Search results

1. E

RAD2X - No picture with either AES or NGCD

I have been using a RAD2X with my Mega Drive 2 & Mega CD 2for a while, so thought I would pick up the adapter to use it with my Neo Geo consoles too. However the adapter arrived this weekend, and with the AES I get the colour bars, and on the NGCD I get no picture at all, just a black screen. I...
  2. E

AES Controller Button Repair?

My A Button has become quite unresponsive, I have to press it hard for it to register. I opened up the controller, but don't see any obvious way of accessing the button microswitches. I was going to try cleaning with ispopropyl, but there doesn't appear to be easy access to the button mechanism...
  3. E

AES - picture off center after RGB mod

As per this thread I just had an 3-5 revision AES console RGB modded. I have just noticed that while the picture is now much clearer, it is now off center to the left, which it wasn't before. As you can see in the attached screenshot there is approx 1 inch of the left side being cropped off, and...
  4. E

CMV1B consolized MVS on Indiegogo

Apologies if this has already been covered but a search turned up nothing. https://www.indiegogo.com/projects/cmv1b-micro-console-running-your-snk-mvs-games#/ I'm quite tempted by this, I've been looking for a consolized MVS for a while but most of them look home-made or are way over-priced...
  5. E

Definition of "fully working" Neo Geo CD controller

Just wondering if I'm being unreasonable here. Over the last month I have bought two NGCD controllers (yes I know 'real men' use joysticks, I have one of those too :) ) I understand the d-pads on these controllers are pretty fragile, but both the ones I have bought have non-clicking...
  6. E

Something I've learned playing Neo Geo games this week

This may be obvious to some people, but having come from home games consoles to the Neo Geo, I've noticed something which is quite annoying about some of the games. These are not home computer games, they are arcade games. The point of (good) home console games is to keep you playing and enable...
  7. E

Neo Geo CD Save Battery

As you may have seen I've just picked up a top loader Neo Geo CD, all seems to be working well, but one thing I can't figure out is if the save battery is still working. I have used the console for a good few hours so if it does still hold a charge it should be working now. How can I test it...
  8. E

New NGCD Owner

Hi all, I've been an occasional lurker here for years having always been fascinated by the Neo Geo. I must admit I didn't play NG games in the arcades much back in the 90s as I was a Street Fighter 2 kid, but I do have fond memories of seeing some games in arcades (Super Sidekicks, Puzzle...
  9. E

Will a Mega Drive 1 RGB SCART cable work with a Neo Geo CD

I've seen some conflicting opinions on this so looking for advice please. I have just ordered a JAP Neo Geo CD, it doesn't come with any AV cables. I already own a PAL Mega Drive 1 and have a decent RGB SCARt cable for it. Can I use the same one, or is the Neo Geo AV output different? I have...