Search results

1. tenfresh

Big Red refurbish process gallery.

Finally finished the process gallery for a refurbish of my big red that's been about a decade in the making. I took some liberties with the look, aspiring for 'big red all grown up': https://imgur.com/a/ss22O And in an effort to get the most use out of the big guy I also went all-in on making...
  2. tenfresh

ISO Ninja Masters English Moves Strip

Anyone have a link for a decent image of the Ninja Masters moves strip sticker? Or have a physical one they'd be kind enough to scan or even photograph flat halfway decently? Thanks! Best image I've found online for reference: https://www.neostore.com/v/vspfiles/photos/802-2.jpg
  3. tenfresh

Digitized a Samurai Spirits 2 'Tips & Tricks' VHS Tape

I bought this VHS in the clearance bin of a movie rental shop in Japan in 1997. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LD_qRlpwSO8 Finally got around to digitizing it. Nice that it feature extensive voiceover from the original voice actors, and at the very end it has the TV commercial for the CD...
  4. tenfresh

I just listed a Metal Slug 5 MVS kit on ebay.

Link here: http://www.ebay.com/itm/201808464507 Would be willing to consider ending early to sell to a member of the community; shout me if interested and we can probably work something out.
  5. tenfresh

BALEETED!

BALEETED!
  6. tenfresh

SSII "suggested procedures for optimum earnings" pink slip

Somehow I never noticed this in my SSII kit. Anyone know if this was included in all SSII kits or added later? A fun find. It strikes me as oddly sterile language for them to use on vendors. TL;DR: "This is a good game! Charge more money for it and put it in a good spot and it will do real good!"
  7. tenfresh

Our Sengoku t-shirts

My wife's nephew and I enjoy playing neo-geo when he visits. The ridiculous engrish cracks us up, and we sometimes riff nicknames for the characters. For his birthday I printed us matching t-shirts with the names he came up with for the guys in Sengoku.
  8. tenfresh

161-in-1 Cart game list mini marquees

I designed these marquees for my MVS, based on a spreadsheet list I created of the 161-in-1 games with all the duplicates and hacks filtered out. Definitely makes scanning for something to play and finding what you're looking for a breeze! These are laminated test cards in the photo, Having...
  9. tenfresh

Anyone added external volume control to their mvs cab?

I'm chewing on how to best accomplish this and would love to hear how others approached it. One idea was to extend all the connections from the slider on the board and remount in a new slot I cut in the front of the cabinet for the slider. But that seems excessive...
  10. tenfresh

Marquee light panels wiring question.

I thought I throw this question out there before I start taking things apart and frying my components. :D I'm planning to replace the marquee light panels in my 4-slot with the ones from glowhut. I occurred to me that, while I'm at it, I'd love it if all 4 light panels were lit when the cab is...
  11. tenfresh

Source for replacement MVS board slots?

After years of traffic the slots in my MVS cab are getting problematically finicky; particularly the heavy-use front one. Cleaning the contacts seems to only make a nominal improvement anymore. I'm presuming that the contacts just bent back too loose at this point and it's time to replace the...
  12. tenfresh

Samurai Shodown players in Brooklyn?

It kills me that I missed the little SS2 tournament at PAX last weekend. I'm no true tourney level player, but love the game to death. I have a neo-geo cab -- wondering if there are any rabid SS fans in brooklyn who might want to have a little fanboy gathering and play. Or if you're visiting...
  13. tenfresh

Nam 1975 on ytmnd.com

I just made my first ytmnd -- based on what I always found most bizzare about Nam 1975. Figured you all would be able to appreciate it the most. Enjoy! http://nam1975.ytmnd.com/
  14. tenfresh

two neo geo Hori Fighting Sticks (and more) for sale on ebay

Just wanted to give folks here a heads up that I've just listed two Hori Fighting Sticks (a Neo and a Neo II in the box) on ebay. They're great joysticks, every bit as good as a SNK controller yet with added turbo switches, but now that I've moved on to a mvs cabinet I just don't use them...
  15. tenfresh

The problem with Sengoku 3...

I finally figured out why Sengoku 3, though an awesome game, just doesn't *quite* do it for me. I love the animation, the characters, the combo system, but I always felt like there was something that just wasn't as satisfying as it could be, and it just hit me what it is: That when you knock an...
  16. tenfresh

Why do so many Yaton mvs carts...

...and other used carts I see around have the label scratched away in a narrow strip on either side of the name? I never quite figured out why that damage in that place appears on so many mvs carts floading around. Something to do with opening the case? Scraching out a serial number? Like in...
  17. tenfresh

Memory card problem - dead battery?

I just got a neo-geo memory card off ebay and it passes the diagnosic test fine, will save a game, will load that game right after that if the power is not shut down, but holds no data otherwise -- Is this how a memory card with a dead battery behaves? Just wanted to confirm the probelm before...
  18. tenfresh

Metal Slug 3 multiple paths website?

I once saw a great Metal Slug 3 fansite that had screen captures of the entire game and mapped out all the multiple paths -- but for the the life of me I can't find it in google. Perhaps it's gone. :( Does anyone remember this site or have a link? Thanks!
  19. tenfresh

WTB: Sengoku 2 mvs

I'm looking to pick up an MVS of Sengoku 2, original or not. Thanks!
  20. tenfresh

Dead pixel fixable?

Today I disassembled and moved my MVS 4-slot to my new apartment and when I reinstalled the monitor and fired it up it has a single dead black pixel in it that I'm pretty sure wasn't there before. I can't see getting a whole new wells-gardner just for one damn pixel, but it's hard for the...