Hey guys, like the topic says, I would like to trade my korean KOF '98 MVS cart for a US KOF '98 MVS cartridge. I will take pics of the insides when I get home from work tonight, for all those interested. Give me a PM. If anyone is going to OTAKON and will be there Saturday, I can make an...
  5. T

Dreamcast --> Jamma convertor.

Hey guys, can anyone possibly build me a Dreamcast to Jamma cable? I wanna play MVC2 in my cabinet as well as a couple other classic DC games. How much would one cost me from someone here who's built one? I don't want the MGCD one, cause that uses credits for gameplay time and that's just...
  6. T

FUSE question for arcade cabs

Hey guys, I built my supergun using a real cabinet layout (meaning used a real PSU not a tabletop). I blew out the fuse I got. I do not know what kind of fuse it is as I just bought the AC starter kit from BOB roberts. I was wondering if someone knew what kind of fuse is needed, so that I...
  7. T

Wanted: Neo Geo Pocket Color System

Hey guys and gals, I wanna buy a Neo Geo Pocket Color System. I want one that has no screen scratches, is a color system not B/W, can be any color really except pink (if they had one that was pink haha), and I am not picky if it includes any games. I am insterested in pics if available...
  8. T

ROM upgrades REversable?

Hey guys I have an Ultimate Mortal Kombat three that was obviously an upgrade from MK3. If I ever wanted to make this a regular MK3 again, can I swap roms back to the earlier version? So my question is as follows: For Rom upgrades on PCB can they downgrade to original or is that a problem...
  9. T

Looking for CPS-3 Manuals

Hey guys, I am looking for a website that contains CPS-3 manuals. Would be greatly appreciated. Mainly Jojo's Games -ToeJam
  10. T

Wanted: CPS-3, Jojo no Kimyouna Bouken: Miraihe no Isan

Hey guys, I know alot of you despise the CPS-3 for it's suicide battery, but I'm a huuuge fan of Jojo's Bizarre Adventure. I have the first game on CPS-3 but now I want the second one. The one that came out in 1999. What I am looking for is if possible a full kit (Motherboard, Manual, Ram...
  11. T

Urgent Supergun RCA wiring help needed.

Hey Guys, I was wondering of someone could post a pic of how they wired their SUPERGUN sound through the RCA jacks. I am going with the standard MONO that the harness provides, but I would love to see a picture of how someone's looks with an RCA jack. Thank you -ToeJam
  12. T

SuperGun woes. Where can I buy DB-15 connectors?

Hey Guys, I am putting the finishing touches on my supergun, and I would love to know the following information. I bought the Extension cables that were recommended to get from Comp USA in another thread (15 pin) I was wondering where can I get Male and Femal D-sub 15pin connectors? Solder...
  13. T

Need answers: New JROK with UMK3

Hey guys, I'm gonna buy a JROK. Sucks when you burn out AD725 Chips, but whatcha gonna do. I hear soo much about JROK this and JROK that, I was wondering does the JROK play Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3, Primal Rage, CPS1,2,3 fine? I hear it depends on TV, how can I find out if TV supports these...
  14. T

You all are going to love this... I think

Hey guys, I am creating a FAQ for the creation of a SUPERGUN and an RGB encoder all in one. This should help everyone when they ask how one is made. It will have detail, parts list and part numbers where apply, and pictures to help people understand it visually. The only thing I'm asking...
  15. T

Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3 Help needed!

I know this is a Neo Geo tech board, and I rememebr reading it is ok discussing other arcade/console tech here, so I am. I have an Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3 revision 1.1 baord and everytime I load it up I get a CMOS error. Anyone have any ideas as to why? Here are pics (bare with me) of the...
  16. T

How to Identify What Eeprom programmer to buy.

Hey Guys, I wanted to know what EEProm programmer to buy, so that I can fix my Samurai Shodown 2's Sound Chip as well as my Ultimate mortal Kombat 3's Game chips. Maybe hack the game to include Shao Kahn as playable. If anyone can tell me what EEprom programmer I would need I would appreciate...
  17. T

RGB ecndoer question

Hey guys. I had a question When wiring the RGB encoder (homemade) to the power block do I need to wire to Isolation transformer? I am using regular coin op power supply not Jameco console looking adapter. Appreciate all the info. Thanks. -ToeJam
  18. T

Mad about boots!

Nothing like popping in an MVS game into your machine and then have a suspicious hunch that you bought a bootleg. I got King of Fighters 98 and I realized that well sounds were missing as well as a few secret chars. I open up the cart and much to my surprise the Top and Bottom boards are made...
  19. T

Control Panel layout help needed

Hey guys, I'm constructing a 6 button control panel so that I may have the option to play CPS2 games. Can anyone give me dimensions for the perfect button spacing for a 6 button control panel? What I need is the dimenions of the holes I'd need to drill from joystick to the buttons and...
  20. T

What's the deal with stereo?

Hey Guys, Are there certain games that require stereo sound? Kof98 is one of them? I thought my MVS game was a bootleg cause I press start over rugal, Kyo, and a few others and they did not have their alternate costumes/styles. Also Shingo like never has any of his speaches process through...