Search results

1. RyuX

Neo Geo CD Repair problems (Laser Unit)

Short Update: Today I received my new Power Adapter which fixed all of my video noise issues https://de.aliexpress.com/item/4000134189016.html?spm=a2g0s.9042311.0.0.68044c4djO7LLt So I can recommend this adapter - shipping was also quite fast for Aliexpress Standards (10 days). As for the...
  2. RyuX

Neo Geo MVS MV-1A - Pink Screen

and after just half an hour... back to the pink screen I had in the first place. So the problem might not be related to any of the parts that I replaced. Since the pink screen is stuck I have no watchdog active. Feeling a little like giving up at this point. I have no spares of the bigger...
  3. RyuX

So as of right now I replaced all the RAM.. swapped around all of the LS / HC ICs with spares and cleaned the board really well.. all of the NEO-BUFs are new but still.. the board seems dead. I inspected all of the traces and also can't find any corrosion or broken traces or short circuits...
  4. RyuX

So.. I replaced the flat flex cable (18 pin / pitch 1.25 - length should be around 13-15cm) with a new one. Bought it here...
  5. RyuX

MVS to PAL Scart No video or sound

Did you check the continuity according to the following pinout: If you don't get continuity you maybe have the resistor/capacitor version of the RGB Cable so you can use this: Check the voltage on Pin 8 and 16 of the Scart Cable. Since you only have one supergun that you never had working...
  6. RyuX

OK Short update.. At the moment my only real problem seems to be the detection or reading of CDs upon powering the console up. When powering it ON I will always land on the TRACK 00 Audio CD Player Screen without any Tracks displayed. To fix this I simply have to open the tray once and close it...
  7. RyuX

Hey guys So I started the repair of my Neo Geo CD recently Had to replace the Inductor U4 and was happy that it suddenly had a picture but then it kinda had troubles reading discs. So I tried to mess around with the pots and calibrated the original laser quite well to the point were I was...
  8. RyuX

Hey guys. I recently purchased a broken MV-1A. It looked pretty good - no battery leak - quite clean but I only get a Pink Screen. When pushing around the board the color might change but ultimately I can never get through even with the diagnostic bios. I measured some of the Caps and got...
  9. RyuX

Black vertical lines and glitches

Hey friends I have another MV-1FZ which will pass all tests on the Diagnostics Bios after I replaced the Fast VRAM. I have those black vertical lines so I thought it might be LO-ROM related. So I removed my LO-ROM and put a Socket in and tried another LO-ROM with the same results. I also...
  10. RyuX

MV-1FZ weird problem (BIOS and BACKUP RAM ERROR)

Hey Guys. So I have another MV-1FZ that makes me scratch my head. It seems to have Backup RAM Problems but as well will report a Bios Error with no real Address when trying to boot it up with a UniBios. So I checked continuity from all A and D Lines from the Work and Backup RAM to the 68k...
  11. RyuX

MV-1AHCX Stuck on green screen

Hey guys - by the time I am typing this I was already able to fix the broken board that I received today. When first finding out it is a MV-1AHCX I was scared because I had no experience with this revision. Connecting it first it showed a Backup RAM Error and once the backup RAM error was fixed...
  12. RyuX

Overclocking the 68k

Hey Guys. I now overclocked my test rig.. which is a heavily repaired MV-1C from China. So I ordered an adjustable oscillator from aliexpress. https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1KHz-to-33MHz-Adjustable-Oscillator-Module-LTC1799/32443884225.html I first measured the stock clock which is pretty...
  13. RyuX

MV-1C no sound

Hey friends.. I am facing issues with my MV-1C that was working fine but stopped playing ingame sound today. The neo geo jingle will play just fine at boot but other than that it's dead silent. Anyone ever experienced something similar ? Thanks
  14. RyuX

Collection of Pinouts and Schematics

Hey dear friends. I thought I would start with the work I did this morning. I compiled some of the information on the Internet into a PDF mostly surrounding the Video RAM - LSPC2-A2 Area. There is a lot of information on neo-geo-dev (https://wiki.neogeodev.org) however I found especially the...
  15. RyuX

161 in 1 Cartridge (Rev. 2) not booting on MV-1C but working on MV-1FZ

Hey guys I have a Rev 2 161 in 1 Cartridge which is working on my MV-1FZ but not working on my MV-1C. Other game cartridges work on both mainboards without issues. I tried the stability fix from neo-geo-dev already as well as the capacitor mod without any luck. It seems it freezes on the...
  16. RyuX

Neo Geo RGB to HDMI Converter

Hey guys. Just wanted to give a quick update on my progress in converting the RGB from the neo geo directly to HDMI without any fancy circuits. https://youtu.be/79aldZ6SzIk I used this Converter from Aliexpress and connected RGB and Sync directly from the Jamma Connector...
  17. RyuX

Bad Luck with my MV-1FZ Mainboards

Dear Members.. This is my first post. My Name is Patrick and I am from Austria. I always wanted to have a Neo Geo and finally my dream will soon come true. I ordered 3x Mainboards from different places around the Interweb. All of them are MV-1FZs. However when firing them up for the first time...